Play against Dreamer

Mephet'ran

Hello!

I have a question about tactics, that can I use in play against The Dreamer. I have Marcus, Kaeris and Colette. Which one can I take against The Dreamer? He have next roster: Dreamer, Teddy x2, Daydreams x3, Widow Weaver and Insidious Madness. Upgrades are different between different games. I have a big problems with two Teddies. But when he summon Chompi - I have a terrible troubles... Teddies hold my models. Or just kill them...

I'm newer and played not so much games. And maybe I don't understand some subtlety in game. Can you help me?

Each of your masters can beat the dreamer, so you should play the one you think is going to get you VPs. 

Teddies are one of those models that they either are huge issues, or they die really fast. When you decide to attack one, make sure you can kill it before it activates again (becasue it can heal upto 5 between the dreamer and Regen) Probably one of the easiest ways is Marcus with the bonus damage upgrade, as he has weak damage 4, so 3 hits on weak kill teddy. you probably don't need to save cards to hit, but holding 1 or 2 good cards  to pass the terror and then make sure that an attack hits should eb plenty. But most hitters can do that sort of thing. A cerberus has a pretty good chance of killing Teddy in 1 activation as well (mid level tomes will probably allow you to get Maul). If there are several wp debuffs near a teddy you can use things like Marcus's howl to boost beast wp, or I like to target Teddy with a (0) action from outside of the penalties where I can cheat to pass with a lower card. But I don't risk like to attack Teddy unless I know I have the hand to pass the terror. 

I largely try and ignore Chompy. Killing him does nothing for you, he can just come back again, and it won't earn you any points, so where possible just avoid him. Try and make sure that they don't tie up too many of your models with him, so if you think he is going to come out, spread out. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adran said:

I largely try and ignore Chompy. Killing him does nothing for you, he can just come back again, and it won't earn you any points, so where possible just avoid him. Try and make sure that they don't tie up too many of your models with him, so if you think he is going to come out, spread out. 

But how can I avoid Chompy engage? In fact, Chompy may come in range 20" (7 Wk x2 of The Dreamer and 6 Cg of Chompy) + his 3" engagement range... And Marcus love, when his beasts near him. It's mean that Chompy can engage several models. And it's sad. In last game I had 3 models near Chompy and Insidious Madness with one Teddy could easy make any schemes...

1 minute ago, Mephet'ran said:

But how can I avoid Chompy engage? In fact, Chompy may come in range 20" (7 Wk x2 of The Dreamer and 6 Cg of Chompy) + his 3" engagement range... And Marcus love, when his beasts near him. It's mean that Chompy can engage several models. And it's sad. In last game I had 3 models near Chompy and Insidious Madness with one Teddy could easy make any schemes...

You have to acknowledge you can't stop him entirely. But using models to engage Dreamer can help stop the walk, and you don't need too many models to close together. Pushes can be used to disengage, as can Marcus' law of meat action. 

25 minutes ago, Adran said:

You have to acknowledge you can't stop him entirely. But using models to engage Dreamer can help stop the walk, and you don't need too many models to close together. Pushes can be used to disengage, as can Marcus' law of meat action.

Thank you! I will try

20 minutes ago, Mephet'ran said:

With Kaeris, I guess? I don't see, how can I use they with Marcus. Maybe with Colette...

You could run them with any of the masters if you want. It depends on what you want to do. Marcus is the most academic of the masters if you're looking for theme.(possibly even more so than Sandeep. He is a University Professor.)

Personally I don't find the incorporeal a problem, but if it is, then they are a solution. If you do decide you want to buy them I would suggest buying them in the Ironsides box rather than their individual box. 

Mages definitely really mess up Dreamer's plan. Sending models back, giving them slow + casts to ignore incorporeal and a really solid WP buff with any M&SU henchmen to avoid terror checks. Amina might be a thing to. She can put a debuff on a teddy that makes it not able to attack your models. 

• Like 2