Are there any crew boxes that a new player could buy that DON'T have erratad models in them?

apes-ma

I was just wondering how the increasing amount of errata might impact the new player experience. I don't know all the factions inside out, but it seems to me that most, if not all, crew boxes now contain models that have had errata beyond their printed stat cards. Perhaps the Lilith box doesn't? Are there any others? I wonder if that's a bad thing for newer players?

A lot of the older erratas are, at this point, included in the cards that come in the box.  The only reason to be nervous about buying a Lilith box for example would be if you found one from the launch of M2E, (so 5 or so years old).

So long as the errata are just cost based, I can't picture that being a huge problem for newer players.  Generally the "wtf errata" reaction comes when you discover that the models in the box just do a totally different thing then you thought.

So...  Lucius and Ironsides levels of changes.

edit:  I guess Levi and Colette too?  Thought Colette's old "Prompt ftw" style of play wasn't really well supported by her very schemy box, so it might feel less like a kick in the teeth.

• Like 1

Just now, Redline said:

Woke Up With a Hand was changed, so no Lynch

True, although original post spoke of models with errata, so Lynch still sort of fits. 

On 08/01/2018 at 7:24 PM, Clement said:

So long as the errata are just cost based, I can't picture that being a huge problem for newer players.  Generally the "wtf errata" reaction comes when you discover that the models in the box just do a totally different thing then you thought.

So...  Lucius and Ironsides levels of changes.

edit:  I guess Levi and Colette too?  Thought Colette's old "Prompt ftw" style of play wasn't really well supported by her very schemy box, so it might feel less like a kick in the teeth.

The only 2 masters I would say have had huge changes are Lucius and Tara, the others are relatively minor changes to the card (although it might be a large change to how you use it, Ironsides only gained a :tome to her Df stat)

• Like 1

It shouldn't be a super big deal for most of them? Papa and Francisco basically play the same to someone who hasn't though of the Papa box. Some stuff like Marcus only has a few models that got cheaper. I get how Lucius and Tara could be confusing to find out their entire rules changed.

Errata is the sign of a healthy game so they should be happy.