A sneak peak to errata

thatlatinspeakingguy

On 1/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, Kaos said:

I expected a point reduction for abominations...

Take 4 desperate mercs, they shot each other, then Leveticus kill them and turn into aboms. +4 activations +4 stones in cache +hello Deso =3, thanAshen Core give him fast and Alyce gives him reactivation. Welcome to Malifaux, bitches)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KID55 said:

Can we make friendly models into enemy models?))

Nothing does that at the moment.

Its almost like several things are restricted to only working on enemy models to prevent abuse, and they have decided not to give an easy way to still abuse them...

• Haha 2

I think that the less nerfed has been A&D, since it keep doing the same ocupying the same niche. 

The Trapper has become a little bit situational, since he's no more a cheap reliable sniper to become an average one, with a in many cases better Hans costing the same (keep thinking that Hans should be more expensive than the Trapper). 

Johan has became from one of the best 6ss minis to one more 7ss one. 

2 hours ago, Oblivion awar said:

So, after nerf of top models (Johan, trapper and A&D) is it still worth to purchase them?

They still do everything they did before, so from that point of view yes they are still worth owning. You might find that the cost increase of these and the cost decrease of otehr models means you don't hire them as much as you would have (the 2 ss swing between trapper and Hans means that a lot more people that put a sniper in their list will look more closely at hans than they used to. The Trapper still has a purpose, in that it is better at damage, but Hans is better at board control as he always was)

1 hour ago, trikk said:

He can`t get Shed Blood so 1/3rd of your crew can`t score strategy in Public Execution.

He can`t get Gather Intel which means everybody can take Gather Intel from him and Core.

He still can kill ennemy model with shed blood and gather intel. Ashes is still a powerfull beater. So yeah he can't do strats and scheme very well but he is not really supposed to anyway. He is supposed to kill and be very very hard to kill which is still true. His synergy with some master are unchanged, he can still be used for activation control.

I don't think people should be so sad for him. For 14ss you also have the pigapult+2 stuffed piglets that can't strat and scheme either (and even more since they cant even interact, claim jump, and so on) and are just nowhere near in fighting power. I take this example because you can get 3 activations out of it as for ashes.

Just now, Aegnor said:

He still can kill ennemy model with shed blood and gather intel. Ashes is still a powerfull beater. So yeah he can't do strats and scheme very well but he is not really supposed to anyway. He is supposed to kill and be very very hard to kill which is still true. His synergy with some master are unchanged, he can still be used for activation control.

I don't think people should be so sad for him. For 14ss you also have the pigapult+2 stuffed piglets that can't strat and scheme either (and even more since they cant even interact, claim jump, and so on) and are just nowhere near in fighting power. I take this example because you can get 3 activations out of it as for ashes.

I didn`t say he is worthless. I do however expect him to be waaaay less popular in those strats. And I think he deserves to be dethroned for a while. He still will be seen in Supply Wagon and Symbols so I didn`t mean that in a  "Ashes got nerfed, its wrong" because I think its perfectly justified and makes single-list harder.

Pigapult example isn`t really relevant because you don`t see pigapult + 2 stuffed piglets often.

• Like 1

You don't see it often because it's almost pure garbage. I just took an example of 14ss of almost fighting only (no schemer) model with potential 3 activations.

Ashes is now niche in gg2018 but i think it's for good. I have a lot of outcast mates in my local meta (like everyone i play against as at least one outcast master) and i saw the same models so many times (unless in specific themed list like hamelin/daw) that it was boring ( trappers everygame, sue 80%, some rotations in big beaters but not so much)

1 minute ago, Aegnor said:

You don't see it often because it's almost pure garbage. I just took an example of 14ss of almost fighting only (no schemer) model with potential 3 activations.

Ashes is now niche in gg2018 but i think it's for good. I have a lot of outcast mates in my local meta (like everyone i play against as at least one outcast master) and i saw the same models so many times (unless in specific themed list like hamelin/daw) that it was boring ( trappers everygame, sue 80%, some rotations in big beaters but not so much)

Oh I agree. But that basically proves my point. The 1SS change didn`t do much to Ashes. The GG18 made it from a auto-pick to a niche-pick. Which I`m pretty ok with (as an Outcast player). He used to be most busted in Hamelin IMHO.

The Pigapult gave to me the most NPE experience in my playing game (no matter the game). 1st turn killed my 2 Trappers (and Francois killed Von Schill), in the decond turn it killed Strongarm and I quit. 

Not absolutely agree with the Stuffed nerf (somebody gave an excellent idea to fix them by giving a Ability that allows the opponent to pass an activation after you activated a Stuffed Piglet), but  then the pigapult should have another kind of nerf, since it was too powerfull and unavoidable. 

13 minutes ago, Zebo said:

The Pigapult gave to me the most NPE experience in my playing game (no matter the game). 1st turn killed my 2 Trappers (and Francois killed Von Schill), in the decond turn it killed Strongarm and I quit. 

How? With 3 shots killed both Trappers? And if Franc killed Schill it means you A - didn't have Shirt on the man, B - didn't use Schill and SS properly. Also Pigapult killing Armour +2 model (Strongarm) is at least weird (unless he was on his last wounds).

The first shot flipped  two severes. In one of the other cheated a moderate (still didn't kbow he couldn't) schill was previously suffered 3 wounds, (I think it was Ophelia) and Francois made me 10 in one attack (I prevented 1 with ss). In the second  turn Strongarm charged Ophelia and she run away and shoot him a little bit before the Pigapult finished him. The worst was the feeling of "you can run, but you can't hide" and the xtreme area of threat that means a Pigapult hiding behind cover. 

7 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Bring Hans with Scout the Field next time and laugh at Pigapult.

If Pigapult is in hard cover then what do you want to do about it?

You need to win init, have a moderate-high tome, git by 6 and have a severe for damage.

Also: How do you know you will play against pigapult?

1 minute ago, trikk said:

If Pigapult is in hard cover then what do you want to do about it?

You need to win init, have a moderate-high tome, git by 6 and have a severe for damage.

Take someone with I Pay Better nearby and get free-ish focus. With 36'' range you can easily stay out of the Pigapult's range while threaten her all the time. Tome you get from any Tome - use Reference to the Guide.

I showed it to my friends when I played Outcasts - hardly ever failed. Now if I know i play against Outcasts I never bring Pigapult to the table (I mean it was before Stuffed Piggies got what they got). You'll say it's card and SS intensive but it shuts opponent's play style nicely.