Tanukipult

Aegnor

Hi. I love the new tanuki model and rules and i'm also a big fan of the pigapult.

And as you may know there is a very stupid combo you can do with both ( if i'm not wrong about the rules) :

Activate the pigapult and go reckless, throw 3 tanukis where you need them, then activate a tanuki and immediatly take a nap (if i understand correctly you can do that even when paralyzed) to drop a scheme marker and count double for strategy purpose.

This can be very game breaking in some pools, the perfect one would be Ours + set up + public demonstration. You just have to choose a legit enemy model for set up, send the tanukis within 4" and you can score 3+3 scheme point ( you took public demonstration on tanukis ofc). You do this turn 2 with ours and you also have 15*2=30 points on that quarter to deny/score.

I very want to try this in a game but as i know you can only do this in a brewmaster crew with the good upgrade. And it will cost 2(upgrade)+8(pigapult)+3*5(tanukis) = 25ss. so half your crew.

So i would like to know what you think about this combo and what kind of crew we can take with the remaining soulstones : beaters? lot of model to be sure that the combo goes after your opponent activated everything?

And if any of you kow a way to do this combo in another crew than brewmaster i would very love to know.

If you don't out activate then you are placing 3 Df 5, 5 wound models in the enemies half. Don't expect them to be alive by the time you score points. So against an 8 activation crew (probably the typical amount), you need to have at least 11 models for this to work. So your last 25 points needs to buy you 6 models. Its certainly possible in gremlins, but you are probably lookign at 4-5 being bayou gremlins/stuffed pigs, so you then only have 1 or 2 other models to do anything in the game. 

Only Brewmaster will let you brign them into Gremlins at the moment, so its Brewmaster only to combine pigapult+tanuki (Although a few other models have other movement effects).

This might win you games, with the ideal set of schemes, but I honestly doubt you would score many points for Ours after turn 2. 

Maybe we can take lenny with his upgrade. You hit the pigapult and try to make piglets. By turn 2 you have created (assuming you stone for card twice) : 0 pig (4%), 1 pig (14%), 2 pigs (23%), 3pigs (24%) or 4 pigs (35%) (maths are done only on the tn so it would be a little less because you need weak damages).

So usually 10ss on lenny will get you 3 activations on turn 2. And you have a lenny who can figth + some pigs for the pigapult.

That let us with 15ss and 3 activations to go.