Kai

Round Three Voting - Information

Yet another amazing round of Iron Painter!  Again thank you for those who continue to participate.  The theme "Stranger Things" definitely led to some strange works!  Some were creepy, some were silly, but they were all fantastic.  But it's time to put aside any binge watching that some of you did, set the brushes down, and take a deep breath.  Now it is time to vote!  Again you will only be voting on the bronze submissions.  Make sure to read this and the information below before you head over to the polls.  

A reminder that our gold and silver voting will be handled by our esteemed panel of judges.  If you want to take a look at the awesome entries though head on over to the galleries!

Gold: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/60-round-3-stranger-things-gold-finished/

5a0b1399f1063_GoldBracket.PNG.b5e0647714a2667c3f9cfb0d6935683a.PNG

Silver:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/61-round-3-stranger-things-silver-finished/

A note that the silver bracket was changed to include repairings based on DNF's and drops. This means some of the pairings in silver will be different than the original pairings posted in the announcement thread.  @Mr Lucky, @warrior4520 and @Hero of the Rev were moved to silver due to DNF's or Drops in silver.  The updated bracket is included below.  

5a0b22580ffa9_UpdatedSilverBracket11-14-2017.PNG.f51c2d0bd4cd7cbb4b2ea1ee0e8353dd.PNG  

For bronze the voting will be handled via the Round Three Voting - Poll.  There will be a link at the bottom of this post.  We have attached images for each entry, and all you have to do is choose your favorite out of EACH head to head pairing.  Please make sure you vote in each head to head.  Keep in mind Bronze had some repairings as well.  These can be seen in the poll itself.  

The gallery for bronze can be found here: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/62-round-3-stranger-things-bronze-finished/.  Feel free to head over there to comment on your favorite pieces, or to get a closer look at some of the images!

You can also check out those who were eliminated, but continue to paint on here: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/63-round-3-stranger-things-eliminated/

Below you will find the list of people who were either a DNF or dropped.  If you were paired against one of these people you were re-paired to have an opponent if possible.  This repairing was done randomly.  If you feel you are incorrectly on this list please PM me.

• Infern0
  • Jenna
  • Lilmisswarhammer
  • Schism 93
  • Olethros
  • Scotty_Kahn
  • Monomatana
  • Ransburger
  • LavronYor
  • Zombiedragon
  • Nonparity
  • Nayfan
  • Kuki
  • IIo9ilnik

If you made it to this point, that means you are ready to vote!  Head on over to the polls: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/132859-round-three-voting-polls/

• Like 3

Wow. Had a busy two weeks in the aftermath of my wedding and almost DNFed... went for a brightly-colored mini that I wanted to get painted for play to catch the eyes of the public for voting, painted it in the two days before the deadline, and got lazy on using multiple camera angles. And then I got moved up to silver tier. Whoops! ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ruzmazh said:

There is no number 26.and 25. with Reservoir Dog vs Reservoir Dog. :huh:

Because of the odd number?

If things get added/deleted it mixes up numbers.  No worries though everyone is in!

We still have that issue of the resolution being poor quality in the voting page. I know it happened to Helldrad last round, because I remember looking at their model on the actual submission page and being wowed when I saw how it really looked when zooming in. Unfortunately, this seems to be the case with mine this time; the voting page just gets blurry when you try to zoom in.

Agreed, I looked through the gallery in a separate tab as I voted. Some pieces didn't really need it, but others benefited massively from increased resolution. Would make my life easier if I could just click into a good picture straight from the voting thread.

• Like 1

Higher resolution would help with those that are close.

Lower resoluion as first impression though is not too bad.

Gives me an easy "in" for judging theme and overall atmosphere via a first impression

It does not lend itself to judging the technical skill, details, nuances etc. 

So I do have a 2nd tab open with the high resolution pictures.

With the number of duels this round its fine. Last round was...exhausting.

• Like 1

Many thanks to the participants and organizers for the excellent third round of the competition. I wish half of the participants turned out to be winners, and the second half was not defeated.)

Zanna, Congratulations. Your scene is excellent.)

P.S. There is a question regarding final pairings. After the drops, dnfs and moved tier up were removed from the bronze list all broken pairs were repaired and existing pairs were hold as they were. Despite the fact that pair Nikshe vs ArD was existing pair, it was divided and participants were repaired. It was only one case of such repairing. What was the perpouse of that? 

