A Bone For Dashel

Bazlord_Prime

Dashel and his Guardsmen are centred in my radar at the moment, due to him being my leader in a Shifting Loyalties campaign that we're halfway through.

It constantly annoys me that he has no native (0), though, and in the first couple of rounds I don't often get to do anything useful with his AP. Just walking up (but staying within cooey of the back-lurking Riflemen), and maybe dropping Scheme Markers for the Sergeant to kick. Okay - that's not awful really, but it feels life he ought to be doing more.

So I'd love to see him able to give the "Guardsman" characteristic to another friendly model. Death Marshal Recruiters have a (0) to give out "Guild Marshal", and Abuela can make something "Family" for the whole game, also as a (0). (Do Witch Hunters have anything similar?).

Would this work? "(0) Deputise: target friendly Minion gains the "Guardsman" Characteristic until the end of the Turn". No flip - it just happens, because it can only target a Minion.

I understand that giving out Focus as a (0) to potentially any Minion might create some disgusting synergies, but then it would also give the Desperate Mercenary :+fate flips on his "Wild Firing" Action, and isn't that really just what the world needs now? :P

Take Queeg.

Focused guild hounds are surprisingly brutal.

I'd rather see a variation of show em how it's done - free shot when a friendly guardsmen misses (maybe clip round the ear 1 pt damage).

Or

A shoot to kill directive.

Friendly guardsmen activating within x can spend 2 ap to shoot the next time an enemy model in Los ends a walk in Los.

(Not amazingly powerful but fun and thematic - might be handy with a 0 focus).

Aside from that I'd love to see a kennel master gaurdsmen for buffing hounds.

Or summoning them...

• Like 1