Hannah vs Lazarus

DanteJH

I think Scramble is fine @ 2ss, it is very powerful to have unimpeded charging, along with a + to Wk and Cg.  But taking it is certainly based on the board type you're facing.  Anything that is even sorta empty, you're better off taking something else.  But if theres a somewhat sizable amount of severe terrain, I've found it well worth it.

I personally really like Scramble on A&D in my Levi list, since it gives him a Wk6, Cg 8 (if i remember correctly) and an insane threat range to get into your opponent face  turn one, potentally killing something turn one, or being set to murder turn 2.  Additionally, having A&D being unimpeded is gross as hell.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davos said:

Eh, scramble's strongest perk is the unimpeded (in my opinion).  Being able to ignore terrain on a charge is amazing - its the main saving grace of Von Schill.  Paying 1SS to get +1 to Wk and Cg is pretty meh

Doesnt schill ignore  terrain during chareg  anyway? o.O

.... oh,nevermind. im justa bit slow >.<

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davos said:

Eh, scramble's strongest perk is the unimpeded (in my opinion).  Being able to ignore terrain on a charge is amazing

It is indeed, but it's not the same as ignore severe terrain, which Scramble grants.

1 minute ago, DXXXVIII said:

Doesnt schill ignore  terrain during chareg  anyway? o.O

He does, that's precisely what Davos said.

8 hours ago, Davos said:

Eh, scramble's strongest perk is the unimpeded (in my opinion).  Being able to ignore terrain on a charge is amazing - its the main saving grace of Von Schill.  Paying 1SS to get +1 to Wk and Cg is pretty meh

Maybe you have a lot of severe terrain on your tables. In my expereince Unimpeded the most useless ability, which I I never had chance to use. And Schill terrain ignore is so much better than just ignore severe.

7 hours ago, Freman said:

Perhaps if it wasn't Limited.

That seems to only really be a problem for Leve and Parker though, right? And I don't think Leve really wants it, and Parker doesn't want to take any generic upgrades that don't discard themselves (in my experience anyway). It IS weird that it's limited though - I like the limited mechanic for upgrades that dramatically alter a master's playstyle, but sticking it on Scramble of Badge of Office (I think that's the name of the guild one?) is more annoying than anything else...

On 12/8/2017 at 4:36 AM, Nikodemus said:

I'd consider it with Misaki. Probably with Von Schill too if I played him and he has negotiable upgrade slot. 'Ignore everything' charge is double plus nice if you get some extra distance for it.

Not worth it on Von Schill, since he already ignores terrain.  I find its the best on either Johan or Ashes 'N Dust.

I like Hannah.  I tend to put in either the Strongarm Suit or Lazarus as the other big hitter (I’ve actually only used Lazarus once, but I think I’ll keep him).  I like Hannah because I also use the librarian and she makes a good relay for the librarians spells.  She can punch things up pretty good too when the time comes, though I’ve never had her survive the ensuing retaliation.

11 hours ago, Davos said:

Not worth it on Von Schill, since he already ignores terrain.  I find its the best on either Johan or Ashes 'N Dust.

I do because it gives him a 9" charge, plus the 2" cyber arm range, it gives him an 11" reach across the table, twice if Fast, so that's near the whole table.

That does seems interesting.  My main hesitation is paying 2ss for in essence a single inch of Cg and Wk.  And while getting him up the board super fast is really cool, he doesn't necessarily do enough damage - even with the Cyberarm through and resulting shot, he's mostly likely still just doing 4 damage over those 2 attacks.  Moreover, Von Schill can't stand up against an entire crew, and since he suffers so hard from being out-activated, throwing him in early is gonna wind up with a dead master, for minimum gain.