Jump to content
4thstringer

been a while since I've asked, what was your last list you played

Recommended Posts

I ran this one tonight:

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: wastrel 50ss 
Leader: C. Hoffman - Cache:(3)
   Improved Harness 1ss 
   Pneumatic Upgrades 2ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Brutal Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Amalgamation 0ss 
Nino Ortega 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Abuela Ortega 7ss 
Wastrel 4ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Guild Lawyer 5ss 
Death Marshal 6ss.

Ran in flank ply with breakthrough in the table.  Got all my markers down against Shen long with ease.  Only got ply one turn.   Managed to get my malifaux child away from my opponents to avoid take prisoner.  My opponent for once didn't take surround, denying me my emissary trick.  He also had a ton of condition removal, denying my fees which I wanted to build up on models.  
 

I was required to use the wastrel by our local challenge, so I tried to use it to cycle cards.  Between the flip for the upgrade put on and the flip to give it out I didn't get a lot out of it tbh.  Forgot cyborg was an upgrade so spent more cards than I should have on it.  A second watcher probably could have done what I did with abuela almost as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 4 Pool
 - Swordfighter (1)
 - Ashwood Coffin (2)
Scales of Justice (3)
Ryle (10)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
Guild Pathfinder (6)
Guild Austringer (6)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

 Against a Collodi crew which had (off hand)

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Collodi + 7 Pool
 - Strum the Threads (1)
 - Bag of Props (1)
 - some other upgrade
Marionette (3)
Marionette (3)
Lazarus (11)
Hooded Rider (10)
Doppleganger (7)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Arcane Effigy (4)

 For

Random encounter generated with CrewFaux
Deployment: Corner Deployment (9)
Strategy: Public Executions (Tomes)
Schemes: 
  * Eliminate the Leadership (Tomes, he took)
  * Dig Their Graves (2)
  * Undercover Entourage (5, on Ryle)
  * Search the Ruins (8, both took)
  * Recover Evidence (11)

First turn my opponent had a pretty meh hand and I managed to summon a trap to block one of the alleys out of his deployment zone. The hooded rider, arcane effigy and Collodi failed to take down my trap (which did 1 damage to the hooded rider). Beyond that turn 1 just saw the rest of our models getting into position.

Turn 2 I summoned another trap beside the hooded rider forgetting he can just push away (freeing himself and arcane effigy). At this point though my pather finder managed to split his crew with the rider, arcane effigy and doppleganger sneaking past trap alley and the rest of the crew going the other direction. He charged the hooded rider into a defensive buffed lady Justice who took minimal damage and riposted him for his efforts. Francisco and Lady Justice then brought him down to 1 wound left and one of my guild guards finished him off getting me bloody. Collodi learnt trying to target Lady Justice 9WP was a mistake.

Turn 3 Franscio buffs Lady J and helps move her into charge position. Collodi brings Francsico down to hard to kill with no AP for his next turn. Lady Justice charged Lazarus only hitting once for weak (should have just boxed him). Doppleganger copies pathfinder gun but can't hit with it. Ryle pushes through the forst burning debt to the Guild and brings the arcane effigy down to hard to kill and puts some damage on the doppleganger. 


Turn 4 Lady J kills lazarus when I cheat in the RJ on double crit strike and puts a Marionette down to hard to kill. Dopleganger charges Ryle and hits him with his own fist for RJ damage (didn't have trigger but managed to SS to prevent 3 and armor reduce one). Ryle kills the doppleganger and austringer kills the arcane effigy. Opponent brings Lady J below half wounds for eliminate the leadership and calls it there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night I broke Hoffman out against the Neverborn.

Hoffman: Field Mechanic, Arcanist Assets, Improved Harness; Mechanical Assistant, The Jury, Howard Langstrom, Brutal Emissary (Amalgamation conflux), Papa Loco, Watcher, Mobile Toolkit.

