Weapon skill number

iamthefly

This is a really basic question, but I've spent an hour looking through the book and can't find it. 

Why does a weapon like a  Collier Naval Pistol have a skill number in the table on p234? What does that number mean and where, oh where, is that explained in the book? 

At a guess I'd say it's the minimum grace (or associated skill) value  a character needs to have in order to use the weapon? 

Also why is there an "av" field in the Attacks on the character sheet? 

This book has a rediulously sparce index which is a trademark of Wyrd. 

Thanks. 

I believe the skill column is for crafting and modification, every weapon should have one unless it's  rare. There's a bit on crafting at the start of the equipment section and also in Into the Steam.

The A/V box is there for quick reference, drop in the value of the weapon type your using so you don't need to search your skills every attack. 

On 26/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, Didor said:

I believe the skill column is for crafting and modification, every weapon should have one unless it's  rare. There's a bit on crafting at the start of the equipment section and also in Into the Steam.

The A/V box is there for quick reference, drop in the value of the weapon type your using so you don't need to search your skills every attack. 

Thanks 

May you have an awesome 2018.