Video Battle Report: GG2018 50SS Pandora Vs. Ironsides

meows0r

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

Guys u cant push on terrain. Once your base hits terrain u stop. 

I'm not sure which push you are talking about but that's only true for terrain that is defined as Impassable. Anything else and you can push right through it. Pushes are often the best way to get models through severe terrain since the distance moved isn't halved.

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

And its quite weird to take Miners and Captain ... As for me both are pretty useless models... 

Rail workers are great if you need models that can take a few hits and deal decent damage but don't require much mobility. Knocking down a 4 damage hit to 1 if you hit the tome trigger is nice. It may take 3 AP or more from a beater to take them off the table. That's not bad for a 5 soulstone model. Being able to give themselves :+fate flips on attack and damage flips can let them get some work done with their melee attacks. Defending symbols seem to be exactly the situation where they work best.

As for the Captain, I know that the Internet hates him and he's not very efficient for his points but his push ability is great. It's probably the best push in the faction. It doesn't do damage, it can push any direction, and it doesn't have limits on who can be targetted. His relic hammer is also great for defending objectives. If he was a bit cheaper or more durable I suspect that you'd see him much more often.   

• Thanks 1

Guys, that table looks great. It looks like an actual place that crews might be fighting over, seems to have the about the right density of terrain, and doesn't look like a pain in the ass to play on like some beautiful tables do. I am curious that if the way you define that water tower  (and your other taller terrain) would allow a model on it to have LoS to the entire board.

Thanks for the video. I think you did a good job of presenting the match so that someone not too familiar with the game could follow along with what was happening.

• Thanks 1