Sonnia vs lucius+dashel+riflemen

JosephCurwen

I played with sonnia and my opponent had lucius. My opponent played 2 riflemen with dashel and took down sonnia on turn 2 exploiting extra activation.

The problem is I don't know how to deal with ranged model which chain activate. If I can enter the range they can do that too and take me down before I can act. Attack vs defence is a tie but they have a lot of positive flips so I have a hard time defending even with cover

It's not a one size fits all issue but is there enough terrain on the board? Roughly a third to half of the total board space should be some kind of terrain, and a decent chunk should be blocking or what not. Otherwise shooters get skewed stronger. Always try to keep your fragile models hidden in cover until they need to do something.

Also, don't forget that Masters can use Stones for damage prevention flips as well. 

Lastly, I know guild doesn't have the speediest of crews, but riflemen tend to die to a stiff breeze and neither Lucius nor Dashel do anything to buff their survivability if I remember correctly. In one turn Sonnia can blast that bubble to hell pretty easily, so you just need to either get there first and do it to them instead, or tie them up.

Hope this helped

I'm running a Dashel + 2 Riflemen (plus Sergeant, Pistolero & Queeg) ball in a campaign at the moment, and one of the other guys is building towards Sonnia. We get Masters from next week onwards, so once the fireballs start hitting my little rifle-buddy gang, I'll let you know how that goes (my opponent is pretty good at using cover to advance & deny my gunline, plus he has a Guardian & Francisco for piling on the Df conditions).

That's actually an idea - have you considered either of those models? (Plus what the others have said about having enough terrain, and using Burning so Sonnia can stay hidden).

On 16.11.2017 at 1:29 AM, 4thstringer said:

I would have expected lucius to be at a disadvantage here. Papa buffs sonnia, Nurse hb pushes hb up, sonnia chain activates in and by the end of the activation no more riflemen and probably no daschel.

Hi I have question, what Nurse ability/attack allow her to push other models? It's def trigger allow her to push itself by 4" byt I can't find option to push Sonia 😉...thanks for advice 😉

21 minutes ago, Kheed said:

Hi I have question, what Nurse ability/attack allow her to push other models? It's def trigger allow her to push itself by 4" byt I can't find option to push Sonia 😉...thanks for advice 😉

Look at Nurse Heartsbane, not just a nurse. 

Nurse Heartsbane is in the 2 player starter box. All the guild models in there are Witch hunters, so will thematically fit with Sonnia.

Models like Witchling Thrulls, Judge and Queeg can be used to push Sonnia, whihc might allow you to bring her from out of range to in range. 

Other options I would consider, include usign a cheap model of yours to get to about 5" from them and use that as Sonnias target,a nd just drop the blasts over the riflemen.