Thoughts on hooded rider at 10?

esqulax

As the title says, what do you think of the hooded rider at 10ss ? 

I always kinda liked him, so I am very interested in giving him a shot now, but I just can't shake the feeling that we aren't exactly lacking in efficient beaters. Especially since we also just got Hinamatsu at 9ss. 

I thought he wasn't bad at 12 against Ressers for hoovering up corpse marker or having high damage to get around HtW. 

I'll definitely be using him more now. 

He goes well with Titania as if you can get Queen's Champion on him, He gets great survivability a turn earlier and against different threats as well as much more likely to hit. 

Against Ressers, I'd still probably pair him with Johan for a ss cheaper overall and Hooded can tow Johan around to get around his slowness. 

25 minutes ago, le_sphinx said:

When you have two of them..

:D

7CD5A9ED-3836-4A20-9835-3CC92D3C6B2F.jpeg

Why should anybody have two Teddys?! Thats absurd! I own six myself (2x plastic m2e, 1x Metal m1e, 1x m1e Nightmare and Misery and Luther as a proxy) and even that's barely a reasonable Number!

At 10 pts i will take the Rider quite often! Teddy is mainly used with Dreamer or Pandora for Horror duels and his keyword, that won't change much. I barely used Mature before (Maybe with Titania),  so he doesn't really lost much. 

• Haha 1

Teddy is mostly a summon model for me.

Mature also would be if Grow lists were something actually working consistently.

As it is now I rarely used the Mature (when I need a beater with retribution eye) and now that the rider is 10SS, I don't see why I would bother using the Mature.

Maybe Wyrd will solve the matter in a later errata.

32 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Teddy is mostly a summon model for me.

Mature also would be if Grow lists were something actually working consistently.

As it is now I rarely used the Mature (when I need a beater with retribution eye) and now that the rider is 10SS, I don't see why I would bother using the Mature.

Maybe Wyrd will solve the matter in a later errata.

If I need retributions eye I go for a cyclops at 9ss, but now I might go for rider at 11 (including upgrade). It will depend a bit on the map and strat ofc. 

I find the ice pillars very strong in the right situation. 

I like the suggestion of making the Matures Wing Buffet a 0. That might go a ways to making it more playable. That way it has a way to disengage itself to make another charge or just to get somewhere else without hampering its AP.

Teddy needs more help now. I still don't agree with an ss reduction, as he's fine as a summon. A 0ss upgrade to buff him keeps him the same as a summon but more attractive as a hire.

6 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I like the suggestion of making the Matures Wing Buffet a 0. That might go a ways to making it more playable. That way it has a way to disengage itself to make another charge or just to get somewhere else without hampering its AP.

Teddy needs more help now. I still don't agree with an ss reduction, as he's fine as a summon. A 0ss upgrade to buff him keeps him the same as a summon but more attractive as a hire.

Then teddy wouldn't be able to take an upgrade

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, le_sphinx said:

Can we say the same about the Rider?:)

You can, but is it fair to compare a 10ss vs a 13ss model? For example in Titania I always want to bring the emissary. He's never disappointed me so I'm sticking with him (it?).

That basically gives me 40ss to work with, which are actually 37 cause I always take 3 upgrades with her. 13 or 10 stones out of 37 is a big difference. Although I never played her, cause I just don't like the model, I think she can be really strong with Titania, especially cause of titania pulling stuff in and taunting them and then use deal with him to bring in nekima is very strong and fairly easy to do.

4 minutes ago, Joachim said:

Although I never played her, cause I just don't like the model, I think she can be really strong with Titania, especially cause of titania pulling stuff in and taunting them and then use deal with him to bring in nekima is very strong and fairly easy to do.

The problem with the Nekima vs Mature comparison is mostly due to the fact that Nekima's defensive abilitives are a lot higher than the Mature's in many circumstances. Melee expert is also much better than Flurry. They fill exactly the same role.

It is normal that Nekima is better than the Mature, she costs 3SS more. However, now that the Rider is also 10SS with a lot of survibility, a superior mobility in many situations and an ability to deal damage that is lower but still nothing to sneeze at. He thus can do something similar to the Mature but with additional movement tricks.

17 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

They could always just state on the upgrade that it doesn’t count towards the upgrade limit. Upgrades like that already exist.

True, but in the case of the executioner that is not true. He's already pricey at 9ss, so I don't think you always want to, but now you can't pick an upgrade with him.