Sign in to follow this  
Kai

Round Five Voting - Information

The Snowpocalypse has finally ended, and you set your brushes down for the final time of Iron Painter 2017!    As always we want to thank those of you participating at every level.  This time the theme "Snowpocalypse" led to some very cool  works. We appreciate all the efforts put in by all over the course of the competition!  After you take a couple of deep breaths, make sure you go vote for this very last time!  Again you will only be voting on the bronze submissions.  Make sure to read this and the information below before you head over to the polls.  

A reminder that our gold and silver voting will be handled by our esteemed panel of judges.  If you want to take a look at the awesome entries though head on over to the galleries!

Gold: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/70-round-5-snowpocalypse-gold-finished/

5a4b8fd0688e9_RoundFiveGold.JPG.8924465898683b75f45b7eeaf2e6343a.JPG

Silver: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/71-round-5-snowpocalypse-silver-finished/

5a4b8fc86d454_RoundFiveSilver.thumb.JPG.f12d0ff1c8704a6fb363a9c5f199d759.JPG

Bronze: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/72-round-5-snowpocalypse-bronze-finished/

5a4b93c0227d6_RoundFiveBronzeRepairing.JPG.98de819c34d27246ddb1b3bc8fb5f8d0.JPG

For bronze the voting will be handled via the Round Five Voting - Poll.  There will be a link at the bottom of this post.  We have attached images for each entry, and all you have to do is choose your favorite out of EACH head to head pairing. Feel free to use the gallery link above to get a closer look at each of the submissions.  There was a single repairing due to a DNF.  Dlenok is now paired against Jason13.  

You can also check out those who were eliminated, but continue to paint on here: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/73-round-5-snowpocalypse-eliminated/

Below is a list of DNFs/Drops for this round.  If you feel you are incorrectly on this list PM me.

SevenThirtySeven

If you made it to this point, that means you are ready to vote!  Head on over to the polls: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/133613-round-five-voting-poll/

• Like 3

And with that, another year of Iron Painter is in the books! Lots of really great entries over the past couple of months!

• Like 2

Congratulations to everyone who entered. Eliminated or not! There's been some outstanding entries, tough competion and even tougher themes this year!

@argailwall seeing as you've done the numbers fancy attempting to calculate the odds of the raffle draw too? If  the 9 bronze winners get 5 entries and everyone who completed enough elim entries get one, but the gold and silver winners aren't entered... what's the likelihood of actually winning the raffle? The maths is beyond my tiny mind

9 winners from Bronze  = 45 Raffle Tickets. Plus 36 Eliminated painters who finished all 5 Rounds is 81 tickets. Then add in the Eliminated from Bronze in Rd 5 and we have 90 total raffle tickets. Taken over the course of 10 raffle drawings each single ticket has an 11.71% chance of winning. So everyone who survived in Bronze has a 58.55% chance of winning the Raffle while everyone who was Eliminated but finished all 5 Rounds has a 11.71% chance.

It's been an honor to compete alongside you all. I've been extremely impressed by your work. 

Live Long and, May the Odds Be, Ever in Your Favor. So Say We All.

• Like 4

Edited the numbers, had a small mistake on the eliminated , thats 36 (counting also the one from @Philosfr which is not showing)

That totals 530 projects for the whole competition, and with a quick average(minis per project) thats more than 1000 minis painted for Iron Painter 2017! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

9 winners from Bronze  = 45 Raffle Tickets. Plus 36 Eliminated painters who finished all 5 Rounds is 81 tickets. Then add in the Eliminated from Bronze in Rd 5 and we have 90 total raffle tickets. Taken over the course of 10 raffle drawings each single ticket has an 11.71% chance of winning. So everyone who survived in Bronze has a 58.55% chance of winning the Raffle while everyone who was Eliminated but finished all 5 Rounds has a 11.71% chance.

It's been an honor to compete alongside you all. I've been extremely impressed by your work. 

Live Long and, May the Odds Be, Ever in Your Favor. So Say We All.

Also after every draw, if it was one of the bronze winners i guess the 4 left tickets of the same are not going to be drawn again so the other ones get an increased chance,

e.g.

1st draw 90 tickets, if its a bronze winner this means

2nd draw 85 tickets etc

2 hours ago, argailwall said:

Also after every draw, if it was one of the bronze winners i guess the 4 left tickets of the same are not going to be drawn again so the other ones get an increased chance,

e.g.

2nd draw 85 tickets etc

Good point. I did not account for that.

5 hours ago, argailwall said:

e.g.

2nd draw 85 tickets etc

So this  twist takes the calculation a bit outside of my grasp of probability but roughly speaking I think a single ticket now has a 14.77% chance of winning over the 10 draws. 

in all likelihood the extra 4 tickets of bronze winner already drawn will stay in the hat but if drawn will be redrawn.

Also, we know that anyone who wins a prize from outside the raffle cannot win a raffle prize, but that does not necessarily mean that the Gold and Silver winners names wont be put into the hat to skew the figures ;-)

1 hour ago, Phosphexborn said:

@sycorax you choose my last work as an avatar? I 'm really pleased =)

Not intentionally! Sorry I hadn't noticed! It's quite possible that whilst trawling the gallerys I clicked the button that does that. I wouldnt use someone else's work as an avatar without permission unless I found it on google. Which in this case I very much did not. My apologies. 

That said. I do absolutely love your entry as I said in the comment I left on it. Fantastic job!

Changing it back now

Wow... My first iron painter, I didn't expect to place anywhere... And when I got silver I expected (and received) a quick slope to the 'participant' pool, but it was great fun and was extremely humbling (I thought the time frames were going to be easy...)

bring on iron painter 2018!!

21 hours ago, sycorax said:

Not intentionally! Sorry I hadn't noticed! It's quite possible that whilst trawling the gallerys I clicked the button that does that. I wouldnt use someone else's work as an avatar without permission unless I found it on google. Which in this case I very much did not. My apologies. 

That said. I do absolutely love your entry as I said in the comment I left on it. Fantastic job!

Changing it back now

I didn't know about such a possibility ( to put an avatar). I was really pleased about such a thing ;)

12 hours ago, Mr Lucky said:

Wow... My first iron painter, I didn't expect to place anywhere...

bring on iron painter 2018!!

It was my first too. I found lots of inspiration from the higher categories but unfortunately not enough time. Gave me a good idea how to plan things for next year though!

• Like 1

First Iron Painter also,you can view/read my progress on a post i did sometime ago, updated with most recent Iron Painter round

my first too

what did I learn? 

-how to plan ahead -resin water needs time to cure, some elements are very important to be done ahead of others. Time is limited and planning is critical

-how to wake up before work starts -as it will give me time to sculpt something with greenstuff and then greenstuff will cure and I will sculpt or paint something else

-how to use resources in hands and do not rely on online stores

-how to accommodate Iron Pinter to things in life -trips, work etc

• Like 4