Random doubles list

arkan

Hi,

I'm putting a list together for bonescon random doubles in February.

I'd like some second opinions please.

It's basically 25 pts doubles.

So here's my list:

25 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 5 Pool
Captain Dashel (9)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Guild Austringer (6)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Doesn't seem worth it to bring Dashel to boost a single model. The thrall and Lucius can work well but you should probably bring one or two minions instead of Dash. In general I think Lucius is pretty crappy at such a low soulstone level because he needs models to support.

Someone like Perdita, Sonnia or Justice could take out half the opposing crew in an activation.

• Like 1

I agree about Dashel being not too important with no more guards. Ditch him (or take friend with McCabe and more guards:))

Lucius on the other hand *could* be good with minion heavy friend (Jacob Lynch will be super good as partner i think). Or he can commanding presence a friendly master (like Rasputina or Mey Feng with no fear of paralyze). 

Not that I have played a doubles match but in smaller model pools powerful alpha strikes tend to dominate even more than usual. Consider how much use Dashel will be if the opponent has Viks + LJ or some other obscene damage combo. And if you run into Asami + Ramos or something that one extra guild guard will not compensate, you will need to take their master out turn 1 or you're probably screwed bigtime. A dedicated summoner will likely double their soulstone count on the first turn. Idon't know much about the rules for your tournament so of course my advice should be taken with a graib of salt but I would recommend building a crew that performs regardless of who ou are matched with or what your opponent decides to do. In small games summoners tend to be more common and alpha stikes are the only counter to summoners so those also increase.