Jack of all trades

Terry Bailey Sr

This is getting hard to keep up with on my phone :P I agree @WWHSD, the reference to not starting with a limited was in reference to a post above mine saying you can remove a Gamin upgrade by swapping it for a Limited, which I was noting does work but only once.

@Saxtholm, yep the first one works great! There's technically nothing saying she can hold both the Killswitch and the Decoy (which might be unintended but hey) so she can even have 3 upgrades to swap out. The second is a bit confusingly worded, but if you mean on 1 turn swapping something for a Gamin upgrade and the next turn swapping it for a Limited then yeah it'd totally work as long as she's not already holding a Limited one :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saxthom said:

She is a henchmen, wouldn't decoy make a Max of 3? I will probably start most games with human guise, imbued energies, and decoy. Sounds pretty good to me. Anything sound better in general?

I forgot that Decoy doesn't take a slot, I was just looking for something cheap to use since it was going to get chucked. It does cost a point to take Killswitch but you've still got that out there somewhere so the points aren't totally wasted.. 

9 minutes ago, retnab said:

The second is a bit confusingly worded, but if you mean on 1 turn swapping something for a Gamin upgrade and the next turn swapping it for a Limited then yeah it'd totally work as long as she's not already holding a Limited one :) 

I'm sorry, I'm also struggling to keep up and stay concise on my phone lol

Say on turn one she dropped decoy, now she only has her limited upgrade, to grab a gamin upgrade. Turn two she uses regent, discards the gamin upgrade to target a friendly gamin model (herself), then she discards her limited upgrade and immediately reattches it. That way she can ditch a gamin upgrade with no net loss. Does that make sense? Does it work like I think?

1 minute ago, Saxthom said:

Say on turn one she dropped decoy, now she only has her limited upgrade, to grab a gamin upgrade. Turn two she uses regent, discards the gamin upgrade to target a friendly gamin model (herself), then she discards her limited upgrade and immediately reattches it. That way she can ditch a gamin upgrade with no net loss. Does that make sense? Does it work like I think?

Yup. That works since the target gamin (which is herself) discards before she attaches the upgrade. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saxthom said:

Yep, that's exactly it!  However from that point on she'll have one less upgrade slot which makes it a bit more restricted in what she can do (do it twice in a game and she's lost 2 upgrades)

Isn't this discussion trying to get around one of Sandeep's limiting mechanics, that he has a hard limit of three summons, and all of them are limited in some way?

The only Gamin I can see being worth the hassle involved above is his totem. Summon turn one, remove his upgrade, put it back into play turn two so Sandeep can summon three regular Gamin.

If you're looking for the best toolkit master, that's definitely Marcus.  He can do more damage than most masters; he can tank; he can buff, debuff and control; and he can run schemes. 

For the best toolkit master and crew, that would most likely be Sandeep and company as Sandeep helps out his whole crew by the buffs from the Gamin and allowing others to use his abilities.  

You can still build a good all-rounded fixed crew with either Master and do well, I'd say.  

2 hours ago, Freman said:

Isn't this discussion trying to get around one of Sandeep's limiting mechanics, that he has a hard limit of three summons, and all of them are limited in some way?

The only Gamin I can see being worth the hassle involved above is his totem. Summon turn one, remove his upgrade, put it back into play turn two so Sandeep can summon three regular Gamin.

I think it's more about which upgrade is targeted than which Gamin. Both of the Wind upgrades (can't cheat and either immune to slow or can interact the first turn) really have the most impact the round the Gamin is summoned and just becomes a liability after that.