Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Thalarian Queller (6)
Watcher (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)

First time playing Samael, the rapid fire thing is pretty nice with min damage 3 but I found that if you keep a couple of severes plus the 2 cards Sonnia needs for her thing plus his card you will end with an empty hand by third activation :S This was also my first time playing the Queller. On paper he seemed pretty good (enchanting Samaels + Franc weapons and chain activating into Samael to Rapid Fire) but I managed to enchant weapons 2 times in the entire game (due to bad flips and not having spare cards in hand. I think that the quellers would be better with a less card intensive master.

Anyway, I managed to win as I killed all the enemy crew but didn't have a good feeling about how I played.

• Like 2

Don't underestimate the Quellers once per turn ability to draw you a card if one of your models uses or discards a soulstone - Sonnia can ditch a stone or 2 cards, so losing the stone "gets" you 3 cards, which can be huge ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tris said:

Don't underestimate the Quellers once per turn ability to draw you a card if one of your models uses or discards a soulstone - Sonnia can ditch a stone or 2 cards, so losing the stone "gets" you 3 cards, which can be huge ;)

yes, I've forgot to draw such card 3 of 5 turns XDD

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm running into Levi in Ply tonight.  Here is my list

Lucius- Deep pockets, secret assets

Brutal Emissary- Conflux of Tyranny

7 Guild Guard

A thrall

A Bloodwretch.

This is all about the card engine.  Im gonna get that going early, try to end up with a ton of weaks to discard at the end of the first turn, and then go into the second turn with an incredible hand and incredible draw.  We'll see if it actually works out.

I played this list and another game against Levi.  The Levi list was Levi, ashes, rusty, waifs, and 5 aboms.  His card draw was as good as mine.  I almost took ashes off the board turn 2, with my super tuned deck I created by discarding 8 weak cards at the end of 1.   I ended up winning because my opponent was fairly new to the game and wasnt good about plying, and dedicated too many resources to surround them. It was 9-6

Game 2 I ran a themey Lucius list, with a lawyer, daschel, 2 beckoner, 2 gg, 2 riflemen.  Into close symbols.  I lost a summoned gg, a beckoner, a lawyer and a rifleman first turn, but my opponent underestimated the rifleman and he took out the dust storm (my opponent had sacked ashes for position with levi) that turn.  Without that it would have been a slaughter.

Both games lucius was basically able to solo covert breakthrough and Entourage.  I kept him as far from Levi as possible.

• Like 2

I am still learning Lady Justice. Tonght, the team was :

LJ swordfighter/vendetta

Phiona transparency

The Jury

DMR lead lined coat

executioner ready to work

Guild investigator

brutal effigy

Against Asami

The strat was Ours (2-3). Schemes : guarded treasure(-), set up (0-2), hold up their forces (3-0), show of force (1-0), search the ruins (0-3)

The game was tight. I ended up 6 - 8. I moved the investigator to the center too late to deny the search the ruins of my opponent. At the beginning of turn 2, Lady justice lost her full activation attacking Asami. I am still making some poor choices of target with Lady Justice.

I wanted to try Vendetta with a heavy hitter team and go for the kills. In this situation, I believe that the coffin would have been better.

6 hours ago, le_wahou said:

I am still learning Lady Justice. Tonght, the team was :

LJ swordfighter/vendetta

Phiona transparency

The Jury

DMR lead lined coat

executioner ready to work

Guild investigator

brutal effigy

Against Asami

The strat was Ours (2-3). Schemes : guarded treasure(-), set up (0-2), hold up their forces (3-0), show of force (1-0), search the ruins (0-3)

The game was tight. I ended up 6 - 8. I moved the investigator to the center too late to deny the search the ruins of my opponent. At the beginning of turn 2, Lady justice lost her full activation attacking Asami. I am still making some poor choices of target with Lady Justice.

I wanted to try Vendetta with a heavy hitter team and go for the kills. In this situation, I believe that the coffin would have been better.

Keep in mind that buried minis are considered dead at the end of the game. I learned this in the hard way as I buried an enemy I know had Take One for the team and I lost due to that rule :S

2 hours ago, longfanz said:

Keep in mind that buried minis are considered dead at the end of the game. I learned this in the hard way as I buried an enemy I know had Take One for the team and I lost due to that rule :S

I don't think you lost that game then.  Just because the model counts as killed doesn't mean your model killed it.  I would think it counts as condition death or terrain death.   I could be wrong about this though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My list for a game today Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: nellie and the all s 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Delegation 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Guild Funds 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Sanctioned Spellcaster 5ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 

I'm expecting either zipp or Wong.

42 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I don't think you lost that game then.  Just because the model counts as killed doesn't mean your model killed it.  I would think it counts as condition death or terrain death.   I could be wrong about this though.