Lilith, Nekima, Hooded Rider, Lilitu, Iggy, Baby Kade, Insidious Madness, Primordial Magic (not sure on upgrades)

I did box Howard with the Emissary, and walked the Emissary up to Nekima to keep her from charging next round.  She knocked him down to 1 wound, then Howard popped out and almost killed her before Lilith dragged her away.  The Emissasry went down right after that, but eventually Howard finished off Nekima and killed Lilith!  The Mech. Assistant was useless, the Toolkit handed out a few buffs and dragged Hoffman around.  Having two peons in Ours didn't feel great.  Papa didn't do much, he was a quick swap for Abuela and I thought I might box him and borrow his dynamite punches/blasts.  The Improved Harness worked well as a deterrant; since he couldn't reduce my damage he didn't engage me much (except for one time when the Hooded Rider blocked LoS between Hoffman and Howard.  Howard barely survived, and almost scored Take Prisoner against Baby Kade until Lelitu killed Howard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran 5 different masters with generally very different lists at the tournament I went to last weekend.  Won games 1, 3 and 5 but it was nice to try some different things out as I've only managed 1 game of gg18 this year before last weekend.

Game 1 crew. 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(6)
   Delegation 1ss 
   Embedded 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Performer 5ss 
Taelor 9ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
McTavish 11ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Vengeance Bullet 1ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Welsh gt rd2 50ss 
Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(6)
   Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss 
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Badge of Office 2ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Welsh gt round 3 50ss 
Leader: McMourning - Cache:(6)
   Guild Coroner 1ss 
   Test Subjects 1ss 
   Dampening Field 1ss 
Zombie Chihuahua 2ss 
Myranda 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Rogue Necromancy 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Cojo 6ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: sonnia cast 50ss 
Leader: Sonnia - Cache:(5)
   Counterspell Aura 1ss 
   Cherufe's Imprint 1ss 
   No More Masks 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Witchling Handler 7ss 
   Disrupt Magic 2ss 
Brutal Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Incineration 0ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Watcher 4ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: justice vs resser 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(5)
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Last Stand 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Flames of the Pit 2ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Lone Marshal 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bucket Monkey said:

Ran 5 different masters with generally very different lists at the tournament I went to last weekend.  Won games 1, 3 and 5 but it was nice to try some different things out as I've only managed 1 game of gg18 this year before last weekend.

Game 1 crew. 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(6)
   Delegation 1ss 
   Embedded 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Performer 5ss 
Taelor 9ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
McTavish 11ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Vengeance Bullet 1ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Welsh gt rd2 50ss 
Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(6)
   Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss 
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Badge of Office 2ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Welsh gt round 3 50ss 
Leader: McMourning - Cache:(6)
   Guild Coroner 1ss 
   Test Subjects 1ss 
   Dampening Field 1ss 
Zombie Chihuahua 2ss 
Myranda 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Rogue Necromancy 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Cojo 6ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: sonnia cast 50ss 
Leader: Sonnia - Cache:(5)
   Counterspell Aura 1ss 
   Cherufe's Imprint 1ss 
   No More Masks 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Witchling Handler 7ss 
   Disrupt Magic 2ss 
Brutal Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Incineration 0ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Watcher 4ss

 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: justice vs resser 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(5)
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Last Stand 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Flames of the Pit 2ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Lone Marshal 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss

How did you like taelor in a Nellie list?  Any chance of us getting reports or game summaries of your experiences with these lists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can do a brief summary of each game and how it did for me.  I’ll try and add the strats and schemes later when I dig out the tournament pack.

 

game one was in a Nellie vs Nellie game, Taelor was fairly solid, she took a big chunk out of a peacekeeper, then was generally pretty annoying holding up the centre of the board around our supply wagons, a good damage track, 3” range, debt and ignoring armour on a trigger was great, she’s great in the 9ss slot now even without debt. Phiona outflanked and did what she does best, hitting things and dropping scheme markers.  McTavish was solid, putting up cover and shooting into it fairly well.  The bigger base helps with supply wagon too.  Performer and field reporte just tried to disrupt and affect opposing scheme markers.

 

game 2 was vs Marcus.  It was ok.  Just didn’t seem to have enough killing power to take out what I needed to, as the medical automaton and the steam fitter helped keep Marcus alive very efficiently   Watchers worked really good for their (2). Action t1 before I wanted to commit them to scheme running and disruption for a few good early shots.

