Apparent Guild Errata January

trikk

I`ll note that since there is no official statement by Wyrd this isn`t final!

Guild Guard 3SS
Captain Dashel 8SS
Samael Hopkins 8SS
The Judge 8SS
The Lone Marshal 7SS
Guild Lawyer 5SS
Witchling Handler 7SS
Pale Rider 10SS
Lead Lined Coat 1SS

This means no model cards in Lucius box are up-to-date :P

I think the biggest changes for me is LLC for 1SS (it has a good competition with Debt). Next up are Lawyers, Judge and Guild Guards. Dashel seems cool for 8 too. Samael and Handler are ok but I doubt they will see much more play. Pale Rider is still bad outside of McCabe.

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Rider lists and thematic Sonnia will be amazing if this is true!

I personally think the Handlers deserve the 7SS. I don`t think Sam`s issue is the cost. He is just.... so...........sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Rider lists as in Levi Rider lists? He can get Pale, Dead and Hooded for 30SS, Emissary changes into Mech and you have 40SS for 7 models :D

4 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

The guild going to 3SS is brilliant in my eyes. I took them when they were 4 so am more than happy I now have extra SS to spend in my favorite lists

From a competitive point of view, they were pretty bad. Now they will most likely see play but I don`t expect them to be spammable.

I´d say the guild guard cost reduction is pretty huge. You are getting 2 significant bodies capable of interacting that are def 6 and armor 1. They may have been crap at 4 a pop since 2 were definitely not worth 8 stones, but at a total cost of 6 stones per package, they are pretty annoying and ressilient flank objective grabbers. I mean, hounds are a bit better offensive and mobility wise, but a lot worse defensively and are only really used with McCabe since Luna lets them interact. Not saying they will set the world on fire, but it´s going to be a big deal once the dust settles I´d say.

1 minute ago, Razhem said:

I´d say the guild guard cost reduction is pretty huge. You are getting 2 significant bodies capable of interacting that are def 6 and armor 1. They may have been crap at 4 a pop since 2 were definitely not worth 8 stones, but at a total cost of 6 stones per package, they are pretty annoying and ressilient flank objective grabbers. I mean, hounds are a bit better offensive and mobility wise, but a lot worse defensively and are only really used with McCabe since Luna lets them interact. Not saying they will set the world on fire, but it´s going to be a big deal once the dust settles I´d say.

I used 3-4 hounds most of GG17 and I played 1 McCabe game whole year ;).

I agree that is a huge change but I doubt it will "break the system".

25 minutes ago, trikk said:

I used 3-4 hounds most of GG17 and I played 1 McCabe game whole year ;).

I agree that is a huge change but I doubt it will "break the system".

Now imagine that with them interacting! CRAZY!

Yeah, I don´t expect them to break the bank, but I would not be surprised at all if they become the premmier spam minion in guild since they bulk you up, are a niusance to kill for their cost, specially when together, and can do objectives. That´s a damn fine package.

6 minutes ago, Razhem said:

Not saying that the change is not good, but do also consider that the Guards have to stay very close together to actually benefit from the buff.

Can make for some inflexibility during the game.

7 minutes ago, Razhem said:

Yeah, I don´t expect them to break the bank, but I would not be surprised at all if they become the premmier spam minion in guild since they bulk you up, are a niusance to kill for their cost, specially when together, and can do objectives. That´s a damn fine package.

My dogs interacted quite often :P

Hounds need to be close to interact. Guards need to be closer to get the df buff. Both require proximity but for other things. Dogs are faster, GG are more survivable.

1 minute ago, Tris said:

As long as it`s not rare 1 or 2 I don`t think it will affect my plans, I´m not going to spam them^^

I was thinking something along Rare 4 but I think the spam list hype is kind of over and now you will see 2-3 guards more than 5-12

4 minutes ago, trikk said:

Add a Sergeant ;)

Hell, I'm more likely to add a rifleman.   Though I guess fixing  their lead feet and wp matters.

As to the rest, Sam seems like he should be more effective in 2018 gg since speed isn't as needed.

I am going to mess with the lawyer again, but I suspect there is no real improvement. 

Honestly the handler with a few stalkers just got interesting. 

I'm conflicted about lone marshal.  At the very least I have to stop pretending he doesn't exist.

Judge Sam and daschel becoming 8 stones creates a weird incentive to run lists that are all hench.  Especially with llc at 1. 

Llc has made made upgrade space very crowded.

Is it fair to assume that the exorcist, riflemen, and wastrel are just no longer to be made? Because they weren't used before all this happened.

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Hell, I'm more likely to add a rifleman.   Though I guess fixing  their lead feet and wp matters.

As to the rest, Sam seems like he should be more effective in 2018 gg since speed isn't as needed.

I am going to mess with the lawyer again, but I suspect there is no real improvement. 

Honestly the handler with a few stalkers just got interesting. 

I'm conflicted about lone marshal.  At the very least I have to stop pretending he doesn't exist.

Judge Sam and daschel becoming 8 stones creates a weird incentive to run lists that are all hench.  Especially with llc at 1. 

Llc has made made upgrade space very crowded.

Is it fair to assume that the exorcist, riflemen, and wastrel are just no longer to be made? Because they weren't used before all this happened.

My issue with Riflemen is that they need Dashel. Without him they are not worth it but with the Free Focus they are decent. Exorcists and Wastrels are beyond help.

Sam for me might see play with LLC and Debt. 10SS with some pushes from an Investigator or something might work.

Duo Handlers with 3 Stalkers are now 29 SS for Wk6 Cg8 Stalkers :P

Lone Marshal is pretty ok for 7. He`s good for Symbols and Ours as its hard to pin him down. I still think he should have moderate 4 on the gun and would be good.

‘Pleased, but not thrilled’ is a good baseline for what an errata aims for, I think. Other than lead lined coat, which just became viable. I’m almost considering it.

Things to try:

Lead lined coat cyborg Samael @ new cost, survivability test

Sub pair of guild guard for pair of hounds into Lucius, remove enemy schemes

How to form a forum list on mobile

How to stop auto correct for substituting CORRECTLY SPELLED words with more common words :angry:

Edited by Gnomezilla
  • Like 2

Guild Guards are amazing now. Looking forward to Guardsmen lists for Sonnia and Lady J. Cheap and powerfull. Allyson Dade/Dashel/Queeg Combo for the win!

10 activations on every master is not a dream anymore. Cant quite grasp the need to play McCabe now.

Judge is now very tempting. LLC is huge buff for Cyber Hoff. Nellie will also be glad. 3-4 Henchman lists will be pretty common.

Sam is still crap, and so is Pale Rider. I am not going to bother =\

Lawyer on the other hand is super nice for 5 ss. 6-6-5-6 with finish the job, pretty nice defensive ability and support to the crew? I expect to use one every other game. Why not? 

1 hour ago, Legislat said:

Guild Guards are amazing now. Looking forward to Guardsmen lists for Sonnia and Lady J. Cheap and powerfull. Allyson Dade/Dashel/Queeg Combo for the win!

10 activations on every master is not a dream anymore. Cant quite grasp the need to play McCabe now.

Judge is now very tempting. LLC is huge buff for Cyber Hoff. Nellie will also be glad. 3-4 Henchman lists will be pretty common.

Sam is still crap, and so is Pale Rider. I am not going to bother =\

Lawyer on the other hand is super nice for 5 ss. 6-6-5-6 with finish the job, pretty nice defensive ability and support to the crew? I expect to use one every other game. Why not? 

Sam is ok-ish. Definitely might see more play. Pale Rider is good with McCabe and then he gets outshined by Lone Marshal :P