Spain champion 2017 Arcanist!!!

Fictor

Hi dudes, like I was promise, this is the report of the 2 of December tournament.

Was a great tournament with a few challenges for christmas, really nice organization and players.

In this case I will not say activation by activation because like I was say before my crews are so fast and the games goes quickly.

R1

Guard stash
Standar deploy

Claim jump
Eliminate the leader
Undercover
Mark for death
Hidden trap

Crews and Schemes

Arcanist

Ironsides - Cache:(5) 

• Union President 2ss
  • Veteran Fighter 1ss
  • Seize the Day 1ss

Carlos Vasquez 9ss

• Stunt Double 1ss
  • Imbued Protection 2ss

Cassandra 8ss

• Practiced Production 1ss
  • Imbued Protection 2ss

Myranda 8ss

• Imbued Energies 1ss

Performer 5ss
Performer 5ss
Mannequin 4ss

Hidden trap and Undecover o(Cassandra)

Outcast

Jack Daw - Cache:(2)

• Drowning Injustice 0ss
  • Firing Squad Injustice 0ss
  • Guillotine Injustice 0ss
  • Writhing Torment 2ss
  • Cursed Life 1ss

Montresor 9ss

• Brick By Brick 0ss
  • Fearful Whispers 1ss

Sue 8ss
Jaakuna Ubume 6ss

• The Creeping Terror 1ss

The Drowned 6ss
The Drowned 6ss
Nurse 5ss
The Guilty 5ss

Hidden trap and Undecover (Jack Daw)

Game

• T1 Carlos Take the center of the table and put one Pyre marker on 2 Drowned doing 4dmg on each, Performers and Cassandra do Siren call on Guilty to cross hazardous terrain and doing 4dmg, Myranda pulls on Cerberus, Jaakuna goes to the center and does dmg for hazardous terrain to Carlos and Cerberus, Ironsides cross the table and hit Jaakuna, she places engaged with 3 miniatures.
  • T2 Ironsides start and up Adrenaline to 4, kill 2 Drowned and hit nurse with his teleport, Jack Dawn goes to the center, and my Cerberus jump on him and kill him (my oponent dind't remenber tree heads for the :+fate and in my hand have 12:tome and 11:tome), in this point the game ends, Carlos resist on the center and the 2 Performers clean all enemy markers with his action and with Mannequin do hidden the trap easy, and Cassandra cross the table.

Thoughts

• I know the only miniature can kill Jack is the Cerberus, so must try to jump on him.
  • Carlos is an auto include to keep the center.
  • I think he must get more SS with Eliminate the leader on the game only 2 are so poor. I didn't lost any miniature.

Score

7 - 0

R2
Reckoning
Corner deploy

Claim jump
Frame for murder
Search the ruins
Recover evidence
Tail'em

Crews and Schemes

Arcanist

Marcus - Cache:(4)

• Seize the Day 1ss
  • The Trail of the Gods 1ss
  • Feral Instincts 1ss

Jackalope 2ss
Myranda 8ss

• Imbued Energies 1ss

Sabertooth Cerberus 9ss

• Imbued Energies 1ss

Guild Hound 3ss
Guild Hound 3ss
Dawn Serpent 10ss
Rougarou 8ss

Tail'em and Frame for Murder (Cerberus)

Ten Tunders

Mei Feng - Cache:(3)

• Hard Worker 1ss
  • Seismic Claws 1ss
  • Vapormancy 1ss

Ototo 10ss

• Recalled Training 1ss

Ama No Zako 9ss

• Recalled Training 1ss

Izamu The Armor 10ss

• Recalled Training 1ss

Katanaka Sniper 7ss
Katanaka Sniper 7ss

Frame for Murder (Ototo) and didn't know the other.

Game

• T1 He deploys each Katanaka on each corner and hit my Hounds, the rest of his crew walks, I spend 13 and 12 on my Hounds because I want keep him sovreactivated, Myranda double walks, pulls on Cerberus, jump and kill 1 Katanaka, Marcus does Alpha and :+fate on the other Cerberus, Cerberus double walk jump and charge the other Katanaka to let him on 1wd for the next turn to give me the point.
  • T2 Starts with :+fate to initiative and Cerberus kill the Katanaka, I keep activating minor miniatures, and at the end, Marcus, Rougarou, Serpent and Cerberus kills Mei and Ototo.
  • T3 The next turn was fast, starts and kills Izamu and Ama No Zako.