 

game 3 went really well.  I got very lucky in my opponent failed 4 crucial horror duels keeping the rogue necro alive far longer than it should.  Quadruple stalk was really good, as were McMournings new upgrades.  They make him really efficient, I might swap out the dampening field for on the clock to give out precise next time, though It was useful the turn I went into Hannah with McM.

 

Game 4 was vs Summoning Pandora.  The handler wasn’t really worth it, id need more witch hunters to make the most of her upgrade.  But the potential for Ryle chaining burning gunfire was too fun not to try.  The rest is all part of my fairly standard load out and is pretty good.  Just couldn’t get pandora down, nor kill enough for the strategy.

 

game 5, the list worked very well, they all synergies well, it puts a lot of damage out and there’s some fast enough pieces to be eat t1 or the top of t2.  Depending on the strat I might swap dept for LLC, but having 4 models with minimum 4 damage is great against ressers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bucket Monkey said:

  

game 2 was vs Marcus.  It was ok.  Just didn’t seem to have enough killing power to take out what I needed to, as the medical automaton and the steam fitter helped keep Marcus alive very efficiently   Watchers worked really good for their (2). Action t1 before I wanted to commit them to scheme running and disruption for a few good early shots.

 

I think your game 2 was described on the Flippin wyrds podcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

played against an Arcanist player yesterday that was running Mei Feng.

My list was: Lady J w/Vendetta & Last Stand, Francisco w/Wade In & Lead Lined Coat, Judge w/Lead Lined Coat, The Jury w/Lead Lined Coat, Executioner w/Ready to Work, Brutal Effigy, and 2 x Guild Guard. He hadn't played in a while and wanted to play against something straight forward so I played this instead of Yan Lo or Shen Long (my main crews currently). The GG are cheap activations and can run off to do Surround Them while the rest of the crew is pressuring the opponents crew.

Strategy was- Ply for Information (Flank Deployment), Schemes- Surround Them, Undercover Entourage, Hold Up Their Forces, Dig Their Graves, Take One For The Team. I took Undercover on the Jury and Surround Them. 

First turn the BE dropped a marker in my deployment and double walked to buff Lady J with his (0). The GG just double walked for the corners the Judge and Jury pseudo shadowed the GG while staying closer to the center but being able to react if needed. He tried to alpha strike with Mei turn one and ended up taking the Executioner and Lady J to the face afterwards and Frank held the center with Finesse up making it hard to do anything to him. 

Turn 2 I won initiative, went with the Judge who Plied and finished off a Railworker, companioned in Frank who eliminated Kang. The GG dropped markers in the other corners, the BE followed Lady J around and shot a Gamin, Jury slid around the flank, Lady J charged and killed another model and plied with her 3rd AP. Executioner double walked. 

By turn 3 it continued to snowball with my beaters running free range through the models he had left. Losing Mei first turn and Kang second turn without taking out anything key in my crew really put him on the back foot and he never recovered. 

On the plus, this was the first game I really was able to do much with it but got some pretty good usage out of Investigate on the GG!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Finally I managed to play my first two games, this was my list:

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
 - Reincarnation (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade In (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Incineration (0)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Watcher (4)
 

This were the schemes and strats in the second game, against Neverborn (Titania, Barbaros, Cyclops, Tooth an Thorn, Silurid and other thing I dont' remember)

Deployment: Standard Deployment (6)
Strategy: Ours (Crows)
Schemes: 
  * Guarded Treasure (Crows)
  * Set Up (3)
  * Show of Force (7)
  * Recover Evidence (11)
  * Public Demonstration (13)

 

I picked Show of Force and Guarded treasure. I managed to win at the end because I was able to obliterate his crew but didn't really feel comfortable placing markers and stuff. The other thing I noticed is that the watcher didn't do anything in either game, probably I'll swap it for the effigy instead. Comments and advices about how to play this list will be highly apreciated.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, longfanz said:

Hi,

Finally I managed to play my first two games, this was my list:

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
 - Reincarnation (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade In (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Incineration (0)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Watcher (4)
 

I picked Show of Force and Guarded treasure. I managed to win at the end because I was able to obliterate his crew but didn't really feel comfortable placing markers and stuff. The other thing I noticed is that the watcher didn't do anything in either game, probably I'll swap it for the effigy instead. Comments and advices about how to play this list will be highly apreciated.

