Playing vs another resurrect

f1amius

Hi guys. 

I can't solve the problem which master better to take when playing vs another res.

i thought to use mcmorning cuz he ignore hard to wound and armor and have huge  dmg from poison.

But if the opponent have the hanged mcmorning will die too fast. 

The main problem is to counter Nicodim, with new models he is really terrifying opponent.

Which master can u recommend vs another res player? 

If your main concern is the hanged look for bury or paralyze tricks as this makes their rarity an issue for your opponent.

If Nicodem is causing you issues think about models that can deny him corpses  or use them against him by blowing them up, attacking through them, summoning or simply discarding them.

Alternatively aim for models that can apply pressure early to drain resources and reduce the potential of strong summons.

I've heard Seamus is horrible to face for Nicodem but having not played that out I can only go off of hearsay.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tapdancer said:

Molly loves Nico especially when she has a Kentauroi to taxi her in, best counter to Nico currently in ressers.

Taking maniacal laughter is cute but a good Nico player isn't going to let you get much use out of that.

A master killing three models and laughing those corpses into zombies in the same activation is three lass corpses for Nico. Interrupting between his corpse generators and him should achieve a similar result?

1 hour ago, Tapdancer said:

Molly loves Nico especially when she has a Kentauroi to taxi her in, best counter to Nico currently in ressers.

Taking maniacal laughter is cute but a good Nico player isn't going to let you get much use out of that.

What is the way to counter Niko with Molly? She don't use markers for summon, and don't discard them.

i also think to take yin and try give - flip on Niko's Ca actions. 

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

A master killing three models and laughing those corpses into zombies in the same activation is three lass corpses for Nico. Interrupting between his corpse generators and him should achieve a similar result?

Anything is possible given right variables.  I would however point out given the positive flips on defence and card draw for each kill (assuming your targets are likely to be in Nico bubble)that would be a difficult outcome to achieve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tapdancer said:

Are you expecting Nico to not have corpse markers? Or just to be able to project enough force that you can't always safely turn them?

Its certainly not going to ruin a Nico game, but it will affect their tempo, and sometimes thats enough to give you the edge. You get into a kind of chicken, workign out when to steal their corpses, and when you don't need to, all of which can reduce the summoning threat of Nico. 

8 hours ago, f1amius said:

ut if the opponent have the hanged mcmorning will die too fast.

if you're afraid of The Hanged, take Chiaki. she remains very usefull even if your opponent has no dreadful conditions to impose on your models.

as others said, Maniacal Laugh is also good in mirror matchups.

Seamus has always been solid for me in the mirror match. With Sinister Rep, Corpse Bloat, Do you know who I am? He can easily get where needed and lock down Nico's stuff with high WP duels after he's spent his good cards summoning. Corpse Bloat can do a lot of work against his horde too. 

Reva seems like a pretty good pick as well. Your own Mindless Zombies and Candles can provide you with ways to get at his important henchmen and enforcers. You might even get some work out of her new Sky Riders upgrade to blow up every corpse on the board at once.

• Like 1

Another option if you positively know you're up vs Nicedem would be to go Kirai with some anti-Corpse tech. Gaki, Goryo, Onryo, Seishin and Ikiryo... none of your incidental summons will drop Corpses when they die. Due to Gaki actively eating them up and being cheap as chips you could even hire some.

Supplement this with Sebastian holding Those Are Not Ours to sacrifice any of your own Shikome/Hanged/Drowned that you summon before they give die and opportunistically use a Corpse to summon a dog. Bring in Phillip And The Nanny to feed you cards and for Scheme Marker control. These utility pieces should be able to deny Nicodem all his best toys and let you come out ahead.

Another great thing is that Kirai isn't usually upgrade-heavy from what I hear, so you should have space to sneak in a Maniacal Laugh of your own to try pinch his Corpse Markers.