Which upgrade to get for League (Shifting Loyalties) Mei Feng

Skylifter-1000

Hey guys,

so we have been playing a Shifting Loyalties league here for a while (with rounds lasting a month each, since many among us work full time and can't just get four games in in a week).

Now next round I will be able to get a master, and I am going to get Mei Feng. I still have enough scrip for a single 1 soulstone upgrade, but I'm not sure which one to get. What would you advise?

Here is my current campaign crew for reference:

• Joss (with Bleeding Edge Tech, Powered by Flame),
  • Howard Langston (Metal Plate, a campaign upgrade that provides Armour +1)
  • 1 Rail Worker
  • 2 Steam Arachnids
  • 1 Metal Gamin
  • Mobile Toolkit

I'll probably just get another Rail Worker for the 5 bonus scrip you get each round (which sadly one cannot spend on the master). 

Any thoughts appreciated. 

Seismic Claws is usually stapled to her card for me but after that, definitely make sure you get the Press The Advantage upgrade.  It's so much fun to see your opponents face when you tell them that you're going to Jackhammer Kick from 3 inches away, declare Tremors to then push the enemy 3 inches away and then push into base contact with that model now 6 inches away and hopefully near another enemy.  Then getting a free attack on to that other model from the Tremors trigger you had earlier and then hopefully getting the triggers on the Tiger's Claw attacks to get more attacks.  For a trigger on you last AP, I usually try to use the Ride the Rails trigger off of a Tiger's claw attack to jump to safety.  Mei is sooooo much fun.  lol.  

This makes her a huge target so I usually put Imbued Protection on her for that Df 7. 

Also, look a picking up Sparks.  Giving blasts to attacks vs enemy models that does moderate or severe damage and a zero action to give a non-leader construct fast is great! Also, he can make ANY model (including enemies) constructs and if you bring Kang along, your crew can get positives to attack and damage vs that model that Sparks made into a construct.  

If I was taking Mei Feng but could only spend a single soulstone for upgrades for her I'd take Vapormancy over Seismic Claws just about every time.

Vapormancy gives her a 3 inch engagement range, blasts, an attack that avoids Ml triggers and doesn't suffer damage reduction from Incorporeal models, as well as a way to trigger her most useful ability while making attacks. 

Seismic Claws makes her a better beater. You've already got Joss and Howard for that. 

Thanks for your help guys, I'm going to go with Seismic Claws. 

I think Mei is more about movement than about damaging the enemy. Outside the campaign, I'll probably try all her upgrades several times in all kinds of combos, but for the campaign, the first thing I want her to be able to do is push enemy models around after beating them so my hard hitters get into range better. 

• Like 1