Mmm, interesting. The rules say:

In addition, models that are buried at the end of the game count as killed for Encounter victory purposes.

Now that you say it is not easy to understand. How would you play this? if the model is buried by one of my models, will it score full points for Take one for  the team? (given the model buried had less cost than the model who buried him).

Thanks!

5 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

My list for a game today Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: nellie and the all s 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Delegation 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Guild Funds 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Sanctioned Spellcaster 5ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 

I'm expecting either zipp or Wong.

8-6 victory against Wong, 2. Swine cursed, Sammy, Burt, iron skeeter, taxidermist and a lightening bug.

He got public demo turn 1 because I just accepted that I was giving up public demo and take one for the team.

He got one marker (because reckless 5 ss models are bullshit), but I managed to kill the take one sucker turn 3.

His summoned stuffed pigs were a real pain in my butt.  I'm glad they are three stones because they are a little too tough and being able to kill themselves for pulse damage like that is brutal.

Neliie is real strong, and the jury + ss anti charge ability really stopped the scary reckless charge crew.

• Like 1

I had backed from a vacation to japan last week, and was very lucky to have a chance to play with the henchman and the brand new champion of the previous day tournament. I was defeated by the henchman but able to win the match of the champion (with some luck).

vs. Henchman (Mourning Resser)

Strategy was Ours, I cannot recall all Schemes but I think I had picked Dig Their Graves and Vendetta (Mon Hun -> Archie). And the following is my list I played.

Lucius

-Some upgrades here

The Scribe

Thrall * 2

Mon Hun * 2

Reporter

Hound * 3

It was a close game. I messed up the Vendetta Scheme and shot the first attack of the Mon Hun to another model. Hench I needed to finish the Archie with the Mon Hun to score full VP. There were 3 times very close to it, but with some luck factor the Archie survived and was healed to full with nurse. It was a game that I could win.

vs. Champion (Lilith)

Public Executions, Eliminate Leadership, Take One For The Team (Franc). I always play this strategy with the Lady, and no different this time.

Lady Justice

-Swordfighter

Scales of Justice

Franc

-LLCoat

-Wade In

Jury

-LLCoat

-Debt

Master Queeg

-LLCoat

-Promises

DMRecruiter

Effigy

Hound * 2

I would call this as an easy game since I am able to pull out severe damage with 2 rams when attacking Lilith with the Lady at the bottom of turn 1, and my opponent had flipped a BJ in his prevent flip. As you may imagine, the game then totally turn to my flavor from that point.

All games played with great fun and communication. We do not only played game but also had a long conversation about ours meta and community status. It is funny to find that all players, who are about 3,000 km away from yourself, do share same thinking, feeling and struggling about the game. I am very desire to play with them again.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2018 at 12:58 PM, longfanz said:

In addition, models that are buried at the end of the game count as killed for Encounter victory purposes.

Now that you say it is not easy to understand. How would you play this? if the model is buried by one of my models, will it score full points for Take one for  the team? (given the model buried had less cost than the model who buried him).

Thanks!

I would say that your models didn't kill him. The game killed him. So whilst it counts as killed, it isn't killed by an enemy model. 

• Agree 3

So, today i played the following list against Ressur - Reva. I am still learning to play Lady J:

Lady J (Swordfighter, Ashwood Coffin, Last Stand) 5 Stones

Francisco Ortega (Wade In, Debt)

The Jury (Numb to the world, Debt)

Guardian

Guild Austringer

Field Reporter

Watcher

Brutal Effigy

Round one i cleared a candle and pushed forward with all stuff, Round 2 i plied a lot and one hitted a lampad while getting rid of a high card for not boxing in the other lampad having counterstance and having defensive +3 with her :). She attacked my francisco and i healed him up with plenty of things. She killed my effigy which had take one on it, same as her lampad. After that we agreed that having plenty of mindless zombies and an asura, was not the best way to approach ply, but she wanted to learn those models, so it was a success.

I got a list in mind, that is an absolutely no fun for the opponent, but is pretty strong in my mind:

Nellie CHochraine (Misleading Headlines, Delegation, expert sleuth) 4 Stones

printing press

Phiona (expert sleuth, debt)

ABuela (debt)

Papa Loco (Sleuth)

Peacekeeper (numb)

death marshal

The plan here is pretty easy and is only two ways: Your opponent stand together or, your opponent doesn´t.

If he does stand together (at least 3 models with a maximum of 7´ apart):

1. activate printing press and give nellie evidence.

2. out activate your opponent as long as possible and try to get some more evidence with models attacking nellie.

