Flicker questions (Asami)

Erik1978

Question

1. Wrath of the Oni ability: Friendly Oni can deal 1 damage to Asami to take the (2) Charge Action as a (1) Action. I assume this means you have to make that Charge right after damaging Asami? (And not: damage her, take a Wk action and THEN charge with your second AP.)
  2. From the Maw They Come: Minions are summoned with Flicker +1 and then all corpse and scrap markers are discarded to give a maximum of Flicker +3. Does this mean a model being summoned near 7 scrap markers will end on Flicker +4 because it has a build in +1 and can get another +3 from the scrap? Or does it end on Flicker +3?
  3. Borrowed Time Upgrade: Flicker +7 This condition doesn't have the same description, so this doesn't decrease and the end of the turn, I assume? The Flicker being spent for suits, is that 1 use pr action or could you lower the value by 2 and gain two suits for that action?

9 answers to this question

1) Correct, as you are no longer in range of Wrath of the Oni when you try to take the Charge action

2) I've always played it as Flicker +3 is max as stated, though I have no rules basis for this

3) Flicker always decreases at the end of the turn, and there is no limitation on how much flicker you can use to lower the action. The upgrade is still crazy good, but you have to be careful and give her flicker through other means, or not burn all your Flicker so she goes poof at the end of a turn

3) Why do you assume it DOES decrease like Flicker on summoned models, and that she can be sacrificed by going through it too fast? Wouldn't they mention that on the card if that was the case? I mean: They write the full condition effect multiple times on other cards to make sure people know it's the same one but nothing about decreasing or sacrificing is mentioned here.

1, you need to be in range of the ability when you taker the charge action. 

2 I believe the text of the ability says to increase the value of its flicker condition by the number of markers discarded  to a maximum of +3. So it can't be used to get above Flicker +3. 

3 Flicker as an ability always has the same rules. They don't always spell it out every time they write it, so if it is on an upgrade that can only go on a card that already has the condition rules, they may not spell it out again. I don't think dream of pain says what Waking does for example.

I Don't have the exact text to know if you can spend multiple for multiple suits, but my default guess would be its probably no unless it specifies 

5 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

3) Why do you assume it DOES decrease like Flicker on summoned models, and that she can be sacrificed by going through it too fast? Wouldn't they mention that on the card if that was the case? I mean: They write the full condition effect multiple times on other cards to make sure people know it's the same one but nothing about decreasing or sacrificing is mentioned here.

As Adran mentioned, named things are never different between models. Flicker is the same for everyone, and Flicker decreases. There are many many cases of this, where the ability name is used without the full text.

Ah okay, thanks. makes sense though it seems weird they didn't specify on a stand alone upgrade.

I would also think it was max Flicker +3 but the wording made me unsure.

Well for being summoned + eating the scrap at least, with the new upgrade Asami could give it more I suppose.

The suit thing says: "it may lower the value of its Flicker Condition by 1 to add a suit of its choice to final duel total."

1 hour ago, Erik1978 said:

Ah okay, thanks. makes sense though it seems weird they didn't specify on a stand alone upgrade.

Well for being summoned + eating the scrap at least, with the new upgrade Asami could give it more I suppose.

The suit thing says: "it may lower the value of its Flicker Condition by 1 to add a suit of its choice to final duel total."

Yeah, now that I reread that, I think I was in error earlier. The sentence is singular, and would lean towards only being able to do it once. 

16 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

So in that case its a once per announcement of the action, so only 1 suit from flicker. 

The upgrade isn't really stand alone, it can only go on  a model which already has the flicker rules on it.I'm guessing thta it wasn't fully wordeddue to space, but you had to have the full flicker rules already to use it, so giving text to the ability would be for reminder purposes only