Just picked up Nellie

kungfudan

Good evening Guild players it has been a long time since i have played malifaux and i decided to  play a faction i have never tried  here is what i have picked up  Nellie's box set ,

Bert, dade, hannah, Johana, , Ronin , Death Marshal Recruiter , Gracie . Is there anyone i am missing from this list that should be a auto include as far as models i should have to  make her more dangerous or flexible.  Any advice is appreciated  

I am personally of the opinion that both Francisco Ortega and Phiona Gage should be stapled into Nellie lists (along with their own stapled on upgrades, Wade in and Wrath of the Guild respectively).

This gives you two models that are incredibly hard to kill combined with Assignments People! to give them fast and heal 2 damage. Francisco being able to Enfréntate a Mi! to evacuate your models from combat, then drop 3 MI7 attacks with built in rams is absurdly good. Being able to follow up on a different target with a Phiona with :+twist: to attack and damage. Do not underestimate positive damage twists, they mean instead of having to beat your opponent's duel total  by 6 to cheat you need to beat them by 1, and that is a HUGE difference when it comes to being able to able to consistently cheat damage through.

The reporters and Printing Press in the box have pretty solid synergy with Nellie, that being said, she is pretty good at buffing most models on their own, whether they are beaters or schemers (fast and evidence pushing is a wonderful). Things like Executioners, Peacekeepers and the Watcher all have extremely good synergy with Nellie as the Executioners and Peacekeepers are pretty powerful models on their own, but lack reliable movement tricks to get around, giving them an extra AP, or healing them or even just having them beat face with the trigger off Propaganda is very good, not to mention the watcher can let Nellie gain huge amounts of evidence.

That's my (somewhat long-winded) $0.02

2 hours ago, Krellnus said:

This gives you two models that are incredibly hard to kill combined with Assignments People! to give them fast and heal 2 damage. Francisco being able to Enfréntate a Mi! to evacuate your models from combat, then drop 3 MI7 attacks with built in rams is absurdly good. Being able to follow up on a different target with a Phiona with :+twist: to attack and damage. Do not underestimate positive damage twists, they mean instead of having to beat your opponent's duel total  by 6 to cheat you need to beat them by 1, and that is a HUGE difference when it comes to being able to able to consistently cheat damage through.

I don't feel like Phiona benefits that much from cheating damage.  She has a consistent spread of 3/4/5 so cheating the damage increases her output by 2 at most.  It's just not worth an upgrade slot and a severe to get that additional 2 damage.  She puts out a lot of damage as is in a Nellie crew.  I'd much rather put A Debt to the Guild and Numb to the World on Phiona (or replace A Debt to the Guild with Journalism when Dig Their Graves is in the pool).  

Other than that, I definitely agree with the above.  The absolute must takes with Nellie are Phiona and the Printing Press.  Frank is next on the list as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, STO said:

What do you think about Emissary (with the new upgrade) in Nellie lists ? Or you would prefer another models over him anyway ?

Hes too expensive for my taste. When I look at purchasing and expensive model like that, Hannah is just way more appealing in my mind. Playing with an 8 hand size is too good to pass up and with A Debt to the Guild and Fast on her she's even more scary and harder to put down than the emissary. 

When it comes to Phiona I more often put Transparency on her. It makes Dig Their Graves almost auto 3 points and can help out with other schemes too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STO said:

What do you think about Emissary (with the new upgrade) in Nellie lists ? Or you would prefer another models over him anyway ?

Much of the joy of the emissary copying actions benefits from it being made fast, which she can do.  So she makes it perform at its best, but other 10ss perform better than the emissary’s best for Nellie. (If its trigger was not limited to once per model per turn, it might have synergized more.)

• Like 1