Sign in to follow this  
Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Five Announcement

Submitted my entry into the Eliminated category. It's been freeing to be Eliminated and able to be more chill with my entries the past 2 Rounds. To be honest I found that I missed the competition I enjoyed through the 3rd Round though. 

Anyway it feels nice to have finished what I started and once it all wraps up I plan on writing a retrospective on the experience.

On 12/26/2017 at 6:38 PM, Whirler said:

And yay that now the latest post is not one wishing that I die a slow agonizing death... :P

Sorry, it is because I am playin Sexy Brutale- murder puzzle game:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neveroddoreven said:

This is the second round I've had the flu now. If it wasn't for the extra week I'd be screwed. Must think strong thoughts, there's time to collapse next week.

Sounds like everyone is struggling to get over the finishing line. Hardly surprising when I look back at how long and intense the competition has been. 

One last push and then we’re done! The end is in sight for my model. Just a bit of air brushing, playing with ice effects and touching up to do. So I should be finished in about 3 weeks given my current pace ;-)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Octavus said:

I am glad that just flu, nor Gillian Barre or encephalitis :ranged:angry:

[looking up symptoms online...]

That's just great. Now I have Gillian Barre and encephalitis too.

I'm a nurse. I got the Flu shot free from work.  First year it didn't make me sick the day after. I tested Positive for Influenza A yesterday.  They are saying its only 10% effective in our area this year.  I think they gave me saline :D I did get my eliminated entry in.  Stop using it as an excuse slackers!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, easily_mused said:

That was on sale for steam, Dont know if it still is.  Any good?

It is fantastic if you like Clue or Sherlock Holmes. Plus Groundhog Day

I got the symptoms of flu at the start of round 5 but realized, that I was sniffing too intensely on superglue. Seems I am getting very sensitive on that. I have to find an alternative for it :(.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I got the symptoms of flu at the start of round 5 but realized, that I was sniffing too intensely on superglue. Seems I am getting very sensitive on that. I have to find an alternative for it :(.

ready whip or sharpies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

sorry to hear that!
hope you're feeling better :)

13 minutes ago, Demonn Agram said:

sorry to hear that!
hope you're feeling better :)

Dont start hoping I won't finish ;). I am all right. Took me just 2 days.

If anyone has similar problems, try the gel version. It's less intense than the liquid one.

I work in theatre (entertainment theatre not the medical one) it's hot, cramped and there are thousands of people passing through every day. Colds and flu are rife. It mutates on a daily basis and, just when you recover from one bout, you get it back again in a different format. It's like a new Christmas gift every day :D

Tomorrow I have a whole 8 hours to get my entry finished or mostly finished. I'm psyched. Let's do it! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, icatsai said:

I work in theatre (entertainment theatre not the medical one) it's hot, cramped and there are thousands of people passing through every day. Colds and flu are rife. It mutates on a daily basis and, just when you recover from one bout, you get it back again in a different format. It's like a new Christmas gift every day :D

Tomorrow I have a whole 8 hours to get my entry finished or mostly finished. I'm psyched. Let's do it! 

Are you an actress!?

1 hour ago, Octavus said:

Are you an actress!?

No, strictly behind the scenes. I’m a lighting technician. I like wearing black 😀

Do they call theatre electricians "Squints" in your part of the world? I act and sing but I also help out with lights, sound, rigging and pyrotechnics.

1 hour ago, icatsai said:

No, strictly behind the scenes. I’m a lighting technician. I like wearing black 😀

but you can always drop that giant chandelier ;)

@Joe Cool I don't want you to not finish ;)
I hate being paired against DNFs :D:D:D

anyway, managed to get some time to make a WIP photo

large.WP_20171229_13_03_06_Pro.jpg.216e7

(yes, @glamage, I found my Wanderer and I'll see if I have more luck than you with it :D )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Do they call theatre electricians "Squints" in your part of the world? I act and sing but I also help out with lights, sound, rigging and pyrotechnics.

Not over here. We are "Lampies", "Sparks" or "JAFEs" (Just another f****** electrician). 

I had no idea so many of us were into miniature painting, not something easily done in the dark :D