Terrain for TOS

Ruzmazh

What kind of terrain did we need to play TOS?

Are there special rules for them? Fences, buildings, crates etc.?

Can Fireteams go in or on top of houses?

I want to build my TOS table and would like to know what i need so that my local gaming groupe can play when it is delivered.

39 minutes ago, Ruzmazh said:

What kind of terrain did we need to play TOS?

Are there special rules for them? Fences, buildings, crates etc.?

Can Fireteams go in or on top of houses?

I want to build my TOS table and would like to know what i need so that my local gaming groupe can play when it is delivered.

The last rule set we saw in the play test suggested about 25% coverage. 

Its similar to Malifaux in that you will assign traits to the terrain to say how it works in the game. And its these traits that are the rules. 

Traits are Blocking, Impassable, Difficult, Hazadous, elevated, Conceling. And can have High or low modifiers added (High will only affect Titans, Low will only affect non titans)

So Barricades/fences might be concealing (low).  Forests might be Difficult, Blocking.  Buildings might be Blocking and impassable, and so forth. 

Its a Unit game rather than individual game, so crates and other small things probably aren't needed. 

There is a box suggesting how to rule climbing on top of houses and entering houses, but it is in the special terrain rules, so not recommended for competitive play. But the elevated rule is there for things like raised platforms

Couple things to keep in mind:

- There's no split between hard and soft cover, the Concealing trait just gives cover

- The Low and High traits let you decide what affects what, so you could have power lines that are Hazardous [High] so it only bothers Titans

- There's no inch-by-inch height differentials, terrain just has Elevated which lets you see over non-Titans and Blocking [Low] terrain

- There are no specific rules for entering buildings, but you can probably houserule it if the buildings are big enough (like a city hall or something)

from a terrian standpoint you can utilize a lot of existing terrian at your shop, or even grab it from various manufacturers of fantasy and scifi games. 

you can also utilize 2d dimensional terrian very well. 

Terrian is exceedingly important in The Other Side but far less granular. Cover is especially meaningful as is difficult ground which you cant rush over without taking penetration flips.

barbed wire, dragons teeth,