Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Four Announcement

Round Four begins today!!

We've almost made it to the end, and everyone is displaying their Iron!  After this round finishes we will move on to the finals!  Who will win?  Who will place?  Who will be eliminated?

Thank you again to our extremely talented judges, our wonderfully talented contestants, and our just plain wonderful community of voters!  Iron Painter can't be what it is without all of us working together.  Yet again we see some awesome feedback between painters, as well as encouragement and friendly competition.  These are part of what makes Iron Painter so special. 

Below you can find the Round Four theme and pairings.  A link to the round three results can be found at the bottom of this post.  But now it is time for the part you guys all REALLY care about, the theme!

Theme

We have all had that morning where you can't find your keys, traffic is bad, and then it starts raining.  It just seems like everything goes wrong all at once.  Well get ready to channel that into this round's theme, Murphy's Law.  Murphy's Law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". 

You have your theme, so it's time to get painting!  

Submissions

Round Four Gold:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/65-round-4-murphys-law-gold-finished/

Round Four Silver:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/66-round-4-murphys-law-silver-finished/

Round Four Bronze:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/67-round-4-murphys-law-bronze-finished/

Round Four Eliminated: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/68-round-4-murphys-law-eliminated/

Round Four WIP:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/64-round-4-murphys-law-wip/

Pairings

Gold

5a12f30bb9700_RoundFourGoldBracket.JPG.43b5b4a5292d784b55e681fc62c6a113.JPG

Silver

5a12f34b78e3b_RoundFourSilverBracket.thumb.JPG.80d6ff2ea473bfaeaef0f4a78a1b0901.JPG

Bronze

5a13263de55a6_BronzeBracket.PNG.da110ead6e0d0f4e74ae705297decbbf.PNG

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts! 

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a .jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Three Results: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/132962-iron-painter-2017-round-three-results/

• Like 1

Congrats @Stark I knew you'd got that round, now I hope you go on to win :D
I have absolutely no clue what to do for this one... Hmmm, thinking cap on.

Good luck everyone :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

No no no nononoooooo!  @icatsai! Why you leave((( 

I know, I am sad to go but feel very proud to have made into Gold on my first attempt at Iron Painter! 
It's been a fantastic learning curve so far and it shall continue to be so in Silver. 
:D

• Like 3

17 hours ago, icatsai said:

I know, I am sad to go but feel very proud to have made into Gold on my first attempt at Iron Painter! 
It's been a fantastic learning curve so far and it shall continue to be so in Silver. 
:D

I wish you luck! Your works are trully great!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

I wish you luck! You works are trully great!

Thank you kindly :) I'm totally loving this competition, a real challenge and the standard of entries in all tiers is really amazing.
Now you go and win this thing!!

• Like 2

@Blage Your entries so far have been great!  I can't wait to see what you make this round. You will surely be a worthy opponent, may the best piece win:lol:

• Like 1

Can’t beleive I’ve made r4 in gold. Can’t help but think @Dirty should be in my place. I’m delighted though. I’ll have to come up with something special if I can!

Well done everyone still painting - There have been so many great pieces we have seen so far. 

• Like 3

Yay. Great job everyone, and good luck in the next round! :) 

That theme tho… :D 
Actually, it is not a bad theme – give a lot of room for interpretation. Should be fun to see what everyone comes up with. 

But I had at least half a dozen simple one-figure ideas lined up… of course, all of them are completely useless for this theme!
You really are set on making us spend all our waking hours on this, right? :D 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, helldrad said:

..As soon as I read the theme I've got a picture in mind ...I've "just" to find the right mini now ...

just hope Murphy doesn't interfere :D:D:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whirler said:

But I had at least half a dozen simple one-figure ideas lined up… of course, all of them are completely useless for this theme!
You really are set on making us spend all our waking hours on this, right? :D 

I know! I have the exact same problem!! 
I thought if I come up with a few ideas for single figures then I can really concentrate on painting instead of building a diorama but now I'm struggling to think of something to fit. 
Well, that's a lie, I have 3 ideas but they all involve loads of work! 

Oh well here goes, I have 2 hours before I have to go to work... 

"I started painting, then i spilled my washes, the wash went to the power supply and my workbench caught fire, i tried to throw water on it but instead of water i grabbed the bottle of white spirit so the fire got wilder and burnt all my equipment... well you see this is Murphy's Law."

And this is my commision for the round :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

...Mini and spare bits ordered...nothing can go wrong now, isn't it ?...except  the order could be delivered late , or the postal service could get on strike, or the postman could deliverde my package to a false address...or my dog could eat my minis...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kai said:

My dog has a taste only for painted minis...

Mine has a preference for painted soft plastic mini ...like zombicide zombies :)