New Image

retnab

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

Guild already have a starter, why give them another one?

Well, this would be for the Guild faction in The Other Side, rather than Malifaux. Court of Two and The Guild serve the role of Mercenaries in The Other Side, with one for the world-of-Malifaux factions (CoT) and one for the Earth factions (Guild), so it would make sense to have merc vs merc that can easily go into more factions.

Much like how all the dudes in the Malifaux starter of Guild vs NB are all mercs so people can play them in other factions as they expand.

• Like 2

Oh, they can. I want to say they were originally pure mercs but then things changed so they could eventually be played as their own faction as well once they get enough models, but I can't find the authoritative statement on that, so I'll wait for someone to confirm or tell me I'm dead wrong. At the very least you'll see Guild popping up in Abyssinia and King's Empire armies as for-hire muscle.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/tos-guild

9 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

Oh, they can. I want to say they were originally pure mercs but then things changed so they could eventually be played as their own faction as well once they get enough models, but I can't find the authoritative statement on that, so I'll wait for someone to confirm or tell me I'm dead wrong. At the very least you'll see Guild popping up in Abyssinia and King's Empire armies as for-hire muscle.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/tos-guild

You aren't wrong, the update is in the below link. Can't wait for GUILD!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9/posts/1877839

Edited by Fexxo
Correcting first sentence to say link below instead of here.

A couple more things that occurred to me:
First, it looks a little light on model count for TOS. Maybe one unit and two champions? The big guy at the back looks too small to be a titan, but maybe he's just a second champion or special type of single model unit. Could there be more models not shown yet? Then again, the Malifaux starter set is only 4 models per side, so I suppose there is precedence for the starter set to be much smaller than needed for a full game.

Second, is that Kirai? May just be coincidence, but their is certainly a pretty strong resemblance to how she has been drawn/described, and the association with spirits. First Malifaux / TOS crossover model?

Makes me wonder who the Guild champion could be... Sonnia/Lady J/Ortegas all seem to be very Malifaux focussed, and I don't see McMourning or Nellie leading large numbers of troops. So Lucius (he *is* the most associated with the guild "army" - guards and the like), Hoffman (possible if it's largely constructs) or McCabe?

24 minutes ago, Adran said:

Who knows, the other half could be the sandmen. but this is certainly the cult of the 2 player starter...

That's also possible, and would provide a nice synergy with Kirai and her Ikiryo (the big one in the background?) as champions on one side, vs Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits as champions on the other. Would be a good excuse to release the new "grown up" Dreamer model too. Hmmm...

The problem with Sandmen is that they mentioned they wouldn't be released anytime soon. Where as these guys are already far into being brought to life along side The Guild. Also due to what they said in the update The Guild is next to be shown, next week. So that is more likely the second part of the 2 player set.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9/posts/2068796

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fexxo said:

The problem with Sandmen is that they mentioned they wouldn't be released anytime soon. Where as these guys are already far into being brought to life along side The Guild. Also due to what they said in the update The Guild is next to be shown, next week. So that is more likely the second part of the 2 player set.

Yeah, I agree it's much more likely. Guess we'll find out next week! The hype is getting real - this game can't release soon enough for me.

:)

9 minutes ago, gribble said:

Yeah, I agree it's much more likely. Guess we'll find out next week! The hype is getting real - this game can't release soon enough for me.

:)

Tell me about it :D. Everyday I check for updates, even though realistically it's Friday and Mondays. But this game looks amazing!

My guess based on that image is that the each side will feature 1 commander, 1 nine-person unit, and 1 champion for a total of 22 miniatures and a retail price of ~$100.

I was thinking that the 2-player stater set will have the non-limited sculpt of Binh and Thrace as their commanders.

33 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

IIRC those are just limited sculpts, not limited units. And while they're Champions, they're not Commanders. So they can't be the leaders.

My bad, you are right. For some reason I thought Thrace and Binh were commanders in their syndicates

• 1 year later...