Guild Summoning

Jesy Blue

Okay, so not counting McMourning, what are the things you can summon in The Guild?

There's Captain Dashel's once a turn Guild Guard, there's the Pathfinder's creation of a Clockwork Trap, and Sonnia can conditionally resummon her totem.

Are there any other minor Guild Summoning tricks?

9 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Okay, so not counting McMourning, what are the things you can summon in The Guild?

There's Captain Dashel's once a turn Guild Guard, there's the Pathfinder's creation of a Clockwork Trap, and Sonnia can conditionally resummon her totem.

Are there any other minor Guild Summoning tricks?

Guild McMourning can't summon

Witchling Handlers can summon Stalkers

I have found Sonnia summoning never to work. Either not close enough, not enough cards, not enough soul stones or no burning on a target when it is killed. To get it off you have to make sure the target has burning so if you don't have cards in hand you are burning a stone for a tome on the first attack. Then you are focusing for the second attack. Likely burning 2 cards to add to Ca actions and possibly another 2 to summon... ya ends up being a costly endeavor.

My mate runs mostly thematic Sonnia crews and he often summons with her. He always runs a queller so he gets a card when he stones for the tome. Usually the effigy as well so each kill she makes she gets one card back. You won't be summoning 5+ models per game but he uusually gets to summon something. He does a lot of just straight unfocused attacks, the likelyhood of weak on a single negative isn't as sure as Iused to think.

The new upgrade to her melee makes her ml auto add burning and since people usually try to tie her up in melee that might come in handy. Chain activation from the other new upgrade is also handy for making sure they don't remove it before something finishes it off.

20 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

I have found Sonnia summoning never to work. Either not close enough, not enough cards, not enough soul stones or no burning on a target when it is killed. To get it off you have to make sure the target has burning so if you don't have cards in hand you are burning a stone for a tome on the first attack. Then you are focusing for the second attack. Likely burning 2 cards to add to Ca actions and possibly another 2 to summon... ya ends up being a costly endeavor.

Its a play style issue. I know someone who often summoned 4+ witchlings a game  whilst winning them (often due to the 2 for 1 activation swaps that summoning a witchling stalker gave him).

If you want it to work you need to know what to target and when to target them. Just like Levis abomination summoning. Often you can let the model dies to something else during the turn, Sonnia doesn't need to kill it herself. It can even die to the burning condition in the end phase. 

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

My mate runs mostly thematic Sonnia crews and he often summons with her. He always runs a queller so he gets a card when he stones for the tome. Usually the effigy as well so each kill she makes she gets one card back. You won't be summoning 5+ models per game but he uusually gets to summon something. He does a lot of just straight unfocused attacks, the likelyhood of weak on a single negative isn't as sure as Iused to think.

The new upgrade to her melee makes her ml auto add burning and since people usually try to tie her up in melee that might come in handy. Chain activation from the other new upgrade is also handy for making sure they don't remove it before something finishes it off.

My last game I hit with my sword twice, then Frank chain activated in doing min 5.  That is a significant bit of damage, which could feed the summons train too.  I summoned a flame, but it literally hurt me more than it helped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McCabe summons Dismounted McCabe, technically speaking. A Domador can bring an abomination which can summon other abominations, or guild autopsies which can summon mindless zombies. Gupps can summon silurids. Hoffman can port in Steam Arachnids which summon Swarms. Basically most of the guild summons are actually ported in.

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Would you put handlers on the table now btw? I think they look really interesting at 7ss.

I did the other day with sonnia and liked it.   It has a synergy with reincarnate because the limitation and the bubble are the same size.  Her speed and higher def is nice in a crew that normally lacks that.

• Like 1

Never had much trouble summoning with Sonnia, Handler pops up “Burn Them, Burn Them All” then send burning Raptor shots from an Austringer.  Remembering that Stalkers also have Searing Mark and Hopkins can take Witch Hunt if you still think you do not have enough burning going on.

Never had an issue with taking Handlers at 8ss, always been worth every soulstone in my games but now at 7ss I am going to have a little more leeway.

• Like 1