Kai

Round Four Voting - Information

Another round of Iron Painter means another round of awesome works for us all to oooh and aaah over!  As always we want to thank those of you participating at every level.  This time the theme "Murphy's Law" led to some unfortunate things happening to the poor models in this round.  But as always it is now time to take a deep breath, set the brushes down, and take a second to appreciate your hard work!  Then after you do that, go and vote!  Again you will only be voting on the bronze submissions.  Make sure to read this and the information below before you head over to the polls.  

A reminder that our gold and silver voting will be handled by our esteemed panel of judges.  If you want to take a look at the awesome entries though head on over to the galleries!

Gold: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/65-round-4-murphys-law-gold-finished/

We had one change in the Gold tier, which is that Stark is no longer taking part in the competition   This means @neveroddoreven was moved into the Gold bracket, and paired against @Whirler 

5a26b7b3d03f8_RoundFourGoldRedone.JPG.0fab1d2a1635e3e629b2d8d61d13d222.JPG

Silver: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/66-round-4-murphys-law-silver-finished/

A note that due to @neveroddoreven moving from the Silver to the Gold tier, @Hellogre was moved into the Silver tier and paired against @Heavy.  

5a26b856b3e08_RoundFourSilverRedone.thumb.JPG.715c9811854f46a664d4e86dbd37bc96.JPG

Bronze: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/67-round-4-murphys-law-bronze-finished/ 

For bronze the voting will be handled via the Round Four Voting - Poll.  There will be a link at the bottom of this post.  We have attached images for each entry, and all you have to do is choose your favorite out of EACH head to head pairing. Please keep in mind Bronze had some repairings as well.  Feel free to use the gallery link above to get a closer look at each of the submissions.  

5a26bf71a1b45_BronzePairingsRedone.JPG.0a63b03920be49dc809f572c63813e0f.JPG

You can also check out those who were eliminated, but continue to paint on here: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/68-round-4-murphys-law-eliminated/

Below you will find the list of people who were either a DNF or dropped.  If you were paired against one of these people you were re-paired to have an opponent if possible.  This repairing was done randomly.  If you feel you are incorrectly on this list please PM me.

• Junkie
  • Alex_Vulfhart
  • Gaspard

If you made it to this point, that means you are ready to vote!  Head on over to the polls: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/133197-round-four-voting-poll/

26 minutes ago, argailwall said:

What happened to Stark? He posted his Project on time, I saw it earlier

I would also be interested in this.

And Kai, can you please move his work into Elim or Wip, I think it should not get lost, no matter what happened here.

30 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

-Looks at Calendar- Does this mean Round 5 ends on Christmas?

-Looks at original Iron Painter thread- I reckon it won't.

• December 11 – Round 4 Results, Round 5 Announced & Begins

• January 1 – Round 5 Ends (extra time for the holidays, make them count!)

44 minutes ago, Dirty said:

Hey guys, ive had a hard time tracking who's who during this whole competition (old mans brain syndrome) so i built a little webpage to help me out.

Unfortunately the tool i used to draw it didnt like the format of the silver and bronze tier so i only have the gold tier available at the moment.

Let me know if any data is wrong and yes, its not pretty or perfect but its enough for me :)

Iron painter Gold tier

Okay.  That is just plain cool.  

1 hour ago, Dirty said:

Hey guys, ive had a hard time tracking who's who during this whole competition (old mans brain syndrome) so i built a little webpage to help me out.

Unfortunately the tool i used to draw it didnt like the format of the silver and bronze tier so i only have the gold tier available at the moment.

Let me know if any data is wrong and yes, its not pretty or perfect but its enough for me :)

Iron painter Gold tier

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Dirty said:

Iron painter Gold tier

So at first I thought isnt that the same as Kai's diagram... but then I hovered...
WOW, that is epic!
Hopefully you can get all the tiers to work. Fantastic job :)

9 hours ago, Dirty said:

Iron painter Gold tier

this is incredible!

14 hours ago, icatsai said:

So at first I thought isnt that the same as Kai's diagram... but then I hovered...
WOW, that is epic!
Hopefully you can get all the tiers to work. Fantastic job :)

Ill do my best sempai!

The hovered pictures seem to get cut off on the bottom of the page. An awesome idea though.

I am still wondering abut Stark, his work was rather awesome the first 3 rounds.

6 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

The hovered pictures seem to get cut off on the bottom of the page. An awesome idea though.

I am still wondering abut Stark, his work was rather awesome the first 3 rounds.

Yea i've noticed that problem aswell. But hey, you can always click on the name to open image fully

On 06.12.2017 at 10:56 PM, Dirty said:

Iron painter Gold tier

This is great!

11 hours ago, Dirty said:

Yea i've noticed that problem aswell. But hey, you can always click on the name to open image fully

Ahh I never noticed that as I always just clicked on the box. Awesome work.

On 05/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, argailwall said:

What happened to Stark? He posted his Project on time, I saw it earlier

On 05/12/2017 at 8:37 PM, Joe Cool said:

I would also be interested in this.

On 05/12/2017 at 8:55 PM, Phosphexborn said:

Same question here

On 05/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, Sagrit said:

Same question. That's actually looks ... weird

Stark was removed by the Wyrd guys over an issue with his entry.

He was struggling to get a certain shaped display base and some bits of scenery he wanted for his entry so a friend of his offered to make them for him. The friend built Stark the main shell to the display base and 2 little tables for decoration. Stark then continued on to build the remaining majority before going on to paint it all up.

Another participant (who will remain nameless) in the comp who knows Stark in person messaged him to ask if said friend had helped him with some of the build. Believing he was talking with a friend his told him honestly that yes he’d had a few of the elements made for him. The nameless friend then decided to screen cap the message thread and submit it to Wyrd highlighting that Stark had received assistance. Wyrd emailed Stark and told him they decided to pull his entry. Stark offered an argument in defence but received no reply from Wyrd, game over!

Now at this point I’m sure opinions will be divided. The fact that a Gold tier participant received assistance with his entry instantly raises questions. But IMHO I don’t see the issue with Stark receiving help with his base building. I don’t see the difference between using purchased pre-made scenery or having it built by a friend. If I buy set of resin crates to use in the diorama I wouldn’t be penalised, but by this ruling if a friend made me a some crates I’d be out of the comp. He built the diorama just like any other participant, using whatever materials available to get it looking how he wanted.

He then went on to paint it 100% himself. Being a painting competition and all I would have thought that was the main criteria for being judged on. Sure, the diorama may score you points for theme and ascetic but I’m pretty certain 99% of the entrants have used 3rd party materials. I just don’t see what the difference is between your 3rd party materials being commercially manufactured or custom made. And as far as I can tell there’s nothing in rules regarding the source of building materials. I think it’s a given that you’re expected to paint it all by yourself but perhaps Wyrd need to clearly state the T&C’s to what parts you can use.

Great painter, disappointing ruling.

• Like 1