I have not yet played a single game with Sonnia since book 5 was out(too busy with Lady's new upgrade) but I heard lots of comments with Puriflying Frame as a blast anchor with the new sommon and chain activation upgrade.

Also you may want to try out investigator to push Sonnia around, instead of the traditional Master Queeg, as well as running and anti-running scheme.

And yes the Effigy is considered nearly auto-include with Sonnia for the potential multi card draw in a single turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rufess said:

I have not yet played a single game with Sonnia since book 5 was out(too busy with Lady's new upgrade) but I heard lots of comments with Puriflying Frame as a blast anchor with the new sommon and chain activation upgrade.

Also you may want to try out investigator to push Sonnia around, instead of the traditional Master Queeg, as well as running and anti-running scheme.

And yes the Effigy is considered nearly auto-include with Sonnia for the potential multi card draw in a single turn.

Well, with "hermanos de armas" I had enough to position Sonnia at the middle of the board and shoot from there but I want to try investigator and swap Papa Loco for a Withcling Handler to deliver more burn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 2nd place in a Henchman hardcore tournament using

Jury (leader)

Franc + Wade in

Recruiter

Brutal Effigy

 

Tied 2-2 Vs: Ryle with debt + Judge with lead lined coat + Guardian + Guard

because neither of us wanted to be the first to charge the other list and we couldn't do enough damage shooting to seriously hurt each others list

 

Won 7-2 vs Old Major + Gracie + slop hauler + hogwhisperer

he deployed in the open so first turn managed to snipe out the slop hauler. Went downhill from there

 

Won 7-3 vs Vincent + Kentouri + rotten belle + shieldbearer 

Kentouri tried charging Jury and instantly regretted it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the last list I played against, someone who made witchling handlers work!

Sonnia: The Mask, No More Masks, Cherufe's Parting Gift

2 Witchling Handers (lead lined coat, disrupt magic)

2 Witchling Thralls

2 Thalarian Quellers.

 

He beat me in a Symbols game, he scored full points (Covert Breakthrough, Take Prisoner, Symbols) I scored 6 (Dig Their Graves, Set Up) using a Lucius list.  The quellers laid down some suppression markers, handlers pushed the thralls up who pounded people and disrupted my casting actions.  Handlers also set up their burning aura and dropped markers so the thralls could punch again.  Dropping a Purifying Flame in to mess with my soulstone use, which really hurt me twice. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have got to remember: elite lists against that guy I played tonight. His dawn serpent did things to McMourning’s chaff models that would get flagged on any responsible video-sharing platform.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran lj into a public executions game tonight against Pandora

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: lj bomb 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
Scales of Justice 3ss 
Captain Dashel 8ss 
   Arrest Him 0ss 
Papa Loco 7ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
The Lone Marshal 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
 

The lone Marshall is due to my iron chef challenge.  I've wanted to run the riflemen for a while.  They were an absolute killing platform, especially since my opponent is still getting used to Pandora.  We called the game after turn 3.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I ran lj into a public executions game tonight against Pandora

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: lj bomb 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
Scales of Justice 3ss 
Captain Dashel 8ss 
   Arrest Him 0ss 
Papa Loco 7ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
The Lone Marshal 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
 

The lone Marshall is due to my iron chef challenge.  I've wanted to run the riflemen for a while.  They were an absolute killing platform, especially since my opponent is still getting used to Pandora.  We called the game after turn 3.

 

 

Havent bought the rifleman, have been curious on there uses, can you elaborate on them please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baratta said:

Havent bought the rifleman, have been curious on there uses, can you elaborate on them please.