3. Abuela activates, places a scheme marker goes forward and uses her ability to let the death marshal perform a 1 action (putting loco in the box and relenting with him)

4. Phiona goes forward and places a scheme marker.

And now you check if you can do devastating damage to your opponent with a papa loco action or if you need to use the peacekeeper:

5. Nellie activates and pushes herself forward, she then teleports the deathmarshal forward to the scheme marker. She then can proceed to give the deathmarshal fast and do some more stuff with her abilites that you find useful.

6. Go forward with the deathmarshal one time, then charge in and attack its normal attack. After that use the pine box (you have to lose the wp vs. wp duel with loco when DM activates) and release papa loco.

7. Papa Loco instantly companions and uses his blow up ability or if you want to go risky use his attack action.

8. Move peacekeeper in range and maybe he was fast from nellie, which is nice.

If your opponent doesn´t offer you an opportunity to deal AoE damage release loco early with the dm and give the buff to the peacekeeper, then teleport the peacekeeper to the scheme marker and attack with fast. This way you can kill solo models.

Discard all expert sleuth upgrades in turn 2 and go crazy again with papa loco NOW dealing Aoe (if you decided to go risky) or follow up with the peacekeeper charging in and killing everything that is still left after the loco did his job.

What do you guys think?

played Ours (corner) tonight w/Guarded Treasure, Show of Force, Hold Up Their Forces, Undercover Entourage, Public Demo.

Played:

Lady J w/Vendetta, Swordfighter, Last Stand, Frank w/Wade In, Lead Lined Coat, Phiona w/ Transparency, Lead Lined Coat, Executioner w/Ready to Work, Thalarian Queller, Brutal Effigy, Guild Guard x 2 + 1 SS for total cache of 5.

Took Guarded Treasure and Undercover on Lady J.

He had (from memory not notes)- Arcanists- Ironsides w/some upgrades, Mouse, The Captain w/upgrades, Howard w/Well Rehearsed, 3 x Oxfordian Mages w/Upgrades, Wind Gamin. 

Was an interesting game and he was a good guy to play against. I baited him on one side and was able to force him to strand a couple of models in the middle on two turns which enabled me to score ours while denying him points for it. Phiona w/Transparency made it easy to keep markers down on one side for Guarded and I usually had another model available (Guild Guard most turns) to give me another marker. Lady J made fought in tandem with the Executioner on one side with a Guild as backup marker dropper and positioned for the 5th turn sprint to score Undercover. Good fun game. My first against Ironsides. 

• Like 2

Strat: Supply Wagon

Schemes: Dig Their Graves (I took), Guarded Treasure, Inescpable Trap (both took), Take Prisoner (he took on Abuela), Public Demonstration

I took

Leader: Perdita Ortega (5SS)
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
Abuela Ortega 7ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Pathfinder 6ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 

Was against a Yan Lo crew.

Phiona, the enslaved nephilim and Abuela pretty easy got the wagon up the board in turn 2 (Phiona would push it, use Abuela 0's to push her than walk, Abuela would obey Phiona to interact again, walk and interact then the enslaved Nephilim kept them together to do similar thing next turn). The pathfinder really messed up my opponents plan by blocking his paths. Francisco + Queller + Perdita managed to take down Yan Lo. Won 10-3

• Like 1

Heading back to the dojo tonight.  I'll be playing against Collodi (likely with Nekima and Hooded Rider) The scenario will be Ours and I'm bringing...

Sonnia Criid (cherufe's imprint, counterspell, no more masks)

Malifaux Child

Francisco (wade in)

Peacekeeper (numb)

2 Thalarian Quellers

Guild Investigator

Brutal Effigy

I have double flame walls to keep him away from me.  Frank and the Effigy do their things.  I'm trying to peacekeeper for protection from Nekima/Hooded Rider (though I'm sure Ret's eye will show up). The Quellers and Investigator are there for practice.  Suppression markers would be good against some of his models, and enchanting weapons will nullify the Hooded Rider's defense.  Investigator could also make Hooded or Nekima "act casual" to limit their attacks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jchrisobrien said:

Heading back to the dojo tonight.  I'll be playing against Collodi (likely with Nekima and Hooded Rider) The scenario will be Ours and I'm bringing...

Sonnia Criid (cherufe's imprint, counterspell, no more masks)

Malifaux Child

Francisco (wade in)

Peacekeeper (numb)

2 Thalarian Quellers

Guild Investigator

Brutal Effigy

I have double flame walls to keep him away from me.  Frank and the Effigy do their things.  I'm trying to peacekeeper for protection from Nekima/Hooded Rider (though I'm sure Ret's eye will show up). The Quellers and Investigator are there for practice.  Suppression markers would be good against some of his models, and enchanting weapons will nullify the Hooded Rider's defense.  Investigator could also make Hooded or Nekima "act casual" to limit their attacks.

