Molly and Datsue Ba

DrunkenAussie

So i had an idea

Datsue Ba with my little helper

turns on Drop Scheme on death Aura then summons 2 seishin

Molly summons hopefully 3 drowned in Aura who drop 2 scheme markers each with finish the job and Datsue Ba's Aura

as each of the drowned die datsue ba discards to summon a seishin for up to 3 more

so with 6 AP i get 5 seishin for activations 6 scheme markers for Phillip to munch on for 3 turns

add maniacal laugh for a possible 3 more zombies for 8 extra activations turn 1

its card/stone intensive but in the first turn cards arent so important.

not sure how competitive it is but im gonna gonna give it a shot next time i play

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 12:09 AM, DrunkenAussie said:

So i had an idea

Datsue Ba with my little helper

turns on Drop Scheme on death Aura then summons 2 seishin

Molly summons hopefully 3 drowned in Aura who drop 2 scheme markers each with finish the job and Datsue Ba's Aura

as each of the drowned die datsue ba discards to summon a seishin for up to 3 more

so with 6 AP i get 5 seishin for activations 6 scheme markers for Phillip to munch on for 3 turns

add maniacal laugh for a possible 3 more zombies for 8 extra activations turn 1

its card/stone intensive but in the first turn cards arent so important.

not sure how competitive it is but im gonna gonna give it a shot next time i play

I think you need to determine what the minimum number of scheme markers and Seishin that makes this worth doing for you and have a plan B if you aren't going to be able to pull it off.

If you have to cheat for everything, you'll need 8 cards.  You could probably have Datsue Ba (or another model) drop a scheme marker so that Phillip and the Nanny can improve and expand your hand before activating Molly. It's unfortunate that Datsue Ba is activating first since top decking for the Seishin is likely to either fail or burn a card that could have been used to summon a Drowned (you only want to flip an 8 or a 9). Is there some way to slip in an obey so that Datsue Ba is activating after Molly summons the Drowned?

I think this is the activations you had planned:
Datsue Ba activates.
My little helper brings your hand to 7.
0 action to summon a Sheishin (needs 8+)
0 action to summon a Sheishin (needs 8+)
1AP to activate Spirit Whispers (aura that causes scheme markers to drop)

Molly Activates
1AP to Summon Drowned (needs 10+:crow)
Drowned instantly dies and drops 2 scheme markers.
Datsue Ba discards to summon a Seishin

If you've hired Datsue Ba with Molly you're most likely going Spirits Molly, so yeah her (0) to give a Spirit a (1) lets Datsue Ba place an extra Scheme Marker out of activation.

My kneejerk reaction is if you're going for all 3 Drowned it just seems too intensive. Spending all of a master's AP and throwing away your entire control hand for some Peons and future card draw seem like a tough sell. Like I'm not sure have 5 Seishins rather than 3 Seishins is actually much of an improvement, they don't really do anything for Molly and can't even get Black Blood from her either.

I think it could be viable if you have a really mediocre hand (10s and under) and summon 1-2 Drowned. That doesn't use your entire masters activation but still nets you 2-4 Seishin and Scheme Markers for future turns.