Sign in to follow this  
Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Five Announcement

Round Five begins today!!

It's the final countdown!  Round five is our final round.  After this round finishes we will finally have an answer to the burning question we all have...who will win!?

Thank you again to our extremely talented judges, our wonderfully talented contestants, and our just plain wonderful community of voters!  Iron Painter can't be what it is without all of us working together.  Yet again we see some awesome feedback between painters, as well as encouragement and friendly competition.  These are part of what makes Iron Painter so special. 

Below you can find the Round Five theme and pairings.  A link to the round four results can be found at the bottom of this post.  But now it is time for the part you guys all REALLY care about, the theme!

Theme

Oh the weather outside is frightful!  In fact it's an almost apocalyptic cold!  With that in mind our theme for Round Five is Snowpocalypse!  

So for the last time in Iron Painter 2017, it's time to get painting!

Submissions

Round Five Gold:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/70-round-5-snowpocalypse-gold-finished/

Round Five Silver:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/71-round-5-snowpocalypse-silver-finished/

Round Five Bronze:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/72-round-5-snowpocalypse-bronze-finished/

Round Five Eliminated: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/73-round-5-snowpocalypse-eliminated/

Round Five WIP: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/69-round-5-snowpocalypse-wip/

Pairings

Gold

5a2e9844e2a2c_RoundFiveGold.JPG.14ab520396052e9a25dadd2ce8ed40b4.JPG

Silver

5a2e984a2f11b_RoundFiveSilver.thumb.JPG.cab24ed7189ed9f7a802427b1649cd66.JPG

Bronze

A note that currently Jason13 does not have a partner.  This may change based on DNF's in this or other tiers and as such will not receive an automatic win until the submissions have finished per the Cheat Fate, DNF and Easy Way Out rules.  

5a2e984dcb6ad_RoundFiveBronze.JPG.f745ecef5789dabf493d8f3511c71708.JPG

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts!  This round is extended due to the Holidays and will end at Midnight EST on January 1st.  There is a countdown to prevent confusion.

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a .jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Four Results: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/133299-iron-painter-2017-round-four-results/

Congratulations to @Octavus - a very well deserved victory, his piece was stunning.

I'm delighted to have lasted as long as I have in Gold and will enjoy painting my piece for Silver. The Iron Painter has been a great experience. 

Now to put my thinking cap on to produce something for this excellent theme.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, glamage said:

Congratulations to @Octavus - a very well deserved victory, his piece was stunning.

Thank you. You are strong opponent - I pushed myself as hard as I could !)

• Thanks 1

Congrats to everyone still standing and getting ready for the last round. 
It's been a tough competition from the beginning and a little part of me is glad it's drawing to a close but secretly I think I will miss it. 

Not got a clue for this round, I really, really want to keep it simple but I seem to be unable to stick to that.
I'm pretty daunted being up against @Hellogre but lets have some fun! 

Goos luck everybody!!

1 hour ago, Octavus said:

I am living in northern Maine. I can just dthros all my miniatures outside into piles of eternal snow

I had a similar thought @Octavus. I'm in "Winterpeg", Canada. The snow drifts are up to the top of my fence and we get snow here till March or April. ;)No need to mock up a diorama! LOL.

2 hours ago, Octavus said:

I am living in northern Maine. I can just dthros all my miniatures outside into piles of eternal snow

Hey, no fair! I live in southern Alabama, and this is what we got during the recent 2017 Snowpocalypse :D 

snow.jpg

So I hardly know what the stuff looks like. I suppose I will just do the best I can... ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, icatsai said:

Congrats to everyone still standing and getting ready for the last round. 
It's been a tough competition from the beginning and a little part of me is glad it's drawing to a close but secretly I think I will miss it. 

Not got a clue for this round, I really, really want to keep it simple but I seem to be unable to stick to that.
I'm pretty daunted being up against @Hellogre but lets have some fun! 

Goos luck everybody!!

@icatsai congatulations! Another round, another opponent from same Russia against you.:lol:

I admire your talent to externalize gorgeous ideas in reality! And little nervous about it actually.

So, let it snow, let it snow, let it  SNOWPOCALYPSE BEGINS!:blast

PS

I'm watching you through instagram...:huh:

6 minutes ago, Bozydar said:

Congratz @helldrad That was a tough fight till the last minute! 

Thanks buddy !

Sure It was :)...

I found it funny that it turns into a "big metal guy vs big metal guy " match ...Could be a theme for next year no ? "Metal on Metal" ?

2 hours ago, Hellogre said:

I'm watching you through instagram...:huh:

You are? Cool, thanks for the follow :D
I've been neglecting my IG recently, not had a lot of time. 
I think I follow you too... (not in a creepy or stalkery way though) 

I've been enjoying your work through the competition @Hellogre think this will be a close one. I just wish I could decide on what I should do. 
I really need to show that I can paint, most of my stuff has been so rushed. 
Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with :D