I love the sonnia matchup against collodi.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 1:58 PM, longfanz said:

Thanks!

Buried is a condition and malifaux does not take track of the source of a condition as stated in the latest FAQ about how to handle Warding Runes, when a condition was applied out of the immunity aura and the model comes back in). That means that the condition "buried" caused the death of the model and none of you killed it. However, it is counted as dead at the end of the game.

• Thanks 1

A new player has eyed Lucius for a long while but only recently found out about the January ‘17 errata. We set up a mirror match:

Lucius with Legalese and Surprisingly Loyal/Secret Objectives

Captain Dashel with Arrest Him

Mr. Graves

Mr. Tannen

Guild Lawyer

Witchling Thrall

Terracotta Warrior

Scribe

With a schemey scheme pool, there were plenty of the shenanigans that thrill the weaselly hearts of Lucius players: lawyers charging and then suing their charge target for obstruction of justice, summoned Guild guard hopping among the forest of markers left by What Lackeys Are For, Tannen marking a target for Graves’ attention and pushing Graves out of the no-scoring zone, devil’s deal with a terracotta for ‘stones, thralls healing back from the brink of death with four attacks a turn, a damage flip of severe & red joker & black joker. On the last activations of the game he took the scheme and the game from me by legalese claiming my scheme marker in the center of the board. It was glorious.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

No it's not. Rulebook on "Bury" says nothing about it being a condition. I do agree that neither player counts as killing the buried model.

How come? If Lady J. or a Death Marshall is running around with someone in a box, it would be fairly obvious, who is responsible for it, more so than a bunch of conditions stacked by various models anyway?

46 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

How come? If Lady J. or a Death Marshall is running around with someone in a box, it would be fairly obvious, who is responsible for it, more so than a bunch of conditions stacked by various models anyway?

But you're not actively killed by a model - you are dead because the game ends and you're not on the board, the game killed the model if you want to think of it that way.

And I can just say it again, bury is not a condition, just to be sure :)

• Like 3

I'm playing in Ply in standard, with Surround them, public demo, inescapable trap, set up, and holdup their forces.  

I've made a list for myself and a list for a friend who wants to try hoff.

For me: 

Lucius- surprisingly loyal, deep pockets

Beckoner

Beckoner

Tannen-llc

Santiago-llc

nino-hair trigger

scribe

witchling stalker

Pistolero De Latigo

For @Rob Lo

Hoffman- field repairs, improved harness

Ryle- Debt

Franc-wade in, debt

Guardian

Riotbreaker x 2

watcher

re: my Sonnia vs Collodi match.  It was brutal and short and ended  on turn 3.  He had Collodi, 3 marionettes, Nekima, Hooded rider, Stictched Together, Brutal and Arcane Effigy.

Turn 1: Maneuvering and flame walls

Turn 2:  His Stictched took two shots on Sonnia, then Collodi ordered it to shoot four more times,  I won two of the duels so knocked the Stiched down to one, so it reactivated and cast at me again!  I won the duel and the Stitched killed itself, but Sonnia was down to 2 wounds.  Sonnia and Nekima were engaged, the Hooded Rider had charged the Peacekeeper and crippled it thanks to Ret's eye.  Nekima killed my Effigy, but both Quellers scored Public Demonstration off Nekima.

Turn 3:  Collodi wins initiative, and within a few activations Frank and Sonnia and the Peacekeeper are dead.  I'm left with the Quellers, Investigator, and the Child, so I can't score Guarded Treasure.  He's attacked all my models except the Child, so I kill the child (which was his Take Prisoner target).  I couldn't prevent him from scoring Guarded Treasure or Ours each round, so we called it.

Final Score: Collodi 7 (4 Ours, 3 Guarded Treasure), Sonnia 3 (1 Ours, 2 Public Demonstration)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm playing in Ply in standard, with Surround them, public demo, inescapable trap, set up, and holdup their forces.  

I've made a list for myself and a list for a friend who wants to try hoff.

For me: 

Lucius- surprisingly loyal, deep pockets

Beckoner

Beckoner

Tannen-llc

Santiago-llc

nino-hair trigger

scribe

witchling stalker

Pistolero De Latigo

This list was able to win 7-0 against Shen long.  I was able to ply every turn, and get 2 for inescapable trap and 1 for set up.

17 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

For @Rob Lo

Hoffman- field repairs, improved harness

Ryle- Debt

Franc-wade in, debt

Guardian

Riotbreaker x 2

watcher

I wasnt playing this game but watched the game v. Perdita.  Hoff took hold up and public demo. The called it at turn 4 was perdita wasn't able to do her killing thing effectively.  I think the score at 4 was 5-4.

• Like 1