Thoughts

• Katanakas are the best TT miniature, I need something to kills him quickly.
  • Marcus hitting something with 4 atacks with 4dmg on minimun and :-fate:-fate on enemy defense is a beast and after him coming Cerberus with Accomplice. His crew are so small and I can sobreactivate him easy to hit when I want. I play really bad Frame for Murder on the Cerberus, must be a Hound and I could do 9 -3 

Score

6 - 3

R3

Squarter right
Flank deploy

Claim jump
Acussation
Quick murder
Cover Break
Hunting Party

Crews and Schemes

Arcanist

Rasputina - Cache:(3)

• Cold Nights 1ss
  • Armor of December 1ss

Wendigo 3ss
Carlos Vasquez 9ss

• Imbued Protection 2ss
  • Stunt Double 1ss

Myranda 8ss

• Imbued Energies 1ss

Arcane Emissary 10ss

• Elemental Conflux 0ss

Angelica 6ss

• Practiced Production 1ss

Ice Gamin 4ss

Cover Break and Hunting Party

Neverborn
Zoraida - Cache:(4)

• Powerful Control 2ss
  • Animal Shape 2ss
  • Hex Bag 1ss

Bad JuJu 8ss

• Eternal Fiend 2ss

Silurid 7ss
Silurid 7ss
Waldgeist 6ss
Waldgeist 6ss
Nurse 5ss
Will O' The Wisp 3ss

Quick Murder (Carlos) and didn't know the other.

Game

• T1, His two Silurid jumps, walk and take each corner marker, Raspi and the Wendigo block all center path with Ice Pillars, Myranda double walk and turn into Cerberus to kill one Silurid, Emissary double walk and use 0Ap to hit the other Silurid, with the vodoo kills Angelica, hitting the doll with Bad JuJu.
  • T2, Emissary kills Silurid and takes the marker, Cerberus take the marker and jumps to the center with Carlos,  He try to use Nurse to do paralysis on the doll linked with Carlos, but I was use Raspi to give him Frozen Heart before and he can't, I keep blocking the table with Pillars.
  • The rest of the game was so easy, I block all paths and with Raspi do paralysis on the Bad JuJu twice, and paralysis one Waldgeist for use Devour with the Wendigo.

Thoughts

• The table was Ice Cavern, and my enemy declare Neverborn, for me clear like water, he can't move with 4 Ice Pillars, in fact he can't cross the middle of the table in all the game, and with Ice Heart I'm inmune to horror and paralysis.
  • In this table Raspi is ridiculous, can block all paths, I use her like a real support, blocking, paralyze miniatures and giving armour on Carlos.

Score

6 - 0

Conclusions

• You must think when the enemy declares the faction properly.
  • Ironsides is better than other waves, but, his real function is entertain the enemy crew, with her teleport can place anywhere and auto trigger to heal with HtK and 14 wd was really nice.
  • Raspi is a monster on heavy terrain tables, and very good vs Neverborn.
  • Alpha Marcus list can cross the table and hit harder than hammer.
  • Carlos is the best Arcanist miniature, tank like hell and has so many tricks... love him.
  • Myranda + IE was the MVP of the tournament, 4 cards with mauler was impressive.
  • :+fate on initiative and sobreactivate the enemy was the most important things.
  • Start the turn in this game is really broken, I think the other player must draw 7 cards or get some benefit.
  • Don't care what people say, Nurse was played on each master can play her, probably the best miniature for 5ss.

The table counts so much in the last game, and the hazardous terrain on the first.

• Like 3

Congratulations on the result.Sounds .like you have a solid plan in each game and were able to implement it as well as deny the opponent. 

I was a little disappointed reading it, when you said "Myranda + IE was the MVP of the tournament, 4 cards with mauler was impressive", to then discover that you didn't ever use the slate ridge mauler.

I am assuming Sobreactive means "out activate".

I'm sticking with my view that going first is only critical if you make it critical. 

I am glad that you said that the table made a huge difference to games 1 and 3. I think thata dapting the plan to the table you play on is something that people just don;'t seem to do, and it can really make a huge difference as to what is good and isnt. 

Thx for the comments and really sorry for my bad bad baaaad english.

@Adran 'Mauler' must be 'Maul' trigger of Cerberus attacks, and yes for me the table was one of the most important things when build my crew

@Lord J I'm a little retard,I was take a lot of photos and at the end of tournament 'clean' my phone deleting all of this for accident... only keep one, R2 vs Mei same table R3, Ice Cavern, you can see the narrow paths, and why I think the game will be easy 13, 12, 11, 11, 11, BJ... :Dhand.thumb.jpg.701fe339f823982c349e4de494e15118.jpg

@Mrbedlam Nope, Mei player haven't had Vent up, for that he dies so quickly

• Like 1