Whiskey golem gaining many reactivates?

Lokibri

Hello guys,

i read something about a 10T Brewmaster player, who tried to give reactivate to whiskey golem as often as possible each round.

I just can`t remember it completely, but i think it had a terracotta warrior and charm warder?

Maybe there is someone in this forum, that can explain it to me :).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Amayasu said:

The Tanuki can reactivate the Whiskey Golem once it has Poison 3+ using it's Magic Elixir ability.

You can only reactivate a model once per turn; that's baked into Reactivate.

Jeah, i know that you can only reactivate once :). But thanks for the information.

:D

I recently played a game vs Levi with Brewie, Wesley, the Whiskey Golem,  4 Tanukies and 3 Fermented River Monks (Interference).

The monks clumped turn 1, Wesley put a scheme marker touching all 3 monks and they all got 4 poison on activating by the tanuki auras. The first monk walked, and placed a scheme marker, the others just walked in base contact with it again and all monks removed their 4 poison for reactivate. On their second activation they got 4 poison again from the auras and double walked, rdy to reactivate next turn again. 

Brewie gave the whiskey golem some poison and a tanuki reactivated the whiskey golem. And because I had a Ram left, I poisoned a tanuki and reactivated him aswell. 

Then the whiskey golem walked 3 times, reactivated and charged a Midnight stalker (outactivated) and killed it and walked backwards behind cover.

10 standard activations, 3 Monk reactivates, 1 Whiskey Golem reactivate and 1 Tanuki reactivate =D

In turn 2 the monks had reactivate aswell and I managed to reactivate the Golem again, but didnt have any other rams for tanukies.

And btw tanukies are really really fun in interference =D

• Like 3

On 12/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, I'm a Teapot! said:

I recently played a game vs Levi with Brewie, Wesley, the Whiskey Golem,  4 Tanukies and 3 Fermented River Monks (Interference).

The monks clumped turn 1, Wesley put a scheme marker touching all 3 monks and they all got 4 poison on activating by the tanuki auras. The first monk walked, and placed a scheme marker, the others just walked in base contact with it again and all monks removed their 4 poison for reactivate. On their second activation they got 4 poison again from the auras and double walked, rdy to reactivate next turn again. 

Brewie gave the whiskey golem some poison and a tanuki reactivated the whiskey golem. And because I had a Ram left, I poisoned a tanuki and reactivated him aswell. 

Then the whiskey golem walked 3 times, reactivated and charged a Midnight stalker (outactivated) and killed it and walked backwards behind cover.

10 standard activations, 3 Monk reactivates, 1 Whiskey Golem reactivate and 1 Tanuki reactivate =D

In turn 2 the monks had reactivate aswell and I managed to reactivate the Golem again, but didnt have any other rams for tanukies.

And btw tanukies are really really fun in interference =D

Your list seems awesome, but I got a question: have you felt safe with this build? 'Cause from what I'm counting, you had just Running Tab as Upgrade on Brewmaster and 3 SS as a cache.

I've had the whiskey golem protected by swilling the right targets and my crew spread out and tried to hide until I had the advantage from Interference and the schemes. I Think brewie obeyed something to kill him on low wounds later on, while he was near wesley. Overall it felt more risky, but for Interference is worked.

The Whiskey Golem was a huge deal, because him being so fast and with reactivate, I managed to reach the Waifs pretty easily and therefore limited Levi a lot.
The Monks arent that great in combat, but against scheme runners they do alright. Reactivate tho is really nice for mobility and scheming.

27 minutes ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

I've had the whiskey golem protected by swilling the right targets and my crew spread out and tried to hide until I had the advantage from Interference and the schemes. I Think brewie obeyed something to kill him on low wounds later on, while he was near wesley. Overall it felt more risky, but for Interference is worked.

The Whiskey Golem was a huge deal, because him being so fast and with reactivate, I managed to reach the Waifs pretty easily and therefore limited Levi a lot.
The Monks arent that great in combat, but against scheme runners they do alright. Reactivate tho is really nice for mobility and scheming.

Thanks mate! I will try it myself, maybe carving the points for some SS or upgrades, but it's definitely interesting!

1 hour ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

I've tried 3 tanukis, but then you miss out on 1 poison for the monks and they have to use their own ap to drink near brewie. This makes the setup harder and u lose a lot of ap.

Agreed. I was looking at fitting in an Akaname and shooting the Monks but the 4 Tanuki make the reactivate guaranteed for 2 AP (1 AP to drop a scheme marker for turn 1 reactivate. 1 AP to drop a second marker to set up Reactivate for Turn 2)

I think for TT only crew you can replace the Golem for a Dawn Serpent, it can't reactivate but you don't have to pay the silly 2 ss Running Tab tax. You can add Barkeep to get Wesley in the crew.

2 hours ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

I've tried 3 tanukis, but then you miss out on 1 poison for the monks and they have to use their own ap to drink near brewie. This makes the setup harder and u lose a lot of ap.

36 minutes ago, Kogan Style said:

Agreed. I was looking at fitting in an Akaname and shooting the Monks but the 4 Tanuki make the reactivate guaranteed for 2 AP (1 AP to drop a scheme marker for turn 1 reactivate. 1 AP to drop a second marker to set up Reactivate for Turn 2)

I think for TT only crew you can replace the Golem for a Dawn Serpent, it can't reactivate but you don't have to pay the silly 2 ss Running Tab tax. You can add Barkeep to get Wesley in the crew.

That's what I don't like of Brewmaster. I find awful that none of the models in his box is Double-Factions, and you can't even take his personal Totem (the one who keeps him alive, to be precise) without paying a tax of 2 points. I'd like to buy him, but he's a big investment in models I won't use, especially since I own only McCabe and Shenlong for TT (maybe the latter can play a bit with Tri-Chi models, trying to build him with the Poison mechanic).

Do you find it will be difficult playing with just 2 Monks? So you can free space for a pair of Upgrades and 2/3 SS.

• Like 1