Soulstones value, refining and why care for Lade

Griautis

So I'm looking at the rules, and the only advantage for having higher Lode is Construct animation. Which explains why they fetch a higher price (a machine working for longer produces more money). However, what about refining it? why does the price jump so much for a refined one? There doesn't seem to be any advantage in that. 

And even then, why is there no advantage for higher Lade soulstones to casters? 

I'm thinking of several possible house rules for this. Namely, either giving higher Lade stones more capacity, or giving higher Lade stones higher :+fate than lower ones, topping at at :+fate :+fate :+fate or something. Anyone has given some thought into these things? 

1 hour ago, Griautis said:

So I'm looking at the rules, and the only advantage for having higher Lode is Construct animation. Which explains why they fetch a higher price (a machine working for longer produces more money). However, what about refining it? why does the price jump so much for a refined one? There doesn't seem to be any advantage in that. 

And even then, why is there no advantage for higher Lade soulstones to casters? 

I'm thinking of several possible house rules for this. Namely, either giving higher Lade stones more capacity, or giving higher Lade stones higher :+fate than lower ones, topping at at :+fate :+fate :+fate or something. Anyone has given some thought into these things? 

In close to the back of the player creation’s section, there is a Forum called fiddlin with soulstones. That would be a good place to find house rules for soul stones.

Well there is one big advantage a higher lade stone has, IE the range that it can be recharged.  The two that use spells like being in the back meaning they cannot really recharge either of the two soulstones the group has *both are Lade 1* with their preferred distances.  The group as a whole is starting to realize it is not as easy as it sounds as a lot of the party likes range.  Only one person tends to jump into the fray and he has started really getting wailed on for it as no one jumps in to help.  Oh sure they shoot into combat and keep dealing damage, but no one draws attacks away by giving themselves up as an extra target.

• 1 year later...