Nekima or Hannah?

le_sphinx

It's time for a new purchase and I'm tearing between these two ladies. My pool of masters is Pandora, Dreamer, Lynch and freshly painted Titania.

Nekima is respectable NB all-stars member with fantastic melee potential. Hannah also has respactable attacks with blasts, also she brings more flexibiity with copying and sweet anti-cast bonuses. Nekima is quite straight forward. Hannah can provide more tools.

Probably it's a question of taste and what do you love more - demons or robots:), but whom you guys can recommend me in gg2018 environment?

P.s. Happy New Year everyone! Wish you more fun and exiting games in new year.

I think it really depends on the rest of the list and what Hannah can copy.  Her big weakness is speed, she's Walk 5 on a 50mm base, it sounds average, but Neverborn are generally fast-ish and that 50mm base gets stuck a lot.

If you have ways to get her up the board and good things to copy, she can be great but Nekima is a Neverborn all star for VERY good reason.

• Like 2

I love Hannah and take her all the time in Outcasts.  I don't think there is too much in Neverborn that really turns her up to 11, but she does have some neat things she can copy.  For instance, she can copy a Grootslang's Lair-to-Lair action to jump between lair markers.  She can also receive Queen's Champion to put out a silly amount of markers by damaging models with her blasts.  Teamed up with a Widow Weaver's web markers, her horror duel trigger on damage can really add up.

That all said, she's 11ss to hire not including any upgrades.  That is a highly contested point value in Neverborn.  To make it even more competitive at that stone range, the Hooded Rider just got reduced to 10ss and brings along movement utility, durability, marker removal, and a ton of killing power during Turn 3 and later.  

• Like 2

yeah, the Freikorps trait let's her copy the (0) action on Anna but just being able to copy The Swirling Damned isn't too bad anyway. As long as you have something (or multiple somethings) useful to copy Hannah is effectively gaining another AP. The only downside of using both in a Lilith list is you end up paying the Mercenary tax for both; however, having Arcane Reservoir and triple Rush of Magic (with Primordial Magic) is letting you see a lot of cards.  

On the original topic- out of the choices I prefer Nekima. Hannah has armor, Arcane Reservoir, and with the spell copy can effectively get another AP. Nekima is faster, hits a lot harder, and always has the extra Melee attack whereas Anna can "lose" the cast if there isn't anything to copy. While the armor is nice on Anna, with Regeneration and the heal (Teach Them Fear) and 3 more wounds Nekima can be more survivable. In some lists I really like Hannah for the cast/copy, the extra card, etc but I think Nekima brings more to a Lilith crew where you already get access to more cards with the Rush of Magic off Lilith and the Primordial Magic plus potential card draw off other models/triggers in the crew.   

• Like 1