Wave 6 wishlist

Cedar

Since it's Christmas, and New Year is coming, I think it's good time for making wishes about future book. So i have one question - what are your wishes for Wave 6 Malifaux book?

I'd like to see return of vignettes - I think it was nice way of telling a short story for each master in Ripples of Fate, and it was sad that vignettes didn't appear in Broken Promises. Speaking of models -  few characters/monsters from TTB implemented in the game (like Gloom Crows or Gudgeons) would be nice, same as new general totems and general upgrades for each faction. 

• Like 2

Gloom Crows are Neverborn Woe-birds, who have Misery Ability and, like Coppelius, like to eat eyes of their victims. Gudgeons are undead creatures, who, when killed, tun into Abominations. Plus they can use normal weapons and entropy magic (similar to Leveticus). 

Also - Corpse Slime (slimy creature who eat corpses insides and then animate them to walk towards next victim) could be funny addition for Ressers.

• Like 2

You will crucify me for saying this but i hope we won’t get too many new models in 2018. We already have so many of them it is hard to remember anything and not to mention too many models are between medicre and weak spot in competitive games so i wouldnt mind to see these models being re-done/updated rather than see more medicre models. 

Now you can start bashing me ;)

• Like 6

Why not revisit the henchmen and their named upgrades, as was done for the masters in the last book? Some can be left alone but many could use a re-costed, tweaked, or entirely re-written upgrade. Plus there’s a chance to rewrite a few to catch up with the current fluff...

I want a few models too, but this would be content without bloat.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2017 at 11:55 PM, wizuriel said:

My money is on book 6 just having starter set models.

Tt vs ressers (Yan-lo vs anyone friends of Nico)

Arcanist vs Gremlins (process of elimination, though the rumored name sounds Brewmaster)

yes, new starter set models would be great.

also hoping for a new campaign setting.

I saw someone else suggest alternate totems for Masters. I'd love that in addition to rebalancing of the initial round of totems. Seems like it'd add content, but the Master restriction would let them get creative without worrying about how it'd play under every Master in the faction. It'd also add some breadth while (I think) avoiding the increasing glut that is generally available models.

• Like 1

I'd like to see all existing Neverborn types get something, though Nephilim don't need anything. Specifically:

Woe - Gloom Crow. Give them Misery and something to screw with schemes like Chatty.

Fae - Some kind of standard Fae. Kinda like a Katanaka sniper - Ml attack, bow that does conditions rather than damage.

Swampfiend - Please give us the Bunyip from ITB.

Wyrd needs to both sell new models and protect game integrity from faction bloat. One way to achieve this might be a new faction with limited crossover models plus new alt models for existing models.

Though with limited crossover I think they would need to knock both the game design and the model art out of the park for the new faction.

I figured it was time for an M3E release in 2018, but with The Other Side coming out in March I expect Wyrd will probably want to wait at least another year to give their new system some breathing space. With that out of the way, here's what I'd like to see;

- Location rules, for stuff like fighting in the Bayou, the sewers, maybe even on Earth! This used to be a thing in M1E and it's also seen action in the M2E campaign rules a few waves back. So something that's not campaign-specific to spice up both competitive and casual games would be neat to see, IMO. 

- Balanced, "competitive" Avatar rules. If I'm being honest I doubt this will happen - Wyrd clearly tried to get Avatar rules right but the best they've managed over two editions are campaign-specific (ie. non-tournament) upgrades. Maybe a fresh approach on Avatars could bring them back with a vengeance, but I'm pretty sure this will remain a pipe-dream. ;)

- Models with rules for both Malifaux and The Other Side. I don't care what they do or what they are, whether they're limited edition or not, I want me some crossover models!

- More ways to play existing Masters/Factions. Wyrd already did this with Broken Promises/Wave 5, both with the Master upgrades and new models. I expect that to continue in some fashion with Wave 6, probably not with more Master upgrades, but certainly with models. 

- A cheap Crossroads Seven minion. Playing a full CR7 crew definitely has its issues (big, gaping issues you can drive a truck through ;) ), and yeah, the fact that Wrath can lead a 50SS crew was likely more of a fun afterthought than a serious design brief. But in the games I've played they've still been alot of fun to mess with. Especially when you're one of the more experienced players in your area and don't mind the handicap! While I don't ever expect Wrath and the Crossroads Seven to be equal to any other Master at 50SS, I'd nonetheless love to see some extra options for Wrath's weird little crew.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rathnard said:

- Location rules, for stuff like fighting in the Bayou, the sewers, maybe even on Earth! This used to be a thing in M1E and it's also seen action in the M2E campaign rules a few waves back. So something that's not campaign-specific to spice up both competitive and casual games would be neat to see, IMO. 

- Balanced, "competitive" Avatar rules. If I'm being honest I doubt this will happen - Wyrd clearly tried to get Avatar rules right but the best they've managed over two editions are campaign-specific (ie. non-tournament) upgrades. Maybe a fresh approach on Avatars could bring them back with a vengeance, but I'm pretty sure this will remain a pipe-dream. ;)

I would love to see these.

Really miss the Avatars, even if they were a bit wonky. I think the Privateer Press Model (Epic Masters rather than upgrading to them) might be the best way to re-attack that concept. The models were really cool but the limited return on investment (especially in 1st edition) was a huge negative.

Aside from the Location Rules I would like to see more emphasis on the story encounters version of the game, particularly if it allowed a return to the Asymmetric strategies from 1st edition. These were so much fun to play (yes I know the Scheme selection had some issues but those could have been solved). Given they are a non-competitive option it would take minimal effort to re-introduce these.

And while I am thinking about it...would love to see the Bad Thing Happens App offer Story Encounters as an option for the encounter generator.

• Like 2