Accusation and inspection with sonnia

JosephCurwen

Scheme pool was accusation, frame for murder hidden trap and inspection.

Strategy was extraction

I played sonnia against pandora

Frame for Murder was an obvious take. Plant evidence was a no since I need the enemy models dead, not near my markers.

How should I play with a choice among accusation inspection and claim jump?

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

claim jump.   And set up sonnia to deny your opponent the midline. 

In this case I outactivate him so it's ok. But what if I were playing with gremlins or ressers?

EDIT accusation seems to work well with ressers since I can just engage summons or small fries.

Gremlins look much more troublesome

5 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Don’t Austringers make Leave Your Mark or Claim Jump fairly easy to score for Guild crews?

Not claim jump,the push is too short but leave your mark can be done pretty easily with or without them. Leave your mark wasn't in this pool thogh so it doesn't really help. ;)

For accusation I might rely a bit more on thaĺlarians. Maybe with a handler for burning and the extra push. Or a thallarian. The  crew is 

Witchling handler ss8

Witchling stalker ss5(frame for murder)

Thallarian queller ss6

Monster hunter ss6

Sonnia(the mask, cherufe's imprint, counterspell area)  ss3 or resurrection sonnia if there are many small model to kill ss3

Papa loco ss7

Francisco (wade in, hermano de armas) ss10

Brutal effigy ss4

Cache 4stones

for claim jump

A watcher seems a must. It can drop a marker and expose models who interfere.

I would say

Sonnia(the mask, counterspell aura(it depends), cherufe's imprint, reincarnation(it depends) ss3

Francisco(wade in, hermano de armas) ss10

Papa loco (ss7)

Watcher ss4

Brutal effigy ss4

Malifaux chil

Thallarian or monster hunter or austringer ss6

A choice among field reporters and investigators. I like investigators for summoning sonnia and reporters to counter opponent schemes

5 hours ago, JosephCurwen said:

A choice among field reporters and investigators. I like investigators for summoning sonnia and reporters to counter opponent schemes...

Do the investigators keep Sonnia out of combat? Stand at the edges of her range and push burning models within 10” to die?

7 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Not claim jump,the push is too short but leave your mark can be done pretty easily with or without them. Leave your mark wasn't in this pool thogh so it doesn't really help. ;)

Why wouldn't Deliver Orders help with Claim Jump? It could be a 0 inch push and still get a second marker down for Claim Jump. The push seems like it would help to get a model that's already near the center line into position to drop a scoring marker late in the turn.

You might need some help with movement to get close enough to the center on turn one if you want a single model to drop both markers on turn two but it seems like it should be pretty easy to get a push or an obey or something while you are still in your deployment zone.

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Why wouldn't Deliver Orders help with Claim Jump? It could be a 0 inch push and still get a second marker down for Claim Jump. The push seems like it would help to get a model that's already near the center line into position to drop a scoring marker late in the turn.

You might need some help with movement to get close enough to the center on turn one if you want a single model to drop both markers on turn two but it seems like it should be pretty easy to get a push or an obey or something while you are still in your deployment zone.

I was thinking after the model had gone so you would use the push to clear the marker dropped already. It's a matter of effectiveness, you're spending the entire activation of a 6ss model for that marker. Compare the austringer + watcher combo to just taking two watchers. You easily get near enough to the center in any deployment type unless the terrain is really bad and you're using less soulstones and each watcher could be doing something else for one of their ap. A Sonnia crew is very likely to find a use for those watchers. If you have an austringer for other purposes already it could get a marker down if you messed up somehow but I would prefer dedicating a runner or two to it. There are schemes were austringers bring a lot more in my opinion. At 6+4 ss doing almost nothing except claim jump you could hire Grimwell for 9ss and have a very self-reliable claim jumper that could handle an opposed scheme runner.

11 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I was thinking after the model had gone so you would use the push to clear the marker dropped already. It's a matter of effectiveness, you're spending the entire activation of a 6ss model for that marker. Compare the austringer + watcher combo to just taking two watchers. You easily get near enough to the center in any deployment type unless the terrain is really bad and you're using less soulstones and each watcher could be doing something else for one of their ap. A Sonnia crew is very likely to find a use for those watchers. If you have an austringer for other purposes already it could get a marker down if you messed up somehow but I would prefer dedicating a runner or two to it. There are schemes were austringers bring a lot more in my opinion. At 6+4 ss doing almost nothing except claim jump you could hire Grimwell for 9ss and have a very self-reliable claim jumper that could handle an opposed scheme runner.

I'm coming at this from the perspective of a player that doesn't play Guild. It seems that what always burns me with Austringers is that the push with the marker drop gets a second marker down late in the turn from a model that I'm not in position to interfere with. 

7 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I'm coming at this from the perspective of a player that doesn't play Guild. It seems that what always burns me with Austringers is that the push with the marker drop gets a second marker down late in the turn from a model that I'm not in position to interfere with. 

For claim jump that would still require the guildie to have 10ss of activations left after you have run out of activations. They probably need 14 ss since they would need one runner on each flank as a possibility if you had the potential to block one of them. The austringer + a reporter doing claim jump still means they both need to go after your models so it isn't really different from a nimble model at 10ss doing it as their last activation. You may just need to prioritize their runners higher either way and move stuff out to the flanks. It's good for setup and stuff where they can push out of combat and get a marker down late turn but for a lot of pure marker schemes you should be able to stop it from happening, just take a model with 2" engagement and run into base contact with the model you see will try to do the push. If you are exactly 2" out you are still engaged so no marker or free walks for them.