Building around sonnia's and perdita's boxes

JosephCurwen

I bought Sonnia's box and perdita's boxes and now I need some advice in building a flexible crew that can go with them.

I've already bought child, death marshals and handlers. 

Also, I don't really know how you are supposed to play around sonnia(other than spamming walls and shooting at stalkers to maximize blasts)

With the new upgrades I love nurse hb from the starter box with Sonnia.  It makes her alpha strike very tough to avoid, because of how far forward she can be pushed.   Other players have loved watchers,  the effigy,  and Abuela with her.   I'm currently of the belief that monster hunters go with everyone, and investigators might be worthwhile with her too.

Perdita works well with everyone,  in my opinion.   It's hard to build a bad list around her.   

For the most part both of the masters work well alone, meaning that unlike Nellie or Lucius or McCabe they aren't really interacting with models in their crews. Now this isnt to say there are zero interactions, but most of these interactions are about getting the master into place to kill the enemy. Perdita benefits from having at least a few Family members in her crew with one of her main mobility abilities requiring a Family member to target. Sonnia on the other hand doesn't really require and characteristics, just models that push her up the board so she can start blasting away. She does have synergies with Witch Hunters and I would recommend taking at least a few, witchling stalkers are slow but they are great models for 5 stones. Both masters have a similar play style though, and that is get them into effective range of a target rich environment. Perdita deletes a single model a turn very well, and this can be anything from minions(though here she could probably kill 2) all the way up to henchmen. Sonnia can delete models, but from my experience she does a better job dishing out damage to large swathes of your opponents crew. The Brutal Effigy works great with both masters and is a super solid 4 stone model. Monster Hunters seem like the new hottness, but I havent had a chance to try them out yet. I think Sonnia might enjoy taking the Domador de Cadaveres and a Rotten Belle to pull models your opponent hides in cover or to pull your opponents models into clusters to maximize blasts, but this is just theoryfauxing and I havent tried this out on the table. Also it could be viewed as a crutch, but I come from Neverborn where I never played a competitive game without the Doppelganger, Frank is pretty much an auto-include in most Guild lists.

Brutal effigy is a must with those two.

Other than that watxhers are nice but since you might not want anything else from Hoffman's box (and you want two watchers) you would need to look at a store that sells singles or proxy something.

If you don't find watchers I personally really like playing three guild hounds to waste activations turn one so you keep the threat of your master for as late as possible. They also run schemes well even if they don't remove enemy cover and the other watcher tricks.

The effigy and either two watchers or three guild hounds is a really solid foundation for an otherwise elite list.

It's usually just min damage if you relent and the effigy buff let's you heal when you damage enemy models.

Plus thr new upgrade (cherufes parting gift) let's her chain activate so the opponent can't leverage that you damage your own master :)

I'm just more concerned at what are you doing if you don't get the right suit?

I hate that Heartsbane hasn't built that in...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nickb003 said:

@4thstringer Are you using Nurse HB's Electroshock with the crow trigger to push Sonnia? Can't that be a fair bit of damage to her?

Most likely 2 hp of damage and with the effigy Sonnia heals that back on her first attack.

Can't remember for sure but I believe electroshock doesn't need to pass a Tn so the odds of having any crow (especially after using a ss) are very much in your favour. With the option to companion I think I prefer that to the alternative ways of pushing.

Edit for clarification: I am kind of assuming you already had Francisco buffing and pushing Sonnia up so Heartsbane is really only substituting the need to have the Judge for doing the second push. Francisco get Sonnia about 4 inches up (3,9 if he only walks a single time and then gets clear for Heartsbane's push) and makes her actually have a shot at withstanding attacks against defence. Heartsbane then probably charges her to push her up and you companion into her if you know an opponent might be able to engage her that far up. That should let you threaten anything that has left the opposing deployment zone in standard setup and with the blasts you could potentially be putting damage on vulnerable support models deep in their deployment. Knowing that threat is there will probably influence how the opponent moves their models turn one.

Don't forget to have a watcher on the opposite edge of your deployment that can take it's (2) action to let Sonnia draw LoS if the opponent tries to stay out of Sonnia's LoS. If sightlines are bad from the deployment zone you could move it up to a place where you can draw better sight lines and bounce blasts off it or keep them scared turn 2 as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tris said:

It's usually just min damage if you relent and the effigy buff let's you heal when you damage enemy models.

I'm just more concerned at what are you doing if you don't get the right suit?

I hate that Heartsbane hasn't built that in...

Hb with suits built in is like a dream.   Restraints would be amazing. 

I haven't ran into not having it,  But I'd imagine bluffing that I did would still make my opponents react to me. 

But bluffing only goes so far - and I´m also not sure if I would want to use a face crow for the push, so even if I have one....

I agree that the push is very good especially considering the new chain activation, I just don`t feel good with not being able to have it when I really want it^^

10 hours ago, Tris said:

Plus thr new upgrade (cherufes parting gift) let's her chain activate so the opponent can't leverage that you damage your own master :)

I thought when you relent you can't declare triggers.