Blood Ascendant @ Top of 2...

NulSec

...but is it worth it? 

So I've been thinking about how one could do this without causing a lot of strife to my own crew and I think I have it, but I'm looking for some feedback here. 

1. Goryo: I free you of my will - get a Seshin. 
2. Terra slaps the Seishin with Ancient Protection. 
3. Yan Lo - Pitches something like "Follow" and a card to start off with +2 Chi. 
4. Yan Lo - Severes the Seshin (TC takes it, pitches a card for 0 damage). +1 Chi. 
5. Yan Lo - kills the Seishin for a final +1 totaling a Chi of = +4. 
6. Toshi can use the Seshin corpse at some point to get an Ashi. 
7. Sun can heal the Goryo. 

The bad:
At least a 6+ for the Seishin. 
At least a +11 for the Severe. 
A throw away card for the TC protection.
A throw away card for the Chi +1.
Obviously it's card intensive. 

The good: 
You are getting 4 more AP out of Yan Lo (assuming 5 turns). And a robust Mouth Light to smite your enemies with... 
You are not losing any models to get him there. (consider the Ashi an upgrade over the Seishin) 

13 minutes ago, NulSec said:

3. Yan Lo - Pitches something like "Follow" and a card to start off with +2 Chi.

You can only discard Ascendant upgrades for Chi unfortunately. I hadn't thought of using the TCW's ancient protection to get more hits in before.

I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to fit a Katanaka Crime Boss and use it to give Izamu Fragile +2 on turn 1, get a bunch of Chi, then heal him back up.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I saw that Charm Warder one. I like it, but man, the Charm Warder is SO good. Someone could simply condition remove your disguise. Good point on the Seishin. Damn - didn't think of that. 

My proposal only requires 1 Severe if I am counting right... 

Producing the Seishin requires a 6+ (mod)
Mold of the Other requires a 7+ (mod)
Severe Damage requires an  11+ (Severe)

4 minutes ago, Jinn said:

You can only discard Ascendant upgrades for Chi unfortunately. I hadn't thought of using the TCW's ancient protection to get more hits in before.

Ah crap - forgot about that, but yeah - there is some TC shenanigan potential. Looks like I am topping out at Chi +3. 

41 minutes ago, Mutter said:

You can still get Blood Ascendant T2 'cause first thing, you ditch a card, bringing you up to 4 Chi. But then you're severely reduced in effectiveness for that turn, so I'm not sure it's worth that.

Good point! You are starting on the back foot. 

The question is: do I want additional AP and Ca 5 on all of my actions or am I satisfied with my 3 AP and two (0)'s with Ca 8? The latter is much more appealing to me. I am perfectly fine with attaching Bone Ascendant during my activation on turn 2 or even at the start of my activation on turn 3 if I can thus maintain my Chi on reasonable level.

6 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

The question is: do I want additional AP and Ca 5 on all of my actions or am I satisfied with my 3 AP and two (0)'s with Ca 8? The latter is much more appealing to me. I am perfectly fine with attaching Bone Ascendant during my activation on turn 2 or even at the start of my activation on turn 3 if I can thus maintain my Chi on reasonable level.

A fair point. Could be a bit of a trap. 

On 11/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, NulSec said:

...but is it worth it? 

So I've been thinking about how one could do this without causing a lot of strife to my own crew and I think I have it, but I'm looking for some feedback here. 
6. Toshi can use the Seshin corpse at some point to get an Ashi. 

You are not losing any models to get him there. (consider the Ashi an upgrade over the Seishin) 

Seishin are spirits and don't drop a Corpse marker, which is why the Wastrel was used before. 

On 17-11-2017 at 10:19 PM, NulSec said:

Yeah, I saw that Charm Warder one. I like it, but man, the Charm Warder is SO good. Someone could simply condition remove your disguise. 

If someone is in a position to remove your Disguise condition they're in a position to remove your Chi, at which point the Disguise is the least of your problems. Luckily, the Soul Porter has an antiremoval aura. But yeah, like Kogan said, the Wastrel and Charm Warder both drop a corpse marker, which in turn gets you a nifty Ashigaru. 

• Like 1