Nythera Event and a new Governor-General election for dummies

Pikciwok

Hello  Fated and Fatemasters,

Although as a Game Master I run few TTB sessions, I consider myself mostly Malifaux player. I pay little attention to TTB official annual events and I read the books just to know better the represented world.

A year ago (roughly), I've read on the Wyrd news page that as a conclusion of Nythera Global Campaign Franco Marlow was appointed as a new Governor-General of Malifaux. At first I ignored the info - I didn't take part in the event, I didn't know who that Marlow is. Later I learned that both Nythera and Marlow are pivotal to the stories in last two Malifaux books. Finally, I've read Nythera (A Penny Dreadfull version), suspecting that at least one part of the campaign would be a political power struggle inside the Guild, with Fated characters somehow involved. Needless to say, I was surprised and a bit disappointed.

My question (and the reason why I started this topic) is: how TTB Players actually chose the new Governor during the Nythera Campaign Event? Who were the candidates? How the campaign looked like? Did You just run all that parts of the story, with Fated trying not to be crushed between fighting Masters, finally opening (or sealing) the Nythera, and afterwards you just voted in election of a new viceroy, totally unrelated to the plot? I hardly believe in that.