For me it was like flipping a red joker on attack, followed by a black one on damage flip.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, domperignome said:

shame that no one cheated fate :(

It's tough to see that there were quite a few people that ended up with a DNF, while some of us ELIM did finish... :(

• Like 4

2 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

It's tough to see that there were quite a few people that ended up with a DNF, while some of us ELIM did finish... :(

I feel that way as well, not like I would have made it past this round

3 hours ago, spikes said:

Ah, I guess here's where I bow out. Good luck for the rest still in the running!

Looks like I'll be joining the Eliminated Club this Round too. I'll submit entries for 4&5 though because it's fun and I still want a raffle ticket.

13 hours ago, ArD said:

P.S. There is a question regarding final pairings. After the drops, dnfs and moved tier up were removed from the bronze list all broken pairs were repaired and existing pairs were hold as they were. Despite the fact that pair Nikshe vs ArD was existing pair, it was divided and participants were repaired. It was only one case of such repairing. What was the perpouse of that? 

For me it was like flipping a red joker on attack, followed by a black one on damage flip.

That's an excellent point, it really defeats the purpose of announcing the pairing in the first place. I don't understand why Nikshe and ArD were split. 

@ArD I liked your scene, I will be sorry to see either of us eliminated. It seems unfair for you to potentially be eliminated because they made you play musical chairs with your opponent. 

• Like 3

Well, I've already lost. I'm pretty pissed that my original opponent DNF'd and my single model got paired against a ridiculous diorama. I really don't like rules changing mid-competition, regardless of what that competition is.

I feel like if someone can be bumped up from bronze to silver (like Mr Lucky, what a fitting name!), then someone in the eliminated category should potentially be shuffled back into the bronze repairing.

33 minutes ago, neoezekiel said:

Well, I've already lost. I'm pretty pissed that my original opponent DNF'd and my single model got paired against a ridiculous diorama. I really don't like rules changing mid-competition, regardless of what that competition is.

So you are saying that you based your entry on your opponents work only instead of your own skill? Why would it matter what you got paired against. If you did your best and made what you wanted to make it shouldn't matter what you got paired against.

Wyrd re-paired last round too so it shouldn't be a surprise. I am actually happy they reshuffled them as needed so it cuts down the field. This can't go on forever.

10 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

So you are saying that you based your entry on your opponents work only instead of your own skill? Why would it matter what you got paired against. If you did your best and made what you wanted to make it shouldn't matter what you got paired against.

Wyrd re-paired last round too so it shouldn't be a surprise. I am actually happy they reshuffled them as needed so it cuts down the field. This can't go on forever.

No, I did not base my work off of my opponent. But I did chose single model vs diorama based on a combination of my original opponent's previous entries and the time that I had available.

I'm upset about the repairing because it's not what I was expecting AND I was repaired against a MUCH MORE DIFFICULT OPPONENT that I didn't even have a chance against.

This competition has continued to leave a bitter taste in my mouth by appearing to be one thing and turning out to be something completely different.

• Like 1

Also pulling up into the next tier or dropping down a tier is essentially the same as a bye.

By getting pulled up a tier one of two things happen; either you win or you go back to the same tier that you were at before getting bumped up.

By dropping down a tier you get you get paired against an inherently weaker opponent.

Finally, repairing is inherently unfair to both competitors that get repaired, both would have received a bye otherwise and would have progressed to the next round. In nearly any other system of competition that uses pairing if your opponent doesn't show up you get the win or get a bye. 

Changing the rules during a competition is NOT OK, it drastically changes the expectations of competitors, lessens the value of the competition, and cheapens the experience.

4 minutes ago, neoezekiel said:

No, I did not base my work off of my opponent. But I did chose single model vs diorama based on a combination of my original opponent's previous entries and the time that I had available.

I'm upset about the repairing because it's not what I was expecting AND I was repaired against a MUCH MORE DIFFICULT OPPONENT that I didn't even have a chance against.

This competition has continued to leave a bitter taste in my mouth by appearing to be one thing and turning out to be something completely different.

" This repairing was done randomly.  " Unfortunately being paired against someone better (or in this case just did better work) is part of life. You are coming across as rather petty. You did a model to the best of your ability and time and should be proud of the fact that it was finished and entered. Again last round had the same re-pairings, it shouldn't have come as a surprise when it happened again. There are many models posted in Bronze that I wouldn't have had a chance against. I figured I would be re-paired due to what happened last round. It's the breaks, life goes on. Not sure how a paired painting competition has turned out different in your eyes, they re-paired to give us something to vote on. SHouldn't matter who you where paired against. I see why they wanted to move some up to silver to fill holes since they have judges for those categories.