New to Malifaux, New to Sandeep

8wGremlin

As the title says I'm new to Malifaux and new to Sandeep.
I was drawn to Sandeep's versatility, his ability to summon, and the range of academics that he can utilize. 

I'm thinking something like this, to make use of Beacon, and Tutelage 

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name: Sandeep oxford
Leader: Sandeep Desai 
  Command another Plane  or A Moment of Weakness
  Enlightened Soul
  Tutelage  
Amina Naidu 
Oxfordian Mage  
  Blood Ward 
  Temporary Shielding  
Oxfordian Mage 
  Doom Ward  
  Temporary Shielding 
Oxfordian Mage
  Nemesis Ward  
  Temporary Shielding  
Silent One 

Silent one is to help with healing etc. 
We normally play with 30ss. 

Would this be a good set up?
What advice would you give?
What else do I need?

Given the number of discards that your crew would like to be using I would recommend swapping out Enlightened Soul for either Arcane Reservoir (and the Silent One for the Arcane Effigy) or Unaligned Sage. You should probably figure out a way to get Warding Runes on Amina Naidu and the Silent One might be almost anti-synergy with Amina's aura to give :-fate to attacks against half wound models, if you need healing there is a trigger on Sandeep's push that heals the caster 2.

If you put Sandeep and the Oxfordians together you'll have a strong crew no matter what you do with the rest of the points, so just have fun with it.

10 minutes ago, 8wGremlin said:

The arcane effigy,  I'm not sure how that works to help me with the number of discards?

It's just to make up for the SS difference in the upgrades I'm guessing. The effigy is great with Sandeep though, for a few reasons: he's a cheap, tanky minion, so he can take advantage of all Sandeep's beacon actions, he has a 1 ap condition removal that requires no card flips, though it is at a short range (which considering the extra movement Sandeep crews can get is less an issue than normal), and he has accomplice, which lets you do silly things like Beacon Arcane storm, Student of All Arcane Storm, and the accomplice to Sandeep for 3 more Storms, giving 5 attacks before they can respond (or instead use the student of all to summon Banasuva, cleanse him of slow, and then accomplice to him.)

10 minutes ago, 8wGremlin said:

As Amina Naidu is a henchman, she can get Warding Runes on her as a normal upgrade?

Yep

23 minutes ago, 8wGremlin said:

With Beacon can Amina summon gamin (if she has suit and card)  if I take Command another Plane?

No, only the 4 Ca actions on his base card can be taken with Beacon. Sandeep can use the 1AP actions on upgrades for Student of All however.

• Like 1

Obligatory: 50SS is where the game really is balanced for post.  Seriously, 30ss is way to low to see how certain synergies work and its tough to get all your AP out for 10 points in that few activations. All of your choices are strong, however Silent ones really show up when there's frozen heart to take advantage of. I like them in Deep but I always bring an acolyte to shoot through. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

Obligatory: 50SS is where the game really is balanced for post.  Seriously, 30ss is way to low to see how certain synergies work and its tough to get all your AP out for 10 points in that few activations. All of your choices are strong, however Silent ones really show up when there's frozen heart to take advantage of. I like them in Deep but I always bring an acolyte to shoot through. 

What if I summoned Ice gamin, would that suffice using the frozen heart requirement?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 8wGremlin said:

What if I summoned Ice gamin, would that suffice using the frozen heart requirement?

That would work. You can also have Banasuva use his 0 action to also become Frozen Heart if he is close to the Ice Gamin. That gives the Silent One a Ht 3 model to draw LoS from which can let you shoot over models and some terrain. The biggest problem with using Banasuva as the mirror is that you usually want him engaged to beat on things in melee.

14 hours ago, WWHSD said:

That would work. You can also have Banasuva use his 0 action to also become Frozen Heart if he is close to the Ice Gamin. That gives the Silent One a Ht 3 model to draw LoS from which can let you shoot over models and some terrain. The biggest problem with using Banasuva as the mirror is that you usually want him engaged to beat on things in melee.

-Ish. honestly, most of the time the ice gamin holds your + flips upgrade. You don't want that guy way up the field acting as an arc. Plus you only get 3 summons, so if he's not your plus flip summon you are probably wasting a schemer summon. Agreed with Banasuva as a mirror. 

Wtf!!!

You didn't pick a Silent One to shot through a mirror, Silent One is one of the best ss/quality models on arcanist and is minion so can copy the Sandeep habilities, and in adition can heal all the models not only froen heart and can shot into combat.

If I can I allways pick one of those and in Sandeep it's a really good choice.

12 hours ago, Fictor said:

Wtf!!!

You didn't pick a Silent One to shot through a mirror, Silent One is one of the best ss/quality models on arcanist and is minion so can copy the Sandeep habilities, and in adition can heal all the models not only froen heart and can shot into combat.

If I can I allways pick one of those and in Sandeep it's a really good choice.

Havn't picked anything yet.

I was wondering what else was good?

any other suggestions besides Silent Ones, and what upgrades would be good for them?

So far:
Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name: Sandeep oxford
Leader: Sandeep Desai 
  Command another Plane  or A Moment of Weakness
  Enlightened Soul
  Tutelage  
Amina Naidu 
  Warding runes

Oxfordian Mage  
  Blood Ward 
  Temporary Shielding