Condescending lucius

4thstringer

Alright,  New concept lucius build.   What if you built lucius as mainly a debuffer, attempting to repeatedly put condescending on opposing models? 

Here's what I'm thinking.  You are going to want lucius with deep pockets,  condescending and surprisingly loyal,  Frank,  and a guild pathfinder.   Pathfinder has a job to throw out a trap close to your opponents, then come back to be lucius's lackeys target.   Frank will el mayor lucius.  Lucius will lackey up,  then double walk up to get close,  then talk down to either 1. An opposing summoner or 2. A threatening model. 

The upfield trap is there for two reasons.   One is as a stones feeder for lucius.  The second is if they do charge lucius,  then it's a bodyguard/tarpit.  If that happens,  a good response can be more condescending or red tape,  or lackeys back out to a different trap.  Finally it can be a place to dump damage with surprisingly loyal. 

So,  in my build for this I also have 2 monster hunters,  An investigator,  and 2 field reporters.  But I'd love to see what you all would bring with it,  or other ways you would play a mainly condescending lucius.  I wish the range on talk down to them was a little more.  Also, a DopPelganger feels like it would do a good job of ruining an opponents turn two. 

Pretty sure traps aren't guardsmen so you can't shunt damage to them.

I had it in my tournament. I played cagey with my favourite mimic duo and a couple of illuminated. Got charged by NB and Talos turn 2 and slapped this on both which worked pretty well. I would imagine any list can take their first assault on the chin could benefit from this, taking a PK and a guardian perhaps.

I'm not sure it's worth it to overextend Lucius turn 1, he needs his buddies.

12 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Pretty sure traps aren't guardsmen so you can't shunt damage to them.

I had it in my tournament. I played cagey with my favourite mimic duo and a couple of illuminated. Got charged by NB and Talos turn 2 and slapped this on both which worked pretty well. I would imagine any list can take their first assault on the chin could benefit from this, taking a PK and a guardian perhaps.

I'm not sure it's worth it to overextend Lucius turn 1, he needs his buddies.

You are right, traps just will help reduce.  Traps have no loyalty. 

Im going to try this out for a couple weeks.

• Like 1