January 2018 Errata

Lucidicide

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm assuming the reason is twofold. One, that Gaining Grounds as some suggest with defense of the Guild Guard change, is built on things working a certain way. And the other being that making sure all of the year's big events all have a consistent scheme set. Sure, you could have the GenCon 2018 and Adepticon 2019 be the single run, but it makes it simpler for Gaining Grounds 18 to be valid from early 2018 to the end of 2018, rather than from mid 2018 to mid 2019. Avoids confusion.

I'm not suggesting that they release Gaining Grounds later in the year. To me it makes sense that the errata that is released around the same time as Gaining Grounds be something simple (like these cost changes). You've got enough moving parts with the changes in Gaining Grounds that trying to do more complex errata at the same time seems like a recipe for disaster. 

13 hours ago, meows0r said:

- Mouse 3ss cuz I'd like to use him for once, and then Troubleshooters can join Bound By Law as having every model in it Erratad :P (if we include temporary shielding)

3 stones for Mouse would still be way too much. One can only hope that he is being completely reworked and they haven't finished testing him...

• Like 2

Would it be possible to have a .pdf per faction with the errated cards at proper printing size, ready to print out?

Additionally, can we get a watermark of the version on the cards like "180106" (for example) for this errata so that we know what we have is up to date?

Maintaining up to date decks is becoming painful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Additionally, can we get a watermark of the version on the cards like "180106" (for example) for this errata so that we know what we have is up to date?

Seconded. Small text at the bottom of the card, or a little "strip" (like on the alternate model cards) with a date would be great, so you can quickly and easily tell if you have the most recent version or not.

12 minutes ago, Mikey_C said:

I am surprised Friekorpsmen were not affected. I used to take them often but now I think they are quite behind the curve for a 5ss model.

Agree, but I think they want to keep the Freikorps lists as "elite" with not many minis, so I suppose they will have some kind of errata in their rules to make them worth the 5ss.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mikey_C said:

I am surprised Friekorpsmen were not affected. I used to take them often but now I think they are quite behind the curve for a 5ss model.

I agree with this 100%. I feel this way about the Death Marshalls too. I wish the Errata had a few rule and/or stat changes to help keep SS costs the same but overall help out a few models that aren't getting to the table.

• Like 1

Was just chatting this morning that I thought this would be the best way to make some changes and see how they settle before changing a bunch of rules. You file off some rough edges and expose some new ideas. If changes come July to the really pokey bits of the rules, well then it just smooths things out a bit more.

Yes I am sure some people wanted their favorite faction and or models fixed but I feel this was the best and easiest change without blowing up how everyone plays the game.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2018 at 2:50 PM, Tumling said:

@Aaron will there be an errata 2018 bundle on Wargame Vault  or will we have to buy single cards?

I too am curious about this. for we have a LOT of cards we will need to get.  ( if this has been answered, please point me to it I did not see it when i read through the thread)  Thanks!