Errata hopes and dreams?

PirateCaptain

The feel from podcasts and tournaments is that ressers are in a very good place right now, with a few being in a ridiculously good place. To whatever extent that influences where the game is going, I expect nothing but bad things for Resser errata.

Looking at them there doesn't seem to be much Ressers actually need.

What would be considered a "beater" in Ressers? Archie has something of that, but he's not easily healed which makes it hard to keep him on the table. I've taken him out in one turn with Candy and Hamelin.

Sybelle to get the belle trait and a line to say she can't benefit from her own aura. 

Hayreddin to get something, anything (a multistone upgrade even) that enables him to summon undead nephilim. Actually, fuck it, rewrite hayreddin to be a master and scrap reva. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mo11usq said:

Sybelle to get the belle trait and a line to say she can't benefit from her own aura. 

Hayreddin to get something, anything (a multistone upgrade even) that enables him to summon undead nephilim. Actually, fuck it, rewrite hayreddin to be a master and scrap reva. 

Undead Terror Tots and Young Nephilim?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or change her aura to say other friendly models. 

I'm hoping for an update to Nicodem to match the story, Like replace all his actions and abilities with: after deployment, place 4 corpse markers in base contact with Nicodem, gain a soulstone, then sacrifice Nicodem.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Durza said:

Or change her aura to say other friendly models. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm hoping for an update to Nicodem to match the story, Like replace all his actions and abilities with: after deployment, place 4 corpse markers in base contact with Nicodem, gain a soulstone, then sacrifice Nicodem.

I would love them to go hard and make Mortimer a master, and Nico an undead henchman... would be really cool

Tho, an upgrade for Nicodem which gives some starting benefit then sacrifices him, and makes Mortimer the new Leader for the crew, could be cool, fit the story and give the choice (as Nicodem liking people could just.. ignore the upgrade). And it could be viable all depending on how you balance it, for example, if the upgrade spawns 10 5SS minions, it would clearly be bonkers, however that means that a sensible number/ability can be created :)

2 hours ago, Da Git said:

None of these things for Nico are an Errata... They'd all be for the next book/edition. 

For the Errata, I wouldn't mind seeing something that makes the Gaki worth taking... They're such beautiful models! 

If Only I'd read this before I said the same thing...

I would say that I find both Gaki and Guild autopsy fine 4ss models. a pair of Gaki can destroy a lot of things. The only down side you have is that they are 4 ss models, so only limited survivability. 

11 hours ago, Da Git said:

For the Errata, I wouldn't mind seeing something that makes the Gaki worth taking... They're such beautiful models! 

Agreed. Just give them a Ml5 and take away the bonus when near a master and I'd be more likely to take them. Ml 4 just makes them sooo subpar now.

Incorporeal might be too much for their cost, but maybe unimpeded? 

• Thanks 1

Gaki aren't incorrectly costed. For what they do, their abilities and so on, they are pretty fairly costed. The problem is Malifaux only actually rewards a finite number of roles, and what Gaki do isn't valuable enough in the economics of actually translating SS into VP. More simply no one wants to pay Gaki to do what Gaki do.

They aren't great scheme runners.

They aren't great killers.

They aren't great support.

They aren't cheap enough for spam activations.

They are decent incidental summons.

So upping their melee isn't going to do anything because they still won't be good killers/support/scheme runners.

Make them able to eat opposing markers - scheme, scrap, corpse etc -

and the. They'd actually have something more useful to do.

• Like 6

True, but at Ml4 they can't even be used to threaten other scheme runners. Ml5 they might just have a chance to stop or slow down an event scheme runners. For their cost I think that's a decent use, but right now you have to keep them closer to your master, which means they can't scheme run or scheme block.

I wouldn't be opposed to eating scheme markers, but anything besides 1 at a time, which anyone can do for 1ap, would likely require upping their cost. Maybe giving them some small bonus if they eat a scheme marker (+1df, Defensive, armour+1) to make it more unique? 

The models are cool, but I'm hard pressed to put them on the table right now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freman said:

Also makes some of them easier to summon.

This!  I'm a very happy Kirai player (they were my summons of choice anyway!), not that she needed to get any stronger.  I do think they're much better at 7 for hiring purposes though.

Heyridden also dropped to 6.  This one I don't really like.  I would have much preferred he got a few extra wounds instead.  He's still too fragile for my liking.

I quite like the Dead Rider for 10ss too. He's rather one-dimensional, but he's a good comparison to Izamu, trading early durability for speed.