What are your go to models?

WWHSD

An frequent opponent of mine commented that it seems like I’ve always got the Arcane Effigy in my crew when we play. He’s was right, with few exceptions every crew I put on the table has the little fella on it. The Effigy is frequently the first model added to my crew after choosing a master.

I’m curious as to what models other Arcanist players find themselves reflexively adding to crews.

Effigies are a strong pick in all lists in all factions. 

For Arcanists I find Blessed of december is useful in so many situations. She can be a hard hitter, she takles a lot to kill if you can make use of eat your fill, and she can cover the board for scheme purposes really well. 

Without a doubt Effigy is a big staple. Its hard to overlook all he does for just 4 points. Johan makes it in to quite a few of my lists thanks to his M&SU synergy though he's not an an auto pick. Mages show up a lot these days. Anytime there are gonna be enemy scheme markers I put performers in for seduction. Its amazing

Arcane Effigy because it is cheap, durable for its points, a significant minion and has the frequently invaluable condition removal.

Malifaux Raptor even post nerf again they are cheap, super maneuverable and with good Df surprisingly hard to shift with a 40mm base.

December Acolyte because it is such good value for its points and still pretty cheap.

Those are the staples mainly because they are <6SS and great all-around models which do not need synergy in a particular crew while being good and inexpensive enough to feature without a specific master.

For the bigger hitters Howard Langston is a feature of several different master/crew builds.  Joss makes an awful lot of crews because he has multiple synergy bonuses, hits fairly hard and is durable for a reasonable SS cost.  Ox Mage triplet gets in here because I never take them unless its budget 3 and that makes them an effective 15SS 3 bodied monster, but when I take the triad I rarely regret it.

Johan/Johanna is a merc and +tax makes them a little costly but such useful abilities, some sweet synergy in multiple crew builds and can hit well above weight.

A lot of the other models will see constant or near constant table time with certain masters and occasional inclusion in other crews but across the many masters the ones above are the "I'll always think about it regardless of master" (or at least for most of the Arcanist masters - 5+ of the 8).

I think that the Union Steamfitter and Amina Naidu may get some regular field time but have not really had a good chance to bounce them around in my mind and crew builds yet enough to give them a "my go to" award.

Myranda with IE and shifting to Blessed or Cerberus would probably rate in many lists but I honestly hardly ever take it because I don't like that combo which for me still feels like a borderline exploit, although its well known and has survived recent errata's so that is more my personality than that its chronically OP/dirty.

Note a huge part of the choice depends on what Arcanist masters you love and regularly play, obviously with my favorites being Colette and Rasputina with Marcus and Ironsides getting a mention my 'love these models' is different from someone who plays a ton of Kaeris and Ramos.  

Carlos with his upgrade and because he can carry PP.  He has movement shenanigans, good damage, healing and tankiness, and can blow up Scheme markers.  So much in one model is amazing! 

Performers are also great.  A lure (albeit short range) with great triggers (like paralyze!) and a Ml 6 decent damage to give out poison.  Also, can blow up Scheme markers and give reactivate to a minion or showgirl if they die.  

Miss Fire, or Willy if you're so inclined.  Solid damage output for the point cost, and usually requires a disproportionate amount of effort to remove thanks to You Go Near Him and the blast markers on death.  Also, and this is kind of a weird one, but sometimes my opponent forgets she's a minion, which sometimes matters for schemes.