Tournament W5

Fictor

Hi dudes!

In a few days I'll go to a 50ss tournament that can be played with W5 upgrades and W5 minituares on sale.

Only have 2h for round, in the last tournament I couldn't finish any game, I really play fast, but not the oponents (it's true), so I have decided play hyper agresive to finish faster

I have an idea of my crews but want your opinions, and crews aportation, my masters are Marcus, Ramos, Colette, Ironsides, Kaeris and Raspi (The jewel Sandeep is on painting process :()

The Schemes are:

R1

Guard stash
Standar deploy

Claim jump
Eliminate the leader
Undercover
Mark for death
Hidden trap

R2
Reckoning
Corner deploy

Claim jump
Frame for murder
Search the ruins
Recover evidence
Tail'em

R3

Squarter right
Flank deploy

Claim jump
Acussation
Quick murder
Cover break

Hunting party

Going from a (semi) noobs gut feeling:

R1 seems problematic for my experience. On one hand it's Guard the Stash, so either Ramos or Ironsides (Done it with Mei Feng too, but that's not a master you have). But on the other hand, Eliminate the Leadership is in the pool, and as such I dislike taking Ironsides. Granted I mostly don't have Ironsides killed unless I want it to happen either.

Ramos again could stay a "safe" distance away, and keep summoning spiders. Seems like the safest bet, depends abit on your opponents faction.

R2 is Screaming Ironsides to me. Especially with W5 upgrades. Her and the 3 Stooges for Reckoning, a couple of Wind Gamin for scheme running (or a Wind Gamin + Soulstone Miner).

I've tried sacrificing a Mage for Framed for Murder, with limited success. Search the Ruins perhaps with Wind Gaming?

Throwing this out there. Lets see whatyou think.

Guard stash
Standar deploy

Claim jump
Eliminate the leader
Undercover
Mark for death
Hidden trap

Raspy may be able to block their access to one of the markers with double ice pillars making them struggle with strat points. It kind of depends on the board but worth keeping in mind. 

Marcus can go ultra aggressive with multiple cerberi or beast-constructs if you prefer those.

Claim jump is probably a no-brainer. I'm a fan of mark for death because it's flexible and should score well even if they stall but if you see that you have the tools to take out their leader you could try that too. Entourage is technically good for Marcus but not if ou expect slow play.

Marcus could be something like:

4ss for upgrades

Totem

2x Cerberus w energies

Myranda w. energies

Gupps

2x Waldgeist

Not sure how much that is, you may need to drop the totem or downgrade the waldgeists to molemen or something. 

R2
Reckoning
Corner deploy

Claim jump
Frame for murder
Search the ruins
Recover evidence
Tail'em

Marcus, Joss, Langston, Cassandra, Myranda. A canine remains to turn things beast and do schemes.

R3

Squarter right
Flank deploy

Claim jump
Acussation
Quick murder
Cover break

Hunting party

Marcus with a couple of gupps, Myranda, Cerberus and Langston for hunting party and claim jump. Stuff for  more activations.

Guard stash
Standard deploy

Claim jump
Eliminate the leader
Undercover
Mark for death
Hidden trap

For this, I would bring either tanky Kaeris or Marcus.  I personally like to bring Ama no Zako along with Guard the Stash games.  Her ability to create Hazardous terrain and her damage track with a trigger to heal works well.  Kaeris's Heat Wave condition makes it easier for Ama to hit since she only has a Ml 5 but can also make it harder to hit her.  Marcus can alpha her or an enemy and you can turn Ama into a beast to benefit from Myranda's aura and heals.

Reckoning
Corner deploy

Claim jump
Frame for murder
Search the ruins
Recover evidence
Tail'em

Definitely Marcus for this one.  Take a Performer if you think some Don't Mind Me is needed and/or models with leap.

Squatter rights
Flank deploy

Claim jump
Accusation
Quick murder
Cover break

Hunting party

I've always found Colette to shine in Squatter rights with her Prompt ability.  With Accusation in the pool, it is a great idea to activate models early to accuse a model they're engaged with and use Colette to Prompt models for the Squatter markers.