The shoot things with a 14" range.   They can hold focus between the turns. Daschel buffs them considerably.  That's really it.  They are a model that can star one game and really fall flat the next.  I think if my opponent had moved Pandora aggressively into engagement she would have shut that down, but you see riflemen on the table rarely enough that it is easy for people to underestimate their potential.  An experienced opponent can and will tie them up.  I've wanted to try them with either lucius to push them out of engagement or investigator to push enemies out, but haven't tried it yet.

I think they are better in 2018 than in any of the previous gg versions due to less need to cross the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: wardens 50ss 
Leader: Lucas McCabe - Cache:(2)
   Loot Bag 1ss 
   Cloak of Invisibility 1ss 
   Strangemetal Shirt 1ss 
Captain Dashel 8ss 
   Arrest Him 0ss 
   
Nino Ortega 7ss 1ss hair trigger
Warden 6ss 
Warden 6ss 
Warden 6ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
 

This list beat Pandora through armor and wound count.  Nekima went down turn 2 and after that there just weren't enough attacks to get rid of models fast enough (even though Daschel went down early turn 3). By the end I only had 1 Warden left but the guardsmen were mostly there as were McCabe and nino.  Pandora died to a meaningless last attack abd left Kade as my opponents only model.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the same Sonnia list I posted a few days ago against Pandora and didn't go very well :S he killed Sonnia, Papa Loco and Francisco really quick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played a guild v guild game of symbols against a returning learning player.  I gave him a list with perdita (fastest draw, aura ancestral, truck shooting). Frank (LLC and Wade in) a domador, a belle, 2 monster Hunters, a effigy, the neph and a watcher.  I had Sonia with the mask, reincarnation and no more masks, Sam with witch Hunt and LLC, 2 stalkers, 3 gg and sue with LLC.

 

Top of 2 I kill off a monster Hunter and rj Frank down to 1 wd.  He pulls Frank back and heals him to 4.  Sonnia moves up to charge range of perdita so I could swing sonnias sword.  I put everburning on perdita.  He kills my purifying flame with perdita and puts up trigger finger.

Top of 3 he wins init despite me flipping a thirteen and an 11 due to fastest draw.  He puts on fear not the sword and Pat's out a fire.  Then he charges Sonnia.  Sonia weather's the storm with a rjed stone and a few other decent stone flips, and beats on perdita for cards and healing, and to put some burning and damage on perdita, getting her to where the burning would kill her at end of turn.  The remaining monster Hunter hits Sonia pretty hard, but stones once again keep it from hurting too bad.   Sam flaming bullets the two of them, putting the fear into the monster Hunter, and then plus some burning onto the monster Hunter.  The witchling puts enough damage and burning onto the stalker to get me another stalker at the end of the turn.  

Frank ended up at one wound after going into the gg.  We called at the end of three.  

I was excited to have used everburning, reincarnation, flaming bullets and her ml attacks successfully.  My opponent seemed to have fun and wants to try it again.  That's a good sign.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Played a guild v guild game of symbols against a returning learning player.  I gave him a list with perdita (fastest draw, aura ancestral, truck shooting). Frank (LLC and Wade in) a domador, a belle, 2 monster Hunters, a effigy, the neph and a watcher.  I had Sonia with the mask, reincarnation and no more masks, Sam with witch Hunt and LLC, 2 stalkers, 3 gg and sue with LLC.

 

Top of 2 I kill off a monster Hunter and rj Frank down to 1 wd.  He pulls Frank back and heals him to 4.  Sonnia moves up to charge range of perdita so I could swing sonnias sword.  I put everburning on perdita.  He kills my purifying flame with perdita and puts up trigger finger.

Top of 3 he wins init despite me flipping a thirteen and an 11 due to fastest draw.  He puts on fear not the sword and Pat's out a fire.  Then he charges Sonnia.  Sonia weather's the storm with a rjed stone and a few other decent stone flips, and beats on perdita for cards and healing, and to put some burning and damage on perdita, getting her to where the burning would kill her at end of turn.  The remaining monster Hunter hits Sonia pretty hard, but stones once again keep it from hurting too bad.   Sam flaming bullets the two of them, putting the fear into the monster Hunter, and then plus some burning onto the monster Hunter.  The witchling puts enough damage and burning onto the stalker to get me another stalker at the end of the turn.  

