Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Four Announcement

2 hours ago, easily_mused said:

Week Two - Bronchitis due to school age children played with on holiday are plague rats.

Ugg I hear ya, on week 5 of the flu myself.

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

...are you sure it's not mono? <_<

LOL hope not, little to old for that. Mostly just a bad cough left. Makes it hard to paint but I have been working on some for the eliminated section.

• Like 1

Just now, Stonewall78 said:

LOL hope not, little to old for that. Mostly just a bad cough left. Makes it hard to paint but I have been working on some for the eliminated section.

Keeping the ELIM spirit strong!:blast

• Like 1

Well...due to some personal issues...I have to step down from the conquest. I´m very sorry, specially to my rival, @DLenok. It was an amazing time, really learning a lot, pushing me to new levels and knowing new amazing people.  I wished to get to the final round, but it wasn´t an easy time for me, the iron painter is an intense contest, but also rewarding, in a lot of ways. I really hope for the next year I´ll be more relaxed and give the time that it requires. 

I wish good luck to all participants, keep going, learn and get better!

May the force be with you...always 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Keeping the ELIM spirit strong!:blast

Just finished up some stuff I had assembled before this week. I wonder if that is still ok to post in the Elim category or if I should start on that Jury box that is staring at me...

1 hour ago, Heavy said:

Now I'm not so sure that it was a good idea to paint 26 miniatures for this round.

Paint 2, hit the rest with a hammer. Call it "Bad stress happens".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

Paint 2, hit the rest with a hammer. Call it "Bad stress happens".

Too late, just finished 25 of them, only main character left.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hero of the Rev said:

I had seriously considered just covering a model in superglue and thick paint and taking a photo with superglue turned over on its side and calling it a day. :)

It reminded me of this guide

Pretty quiet around here... Myself I am trying for a bit more quality and less quantity this round. We'll see how that works out. 

Using a pretty muted color scheme so far. 

murphy3.jpg

Oh, and I made a thing :D 

murphy4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ooo, I love palette pictures. Looks like fun times.

I'm going a bit down in quality this round. I've got too many things lined up in December to luxuriate on this as much as in previous rounds. But I tried something new. That's cool. Still got an evening or two of skin painting to go, don't want to skimp on that.

I hope everyone's getting work done, whatever level they're going for.

On 27.11.2017 at 8:04 AM, Joe Cool said:

@Buntman - you asked for it ...

small.DSC_0044.JPG.d68c18f5fb7d372b4b6d6

still an early WIP. You can't see much of a base yet.

And the painting is missing, too.

I noticed that you use theme : “pirates pirates everywhere” regardless of task ))

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Guildenstern said:

@DarthSlider that's perfect actually, it could be the seen of some really creepy magic or miasma effect, or a post apocolyptic setting... Bad Things Happen, but when ur creating it can work wonders

I thought about it, but fire/postnuclear just doesn't fit my story at all. But in case i would need such an effect for future works i know what to do now :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarthSlider said:

Ok, bad things happens :D

I just found that material i used melts by my primer.

You should use airbrush for priming foams, or if you do not have airbrush I beleive that thinned down PVA glue will protect it from the spray

6 minutes ago, argailwall said:

You should use airbrush for priming foams, or if you do not have airbrush I beleive that thinned down PVA glue will protect it from the spray

Sadly i don't have airbrush. Thanks for advice about PVA glue.

I think i would switch to clay for window and door, and covers for a tube could be made from almost anything, even paperboard.

Ya the aerosols used in spray paint cans dissolve most foam. I have heard of some foam safe ones and also heard that some of the foam safe ones still eat foam. Safest to hand paint the first layer.

It really does look like bad things happen and I think you should flow with it though.

2 hours ago, argailwall said:

True facts. A good coating will do stop the melting. 

Hand Priming vulnerable areas is also a workable solution.