I would totally take new Toni into that first pool. With a steamfitter she is so hard to take out anymore and sure your opponent will possibly get those 3 points but its going to soak up so much AP that you will love them for it. 

Claim Jump round is Marcus or Deep. Though quick murder says Marcus to me. Bring those SIlurids or Grootslang if you got em. Reckoning pool is also Marcus There's no killy party like a Marcus killy party, unless the viks are there :)

Hi dudes!

I din't have list for R1 yet... but weekend test an impresive crew for R2 and i think haver R3 crew too.

Ramos R2 50ss 
Leader: Ramos - Cache:(3)
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   The Philosopher's Stone 1ss 
Amina Naidu 9ss 
   Imbued Protection 2ss 
Carlos Vasquez 9ss 
   Stunt Double 1ss 
   Imbued Protection 2ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Mannequin 4ss 
Mannequin 4ss

Test vs Guild, I didn't kill one enemy, perfect, I wan't kill no one for avoid frame of murder, win 7 - 1, Carlos and Amina with Df7 engaged entere enemy crew, and with 2 Steamfitter I recover the 13's for Df and have 3/4 13's per turn, imposible to deal with that two tanks. In the other hand Arachnid + Mannequin score all points :P

Marcus R3 50ss 
Leader: Marcus - Cache:(4)
   Seize the Day 1ss 
   The Trail of the Gods 1ss 
   Feral Instincts 1ss 
Jackalope 2ss 
Myranda 8ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Sabertooth Cerberus 9ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Sabertooth Cerberus 9ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Rougarou 8ss 
Guild Hound 3ss 
Guild Hound 3ss

Opposition of R2, real Alpha crew, only focussed on kill, kill and a little kill.

For the R1 I want play Marcus too, but I'm affraid to put all egg in a bag with Eliminate Leader and Undercover on Marcus, if the enemy can kill my leader not only he wins 3 points, he denieged me 3 for Undercover...

17 hours ago, Fictor said:

Hi dudes!

I din't have list for R1 yet... but weekend test an impresive crew for R2 and i think haver R3 crew too.

Ramos R2 50ss 
Leader: Ramos - Cache:(3)
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   The Philosopher's Stone 1ss 
Amina Naidu 9ss 
   Imbued Protection 2ss 
Carlos Vasquez 9ss 
   Stunt Double 1ss 
   Imbued Protection 2ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Mannequin 4ss 
Mannequin 4ss

Test vs Guild, I didn't kill one enemy, perfect, I wan't kill no one for avoid frame of murder, win 7 - 1, Carlos and Amina with Df7 engaged entere enemy crew, and with 2 Steamfitter I recover the 13's for Df and have 3/4 13's per turn, imposible to deal with that two tanks. In the other hand Arachnid + Mannequin score all points :P

Marcus R3 50ss 
Leader: Marcus - Cache:(4)
   Seize the Day 1ss 
   The Trail of the Gods 1ss 
   Feral Instincts 1ss 
Jackalope 2ss 
Myranda 8ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Sabertooth Cerberus 9ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Sabertooth Cerberus 9ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Rougarou 8ss 
Guild Hound 3ss 
Guild Hound 3ss

Opposition of R2, real Alpha crew, only focussed on kill, kill and a little kill.

For the R1 I want play Marcus too, but I'm affraid to put all egg in a bag with Eliminate Leader and Undercover on Marcus, if the enemy can kill my leader not only he wins 3 points, he denieged me 3 for Undercover...

I would not do entourage on Marcus knowing Eliminate is in the pool. If he dies that's a 6 point swing for your opponent. 

Game 1

I would maybe go with:

Kaeris, Purifying fire, Flaming angel, Imbued protection. 5 Cache.

Eternal flame.

Firestarter.

Cerberus, imbued energies.

Myranda, imbued energies.

Joss, Imbued energies

Railworker.

Depending on opponent eliminate the leadership and undercover entourage would be my picks.

Joss and Railworker hold the stashes whilst the cerberus and kaeris kill things myranda can bring an extra blessed or cerberus too,

Kaeris and firestarter also help keep peoples wounds topped up as does the eternal flame.