Campaign crews

Ludvig

We're doing an SL campaign and I'm contemplating starting Bad Juju as my leader on an epic quest to finally do something well so Mommy Z will call him Good Juju for once. I have Zoraida and her avatar so building yowards her. Not sure if there are other hrnchmen who has a thematic link to her?

I'd like to stick to theme somewhat so swamp fiends are a must, probably waldgeists, maybe gupps, maybe McTav to start? My silurids aren't painted but one should be joining me first week.

Do you think something like Juju, Mc Tavish and a couple of waldgeists would work as a start or will I just be constantly frustrated because nothing can move? I could get some gupps to start and try to add McTavish early in the campaign since you get free ss for hires.

I don't need to kick everyone in the teeth because ai have a couple of newish players in the mix and I am the henchman/game master. I just don't want to be constantly frustrated.

Any ideas? Models I've overlooked?

I'd say if you are starting with both Mctavish and Juju then what you are wanting is numbers.

Both henchmen benefit from larger crews of swamp fiends. 

Juju as he has more resurrection opportunities and Mctavish due to his shooting getting keener.

Cheap activations also give Mctavish someone to drop scheme markers for gator snack when he's not buffing survivability.

So in this case yes look at whisps and gupps.

Alternatively if you led with spawn mother you could also bring in gators and/or boars.

• Like 1

I entered a campaign a few months back, my starting list was, Barbaros, Bad Juju, a Waldgeist & A silurid. 

It faired up pretty well, people get really frustrated with the Walgeists trees. There Armour 2 means they are a pain to kill, so they bring durability to the crew. I also handed out rooted a few times from the card flip, which always helps. 

Silurids are great, many games one scored Claim Jump itself, so if any schemes from this year seem fitting, the Silurid achieves it with ease.

My dad ran MacTavish (his win streak was incredible) and 5 gremlins I think, MacTavish has a solid shot with great range, so he can easily pick off scheme runners, or provide cover if needed. Having another swampfiend to boost his shot would be good, so it definately makes sense to play thematically. 

Juju was pretty good IMO, he maybe be slow, but he can punch really hard if the cards go in your favour. With upgrades, his Melee attacks gained a positive, so getting moderates became so much easier. I countered his slow walk with Barbaros and his pushes.

Hope this helps, I ended up running Lilith, I really enjoyed it, especially when my waldgeist claimed rights to the relic hammer for the last game. 

• Like 1