ArD

Question

6 answers to this question

It seems like if the model with Mood Swings would be a legal model to chain activate it can be made to chain activate if its controller decides to use the chain activation ability.

"Mood Swing: When this model's controller has
an opportunity to Activate a model, the opponent may choose for this model to
Activate instead if it is available to Activate."

"Accomplice: After this model ends its
Activation a friendly model within 6” may
Activate immediately."

Completely agree with WWHD

If the model with Mood swings is in a position to legally chain activate, you can choose to make it chain activate. After you have made that decision, (if it was a no you're not going to force it) then the owner gets to decide if they want to chain activate. 

On 2017/11/30 at 1:33 AM, ArD said:

In accordance with the cards and Rules:

1. Accomplice: after this model ends its Activation a friendly model within 6“ may activate immediately as a Chain activation.

2. Companion: After a friendly model ends its Activation within 6” of this model, this model may Activate immediately as Chain Activation.

3. Faces in the Void: … If the target is eligible to activate this turn, the target may Activate immediately after this model’s Activation ends as a Chai Activation.

4. Mood swing: When this model controller has the opportunity to Activate a model the opponent may choose for this model to Activate instead if it is available to activate.

5. Nobody Likes Me: This model may not activate while there are any other models in its Crew without NLM condition, which may still Activate.

6. In the description of Chain Activation in the Rulebook, we have following clarification: A model can not use these Abilities to Activate if it is not eligible to Activate normally at that point in the Turn. For instance, a model that has already Activated (and doesn’t have the Reactivate Condition) cannot use Companion to Activate again during the Turn.

In my opinion:

1. May activate= the opportunity to Activate

2. Available to activate= eligible to Activate normally at that point in the Turn

With reference to above noted:

1. While using Accomplice the chain activation of selected model can be broken by using of  Mood swing on other model(Should it be within 6”?). Also chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

2. While using Companion the chain activation of selected model can be broken by using of Mood swing on other model. In addition, chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

3. While using Faces in the Void the chain activation of unburied model can be broken by using of Mood swing on other model. In addition, chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

Is it correct?

It seems like you're trying to make this more complex than it is.  

Player A activates the first model on their "step" in the Activation phase.  If the model with Mood Swing is able to be activated (due to one of the abilities which say "may Activate"), then Player A asks player B "Are you going to use Mood Swing to make me Activate that model?"  

If "Yes", then the model with Mood Swings activates, using any required abilities (Accomplice, etc.).  

If "No", then Player A chooses whether to chain activate or finish their step, and the Activation phase continues.

There's no "While using Companion" or "While using X".

• Like 1

1. Accomplice: after this model ends its Activation a friendly model within 6“ may activate immediately as a Chain activation.

2. Companion: After a friendly model ends its Activation within 6” of this model, this model may Activate immediately as Chain Activation.

3. Faces in the Void: … If the target is eligible to activate this turn, the target may Activate immediately after this model’s Activation ends as a Chai Activation.

4. Mood swing: When this model controller has the opportunity to Activate a model the opponent may choose for this model to Activate instead if it is available to activate.

5. Nobody Likes Me: This model may not activate while there are any other models in its Crew without NLM condition, which may still Activate.

6. In the description of Chain Activation in the Rulebook, we have following clarification: A model can not use these Abilities to Activate if it is not eligible to Activate normally at that point in the Turn. For instance, a model that has already Activated (and doesn’t have the Reactivate Condition) cannot use Companion to Activate again during the Turn.

In my opinion:

2. Available to activate= eligible to Activate normally at that point in the Turn

1. While using Accomplice the chain activation of selected model can be broken by using of  Mood swing on other model(Should it be within 6”?). Also chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

2. While using Companion the chain activation of selected model can be broken by using of Mood swing on other model. In addition, chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

3. While using Faces in the Void the chain activation of unburied model can be broken by using of Mood swing on other model. In addition, chain can be broken by Nobody Likes Me, if it is not the last model to be activated.

Is it correct?

54 minutes ago, ArD said:

In my opinion:

Is it correct?

1 If you are going to be strict, the opponent has to say they want you to activate the mood swing model before you tell them you want to chain activate. If the mood swing model is eligable, then they can make it be the one to activate. If it isn't eligible, it can't activate, and you can freely chain activate a model of your choice. 

2 If the model with mood swings does not have companion, then it probably isn't eligible to activate, so you can freely chain activate the model with companion. 

My reading of if nobody likes me is that it can't be used during a chain activation if there are other unactivated models still to go regardless of if they are eligable for the chain activation or not. 

3 Mood swings could stop the faces in the void chain activation, but only if they had some rule that allowed them to activate at this point. If they don't then you can freely chain activate. i don't think you could activate a nobody likes me model if there are other models still to activate