Frank ended up at one wound after going into the gg.  We called at the end of three.  

I was excited to have used everburning, reincarnation, flaming bullets and her ml attacks successfully.  My opponent seemed to have fun and wants to try it again.  That's a good sign.  

Edit: and my favorite part of the night, being called by another player in our meta a meme player.   I'm so proud.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: mg grimwell 50ss 
Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(2)
   Shooting Cans 1ss 
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Dr. Grimwell 9ss 
   Curfew 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
Papa Loco 7ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
Mounted Guard 7ss 
 

Against the same guy as last week.

He brought Dita, frank, nino, 2 Monster hunters, effigy, watcher,  neph.

The game was public executions.

I triggered my grimwell /mounted guard in to take out a monster Hunter. I knew I was throwing grimwell away but figured I would get a turn out of him, being def 8 and all.  I messed up and didn't save it for last, preventing me from using curfew.  Unfortunately on one hit from perdita rjed the damage flip and only a good stone flip kept him from dying.

Grimwell was able to kill one more monster Hunter before both him and the mounted guard were killed.  That hurt.

From there it was basically me trying to bridge the gap and him popping out and killing my models I sent across.  Frank got killed by a rapid fire attack on him from nino while he was in cover from full wounds.  His Frank tanked so many attacks from me.

The cards weren't good but my play was worse.  I lost 9-1.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played last night using the Duncan's "Pushy Shovey" Sonnia list.  My opponent had Reva, Anna Lovelace, 2 Belles, 2 Flesh Constructs, 2 Guild Autopsies.  The trick is to drain the opponents hand so your autopsies and constructs Reactivate.  I'm just glad he wasn't using Nicodem again!

The push engine worked well, though more practice is needed to optomize getting models in the right location.  There was one particularly brutal exchange:  Reva charges Sonnia turn 2 (which I could have prevented with a flame wall instead of shooting a construct).  Sonnia takes some damage then I win Initiative.  Grimwell moves, then pitches a card for Sonnia to move out of engagement with Reva, and blasts away!  I made a mistake blasting off her and killing both autopsies, which let her head some damage.  That and some good soulstone use (and a black joker on a damage flip) meant Reva survived the flame barrage and killed Sonnia.  Franciso charged in and wounded Reva some more; Reva drops him to Hard to Kill.  At the of turn three, Franc goes first, flurries.... and brings Reva down to one wound.  She lives, and Francisco will surely die, BUT WAIT!  Papa Loco chain activates, walks up to Francisco and punches him, getting sever e damage and killing Reva (who was out of stones) with the blast!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played bears into asami tonight.  The pool was symbols, surround them (I know, it's not legal,), search, take one, inescapable, and covert breakthrough.

I took take one on a bear and inescapable trap, and my opponent took search the ruins and covert breakthrough.  We were in close deployment.  My opponent had asami with bad hair, the flicker one, and something else, killjoy (his ingredient) with recalled training, yamaziko, son quan, a tt bro, totem, and a Healy monk.

I mcm with badge, coroner and test subjects, 4 bears, 2 gg and 2 investigators.  This list would have probably been too slow if I wasn't in close.

The bears ml 5 in guild is a big hit.  They missed a lot more than they should against kill joy, much less all that def 7.  They did apply a bunch of slow, and the investigators condition messed up killjoy.  In the end my opponent got 2 for each scheme and 1 strat.  He got my middle marker but got so bogged down doing that and messing with me, I was able to get the rest.  His totem slowly beat my take one target to death.

Mcmourning got me 2 for inescapable trap on his own, with the markers that he places out from killing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running into Levi in Ply tonight.  Here is my list

Lucius- Deep pockets, secret assets

Brutal Emissary- Conflux of Tyranny

7 Guild Guard

A thrall

A Bloodwretch.

This is all about the card engine.  Im gonna get that going early, try to end up with a ton of weaks to discard at the end of the first turn, and then go into the second turn with an incredible hand and incredible draw.  We'll see if it actually works out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×