Decision for a new player

AngelRogue

19 hours ago, AngelRogue said:

Thank you. I've seen a lot of posts over which models to get, but I have seen less about placement. I've seen reference for Pandora about creating a bubble, or (in rezzers)seamus' crew stick close while seamus himself runs around guerilla style, but very little like that for Titania or Lilith. I am curious about how some of the synergies work but also about tactical positioning to get the most out of each models placement,  specifically the crews straight out of box. 

Part of that is because there isn't an easy right answer. 

A lot of it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are doing Reckoning for example, then you want to create a "killing ground" where you can bring models to and remove them. If you are doing Reconnotre you need to have models that can eitehr survive on their own, or with a resonable range from other people. You probably also want to project force. 

So Titania with her box crew is probably lookign more at bringing models togetehr and getting those scheme markers placed to heal Titania and hurt enmies, where as lilith has some super mobile tots that typically want to run off on their own and drop markers, where as lilith just ties up the big threats from the opponent to stop them scoring. 

Thanks to everyone who answered. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was dismissing a part of the game or not trying to figure it out on my own.  I was trying to get an early start on how to think of movement during game, similar to formations in football. I have found everyone's input valuable, as you all have more experience than myself. 

14 hours ago, AngelRogue said:

Thanks to everyone who answered. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was dismissing a part of the game or not trying to figure it out on my own.  I was trying to get an early start on how to think of movement during game, similar to formations in football. I have found everyone's input valuable, as you all have more experience than myself. 

I don't think anyone thought that, sorry if something I said sounded like that. Trying for yourself was an honest tip.

I spent almost a year coming up with theories before I found someone to play my first game with and the old saying about no plan surviving contact with the enemy is extremely true in this game. You can have a very carefully laid plan and then you realize at the deployment step that you can't fit your perfect formation where you need to be on the board because of terrain and that the opponent counters by placing models to break your stuff up. In other games your combo won't be interrupted because you get a full turn, I came from warmahrodes and was very fixated on combos but in this game the activation system gives your opponent plenty of opportunities to break your combos up. I needed to try on the table to get a feeling for how stuff worked.

Ludwig, you're good dude. I was just clarifying since that kept being said. As it is, until I receive my first crew box, the only cards I can read are within my M2E book or on pullmyfinger. So until it shows, I just keep trying to gain info from all of you. Luckily I found the battle report section and it is a help as well.

Also, my obsession has now lured my wife into the game. She likes the Neverborn best as well, but is going to start with rezzers so that we will have 2 factions to play between ourselves. So time to craft some terrain before our crews arrive. 

• Like 1