GG2018 Take One For the Team. Problem with zero cost. Coryphee Duet.

AndreyF

Question

5 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, AndreyF said:

@Aaron
In final GG2018 rules powerful non-henchmen models like Coryphee Duet don't give bonuses for killing your poor sucker as their cost is Zero for this Scheme. So getting Guild Hound killed by puny Manequin gives more points then getting it killed by scary Coryphee Duet. Which is not logical I think.

Simple answer - If your opponent has 2 Corephyee in their list be careful about who you pick as a sucker.  And A guild hound killed by a mannequin earns you the same points as killed by a duet. (I know thats sematics and not your point).  

EDIT-oops got the maniquin cost wrong- Sorry

Yes, this is how it works in the rules. It might not seem logical, but it is the case. Logic has to be subject to the rules because there are so many special cases. 

6 minutes ago, Adran said:

And A guild hound killed by a mannequin earns you the same points as killed by a duet. (I know thats sematics and not your point).  

Guild Hound cost is 3
Mannequin cost is 4
Duet cost is 0
So if Guild Hound is killed by Manequin its owner earns 1 additional VP according to GG2018, as cost of killer is higher. And no extra VPs for being killed by duet Duet as it's cost is not higher.

Playing around rules glitches is ok with me. It is more about game looking better without them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndreyF said:

@Aaron
In final GG2018 rules powerful non-henchmen models like Coryphee Duet don't give bonuses for killing your poor sucker as their cost is Zero for this Scheme. So getting Guild Hound killed by puny Manequin gives more points then getting it killed by scary Coryphee Duet. Which is not logical I think.

Considering that most people are going to be looking at ways to kill your potential Sucker models with conditions etc so you will not score any points, it may well still be worth running the risk of making a slightly more threatening model with a slightly higher SS cost the Sucker so a big bad beatstick comes to nail them before they do too much damage.

I like the change to this scheme as it requires a little more planning to pull off.

• Like 4