50mm model on a 50mm terrain marker. Does it get cover?

WWHSD

Question

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I would say no since no LoS line is drawn through the marker, it hits the edge of both marker and base at the same time if you put it exactly on top.

That's what I was kind of unsure of. If they were exactly on top of each other, wouldn't any line drawn to the model also go through the terrain marker?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

That's what I was kind of unsure of. If they were exactly on top of each other, wouldn't any line drawn to the model also go through the terrain marker?

Not through, you would exactly hit hhe edge. LoS is drawn TO the model, you never go through the base edge into the model.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Not through, you would exactly hit hhe edge. LoS is drawn TO the model, you never go through the base edge into the model.

I suppose if a 30mm model standing on a corpse marker wouldn't block LoS it would make sense that you wouldn't get cover from a terrain marker the same size as a model's base.

Just trying to talk myself into playing around with Kudra some more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

I suppose if a 30mm model standing on a corpse marker wouldn't block LoS it would make sense that you wouldn't get cover from a terrain marker the same size as a model's base.

There's also the FAQ entry (#28 in the general questions) about Rasputin drawing line of sight to Lilith standing part way in some terrain, where the answer denies cover because none if the lines of sight between the models go through the cover.

So the case for denying cover in this case is pretty strong.

• Like 1